What is more unbearable?

Well?  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, MJC said:

That's simply not true. It is clear that a significant amount of non Celtic/Rangers fans DO indeed care who wins the title, the amount of posts/threads about them, particularly Rangers on this forum alone is testament to that. And that's why I hope Rangers win the league, because the fallout from it will be hilarious and there will be much weeping and mock outraging about x, y and z on here and similar forums.

Plus the fact that I fucking hate Celtic and it'll be great viewing to see the cameras pan round Parkhead on the last day of the season showing their crestfallen hoardes who have been so used to lording it over everyone for the last decade. They won't be able to handle losing the league to Rangers after all that has gone on since 2012 and having their precious ten in a row ripped away from them. Clyde SSB will be utterly epic should that come to pass as they all phone in to greet and whinge with auld Keevins.

Finally, it is absolute nonsense to suggest that "any supporter that has a preference between the two arse cheeks has a 'big team' and is an utter glory hunting disloyal failure of a football fan" indeed, I'd go so far as to say that that is schoolboy patter. Ironically enough, your next paragraph bemoans this thread for encouraging the idea that Scottish football is all about those two, but by your suggesting that anyone who has a preference or dislikes one more than the other "has a big team", you actually give credence to that mindset. There may be the odd few non Old Firm fans who do have a liking for one of them, but I'd imagine they are very few and far between. On the other hand, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the majority of non Old Firm fans DISLIKE one more than the other for whatever reason and I refuse to believe anyone who tries to tell me that they dislike/hate them both absolutely equally.

I must be in the minority then. I dislike them both equally and haven't watched an old firm game for about 20 years. 

21 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I must be in the minority then. I dislike them both equally and haven't watched an old firm game for about 20 years. 

You certainly will be in a minority, because the vast majority of Scottish football fans have at the very least an interest in the Old Firm and all the circus that surrounds it. I certainly do, without being a lover of either club, but the pantomime that the fixture brings is always worth watching especially if Celtic lose then the fallout is car crash material that you can't take your eyes off.

Like it or not, love them or hate them, but the Old Firm are a big, big part of Scottish football and Scottish culture and attract alot of interest from the majority of football fans and even some folk who normally aren't football fans take an interest in the fixture.

I’ve got more close friends that are ****, therefore I’d rather they didn’t stop the ten. They’re unbearable as it is about being top and Saints being bottom, can’t begin to imagine them if they actually won the league. 
Close friends who are **** you say. How does that feel? Never allowed that to happen to me.

5 minutes ago, MJC said:

You certainly will be in a minority, because the vast majority of Scottish football fans have at the very least an interest in the Old Firm and all the circus that surrounds it. I certainly do, without being a lover of either club, but the pantomime that the fixture brings is always worth watching especially if Celtic lose then the fallout is car crash material that you can't take your eyes off.

Like it or not, love them or hate them, but the Old Firm are a big, big part of Scottish football and Scottish culture and attract alot of interest from the majority of football fans and even some folk who normally aren't football fans take an interest in the fixture.

More's the pity.

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

I fail to get the appeal tbh. 2 clubs built on bigotry and hatred from a city I'm not from. Why would I be interested in that ? 

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

There is no choice I'd be comfortable with. The correct answer is that anyone but Rangers stopping Celtic getting 10IAR. 

I can but dream.

Livingston to splash the cash again, win the title and then declare liquidation and the sale of Amolndvale to Aldi for a bigger car park.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

That's simply not true. It is clear that a significant amount of non Celtic/Rangers fans DO indeed care who wins the title, the amount of posts/threads about them, particularly Rangers on this forum alone is testament to that. And that's why I hope Rangers win the league, because the fallout from it will be hilarious and there will be much weeping and mock outraging about x, y and z on here and similar forums.

Plus the fact that I fucking hate Celtic and it'll be great viewing to see the cameras pan round Parkhead on the last day of the season showing their crestfallen hoardes who have been so used to lording it over everyone for the last decade. They won't be able to handle losing the league to Rangers after all that has gone on since 2012 and having their precious ten in a row ripped away from them. Clyde SSB will be utterly epic should that come to pass as they all phone in to greet and whinge with auld Keevins.

Finally, it is absolute nonsense to suggest that "any supporter that has a preference between the two arse cheeks has a 'big team' and is an utter glory hunting disloyal failure of a football fan" indeed, I'd go so far as to say that that is schoolboy patter. Ironically enough, your next paragraph bemoans this thread for encouraging the idea that Scottish football is all about those two, but by your suggesting that anyone who has a preference or dislikes one more than the other "has a big team", you actually give credence to that mindset. There may be the odd few non Old Firm fans who do have a liking for one of them, but I'd imagine they are very few and far between. On the other hand, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the majority of non Old Firm fans DISLIKE one more than the other for whatever reason and I refuse to believe anyone who tries to tell me that they dislike/hate them both absolutely equally.

Wrong thread mate.

Surely the best option for anyone not a fan of either is that Celtic win it this year.

Then Rangers finish 1st next season, with Celtic in 3rd behind *any other team* by 1 goal difference (which seems possible with Lennon in charge). Then Rangers go bust, points penalty drops them down and Celtic lose 10 in a row despite all that by 1 goal.

No more Sevco, no more 10 in a row. Win-win?

Even as a Celtic fan I find that possibility rather funny...

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

Nah - most people thinkthey're both a shower of c***s and couldn't fit a fig paper between the pair of the in terms of dislike.  I mean, there are some days you might hate Rangers more than Celtic, or vice versa, because one team or other has done something particularly fucking horrible that day, but as a general thing sensible folk loathe them both equally.

This season, I would probably (just barely) rather Celtic won it.

Obviously if Motherwell/Aberdeen/Kilmarnock/Hibs (no laughing at the back) could get their finger out and stop 10IAR and prevent Rangers from winning 55, that would be the dream scenario.

What I would say is this. I don't want Rangers to win a league title again, ever.

However, if they're going to have to win one (and the likelihood is it'll happen again in my lifetime), then it might as well be one that causes an absolute heads gone meltdown from the Celtic contingent, leaving them stranded at 9IAR and short of the mythical ten they've been bigging up for years to keep their one-horse race interesting.

Edited by HibsFan

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

This season, I would probably (just barely) rather Celtic won it.

Obviously if Motherwell/Aberdeen/Kilmarnock/Hibs (no laughing at the back) could get their finger out and stop 10IAR and prevent Rangers from winning 55, that would be the dream scenario.

What I would say is this. I don't want Rangers to win a league title again, ever.

However, if they're going to have to win one (and the likelihood is it'll happen again in my lifetime), then it might as well be one that causes an absolute heads gone meltdown from the Celtic contingent, leaving them stranded at 9IAR and short of the mythical ten they've been bigging up for years to keep their one-horse race interesting.

They can't win 55, unless they win 55 from now.