Worst places in UK (not in Scotland)

6 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Here's a handy guide to the nice parts of the UK (excluding Scotland).  

image.png

Some bits of central London are the sketchiest places in Britain, England has some nice places I wouldn't rank London I'm their midst it's a very meh place loads to do and a few areas are nice but it's badly let down by the majority of suburbs being awful, extremely rude locals and a crime rate through the roof

6 hours ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Literally anywhere in Lancashire

I'd agree with that but I'd also throw in West Yorkshire.  We lived in the North West for 10 years - Bolton, Horwich, Chorley.   Bolton would be up there as being one of the grim Northen cities.  The worst place I had to visit was probably Huyton  in Merseyside, although Widnes would be a close 2nd.  

Some of the worst places I've been to have already been mentioned: Redcar, Blackpool & Luton.

I'd also like to mention Milton Keynes. Not a "shithole" in the sense of some other places mentioned here, but really a quite boring, soulless place. It just seemed to have nothing there when I went, and that was even with a local showing me around (I was there to visit a friend).

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'd agree with that but I'd also throw in West Yorkshire.  We lived in the North West for 10 years - Bolton, Horwich, Chorley.   Bolton would be up there as being one of the grim Northen cities.  The worst place I had to visit was probably Huyton  in Merseyside, although Widnes would be a close 2nd.  

I've always imagined that Widnes would be awash with 10/10 wids. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu