Worst places in UK (not in Scotland)

Lots of places on the North of England. Blackburn, Oldham, Blackpool, Doncaster, Rochdale, Hull, Castleford, Rotherham, Huddersfield etc etc.

But my nomination is further south - Peterborough.

As one survey response put it: "Take a trip into the town centre and it’s like walking onto the set of the Walking Dead. Every manner of inbred mutant adorns the streets."

Larne is a fucking tip on a number of levels. 

I know Derry is trying to reinvent itself a some sort of cultural haven but I dont know how anyone outside of the fringes of northern irish poltics can be bothered with it on both sides of the river.

Im not anti NI i would happily live on the (non Larne) Antrim coast.

Derry is a bit of a hole. England has many many places in contention here Boston would be my suggestion but Luton, Lincoln, Southend, Ashford, Dover, Blackburn, Oldham, Blackpool and Hull all deserve to be included in the list.

Loads of the satellite towns of Liverpool and Manchester in the north west of England are especially fucking howling, Wigan, Oldham and Warrington in particular stand out as so fucking grim that selling weed and heavily cut cocaine is a pretty decent career choice. 

19 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Middlesbrough 

I had an aunt and uncle who moved near there in the 1970's to a nearby seaside town called Redcar, f**k me that was bleak beyond DESCRIPTION.

As a kid my parents would regularly drag me down there for a week to visit them and my cousins, loved spending time with them but, my god it was depressing that place, a soulless, grey seaside town with a polluted beach and a giant petro chemical plant a few miles up the road in Middlesborough. 

The fact that, well known, dark ages set, racist comedian Roy Chubby Brown is the most famous son of Redcar is a fairly accurate summation of the place, full of angry drunk xenophobic little Englanders. 

Sunderland city centre is an absolute dive. Went down for a game a few years ago and it feels like a bigger, shitter Saltcoats.

Old people out wearing tracksuit bottoms, junkies, ugly fat women and Sunday roasts on a Saturday morning.

Also see Blackpool.