Hell in a Cell 2019

TheGoon

Cena or Reigns never got that. Maybe Cena at One Night Stand but that's an even score. The thing is... the fans actually BOUGHT IT. There was a point where the fans were totally on board and they fucked it. That pop when Fiend locked the mandible claw out of nowhere was amazing.

The show was mostly their usual forgettable, bog standard B level PPV. That main event was some incredibly stupid booking, even by WWE standards. It seems like this show just got lost in amongst the Raw/Smackdown/NXT reboots and the next disgusting Saudi blood money show.

Rollins can just piss off, I'm sick of the sight of him. His promos are the pits and his matches send me to sleep.

I only watched the first couple of matches before giving up, not willing to sit through 4 or so matches pulled out their arse to get to the main event.  But hoooo boy that main event.

I completely get the hate for it, but I don't think it was a million miles away from succeeding.  There were some pretty good spots in it.  But it came completely off the rails around the time of Stomp-o-rama, then went down a ravine, then burst into flames.  Thing is though, when they were both about to make their entrances, there wasn't really any other way the match could have ended.  It was almost like Vince was on holiday, and in his absence the writing team decided they were going to put the Fiend up against Rollins at Hell in a Cell for this huge moment.  They hadn't decided who was winning, probably planned shenanigans, and when Vince returned he liked it, but refused to do anything other than Rollins winning.  The sad thing is that none of this needed to happen.  Once they were out it was unchangeable, but they could have had Rollins come out the winner while still protecting the Fiend, and they certainly couldn't have done it without the second non-finish in two years for a HIAC match.  The storyline leant towards Braun being involved, so add him into the match.  The two of them work together to take the fiend out, let him take all the weapon shots and get him out the way, then have Rollins pin Strowman.  Then have all the stuff after the match and let the Fiend stand tall.  No-one loses anything, crowd doesn't shit all over it, everything is where it was.  Or, the most fucking simple thing, DON'T HAVE THE MATCH HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE.  Don't book the Fiend into a title match you don't want him to win, in a scenario where you can't have a DQ (I know it wasn't a DQ, but you know what I mean) finish without the crowd going mental.  

That chair shot to the head though...popped for that.  Seemed to be done largely safely, so I'm all for them doing newer spots that look brutal if they can absolutely guarantee the safety of those involved.