What is more unbearable?

Well?  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've always though there should be a pact among the normal clubs in the premier league that, whichever of them has the most points after 11 games, once everyone has faced each other once, the rest will lie down to them for the remainder of the season. That would give them 75 points, plus whatever they get in the first 11 games and what they get off the gruesome twosome.

You might think this is a stupid idea, but hear me out; imagine the heads-gone mania it would cause among the great unwashed.

Can't see that being the case pal. If so, they'd think there was a conspiracy every time a losing team drops a player or the referee gives an incorrect decision in favour of the other.

Oh.

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

Disagree. A duopoly is more stable. One cheek can take over while the other one is down. 

As it is we can only hope for them both to have off seasons at the same time as one of the rest has a good season. 

Far more likely that a single club has a shit patch. 

And they feed off each other. Interest in the rivalry drives revenue from morons.  Those morons might otherwise support other teams.  

Absolutely this.

You only need to look at when Rangers were out the picture for evidence.   

Celtic receded back towards the pack and kept mucking up in Europe and in the Cups.  

A one horse race is exactly the same as the two horse kind if both horses represent a single entity.  It's likelier though that one horse will sometimes fall over.

It’s an easy choice for me tbh - I want 10IAR. I want it because I find Rangers fans much, much more unbearable than Celtic. From “going for 55” to “the Rangers are back” chat, since Rangers went down and have made their way up the leagues again they have done so with zero grace and decorum. Instead of “progressing the youth” they’ve spent millions to get back to where they are - and question marks lie over those funds as well. They deserve nothing but absolute misery. Celtic fans would get over it if they fucked 10 in a row. If they did manage it? It would break Rangers forever, or for at least our entire lifetimes. Unless Celtic suffered a catastrophic financial collapse, which is very unlikely, Rangers will never match that and their fans know it. It would be absolutely glorious. It would be game over for the ****. The only reason I wouldn’t want 10IAR is if any non-OF club stopped it - which remains the ultimate prize in Scottish Football. But of course that’s not going to happen in the next 2 seasons.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

In season 2020/21. In July the 10 teams barring the OF get together. They devise a "last man standing" type competition the winner of this competition gets a free pass. The other teams lie down to them all season in the league. Maybe give them a game but chuck it at the end. That team wins the league.

Let's just say Motherwell are playing this "free pass" team on the last day of the season, Motherwell need a win to stay up and the "free pass" team need a win to clinch the title. Do you still stand by your idea?

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Let's just say Motherwell are playing this "free pass" team on the last day of the season, Motherwell need a win to stay up and the "free pass" team need a win to clinch the title. Do you still stand by your idea?

yes.

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

If Motherwell needed a win to stay up, they wouldn't be playing the free pass team.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig & grandma

Any club winning 10 league titles in a row should be an embarrassment for the sport in any country. For the game to be that uncompetative would be a disaster. 
I don't like having two clubs dominate our sport but at least its better than being dominated by one

Do you see a difference between the two ?

The fact that Clubs/Companies, Supporters and our Media are so obsessed by how many consecutive titles a club/Company wins is an embarrassment.

Why do Celtic fans sing the 10IAR song at European or domestic cup games. Weird behaviour.

19 hours ago, GordonS said:

I've always though there should be a pact among the normal clubs in the premier league that, whichever of them has the most points after 11 games, once everyone has faced each other once, the rest will lie down to them for the remainder of the season. That would give them 75 points, plus whatever they get in the first 11 games and what they get off the gruesome twosome.

You might think this is a stupid idea, but hear me out; imagine the heads-gone mania it would cause among the great unwashed.

Imagine a diddy team needed just a draw against  another  diddy  team a to win the league and played out a nil nil draw  where both teams didn't even try to go in each others half .  

20 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

Imagine a diddy team needed just a draw against  another  diddy  team a to win the league and played out a nil nil draw  where both teams didn't even try to go in each others half .  

Like West Germany v Austria?

I'm a Celtic fan but we're meant to have competition anyway. I'd honestly like to see a challenge from at least three other teams, what's 9 or 10 iar  if there isn't competition from more teams than the Rainjurs?

What's 55 (or 1) if the rest of the league doesn't really compete?

The league became a competition of finance decades ago, i'm 50 this year and winning  doesn't hold the same fascination as it did when I was 20.

13 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

I'm a Celtic fan but we're meant to have competition anyway. I'd honestly like to see a challenge from at least three other teams, what's 9 or 10 iar  if there isn't competition from more teams than the Rainjurs?

What's 55 (or 1) if the rest of the league doesn't really compete?

The league became a competition of finance decades ago, i'm 50 this year and winning  doesn't hold the same fascination as it did when I was 20.

This is why I'm sometimes glad I support a (sometimes) shitey wee team.

Following a team who wins or are expected to win all of their games would get a bit dull.

2 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

Providing Hearts weren't playing Hibs, I'd be delighted to see us do this to nudge someone else over the line.

Maybe not Aberdeen. I don't like them much either, but anybody else. It'd be an honour.

Imagine the seethe?