Saints vs Fakes

4 hours ago, Radford said:

I share something in common with Ruud Gullit, St Mirren Park is where I witnessed the worst racism I've come across in Scottish football. The targeting and scalding of Jason Scotland with hot bovril in 2005 was deplorable. 

At the time I didn't consider it racially motivated until there was a thread started on Black and White Army asking why a black player that had never played against St Mirren before was booed from the first whistle and then violently targeted. 

Hopefully see no repeat tomorrow if Drey Wright is involved. 

The booing of Scotland came from a diving incident in a previous game - sure there was a segment of the crowd that responded with racial abuse but unfortunately we've all got those in our support.

I was also at the Feyenoord game where Gullitt scored the only goal amidst claims he'd fouled our defender - I don't think he did, he was just a strong, physical player but again there's no denying there was a segment of the crowd who abused him racially after this. I was surprised to hear him claim later that this was the worst racism he encountered in his career after all he played in Italy including Milan & for Chelsea - perhaps we were just a bit closer to him than he was used to at Love Street.

It was unacceptable in 1980 & in 2005 and if something happens tomorrow I would expect the vast majority of our support would say it was unacceptable but I hope you enjoy the view from the moral highground - there's normally only one route from there. :rolleyes:

Edited by btb

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Also, swap Drey and Spoony that's what I'd go with.

Either Drey or MOH for Spoony. Suspect Drey will start but that's only because he's done a pre-match on Saints TV and I suspect (with no evidence other than Tommy saying he played players that needed game time) that he played against Aberdeen reserves on Monday.

Only other discussion is if Holt plays or not. Difficult as it's hard to make the case for dropping either Ali or Muzz, and it seems unfair but I think it will be Holt and Davidson. I'm again reading between the lines from Tommy's video where he seemed to making a point that McCann had played more this year than he would have expected. On performance there's not a lot between them, I'd go with Holt to start.

Clark(e)

Tanser Kerr Duffy Ralston

Holt Davidson

Kennedy Swanson Wright

May

Would like to see Hendry on the bench and ideally brought on to rest May after he gets his hat-trick, one of those being a penalty.

The weather looks absolute pish tomorrow, which might be a factor and give us more goals than people are generally expecting. 

Of course this was absolutely not ok, and the majority of decent St Johnstone supporters would have been aghast at this. 

Considering you got banned from this forum for being a homophobic moron, I don’t think you’re the best person to be throwing stones. 

Given how much that episode has hurt you with this being the 5000th time you’ve brought it up, you must be holier than thou.

7 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Knowing StJohnstone and Tommy Wright, after winless streaks they go on winning streaks, add in our inability to score I fear this has got away win written all over it.

Positive for us is we have only conceded a wonder goal from a free kick against Rangers ( if that actually counts, if not we haven't lost a goal at home all season ;) ).

St Mirrens lack of goals, but strong defensive record, makes this a bit intriguing, as we're pretty much the exact opposite. 

I see your manager talking about "taking the game" to us, which seems smart due to how many goals we concede. Has your defence been solid due to the whole team defending or just because they're solid? Hope that makes sense.

Got to be a 0-0. Or a 0-1 with Stevie May scoring on 90+2 mins. If not a 0-0, then this game has got ‘kick in the stones’ written all over it, in large red ink.... after Obika / Morais / Paisley Panda, have had, and failed to take, four clear cut chances.

Fcuking booooo.

Edited by pozbaird

11 hours ago, Radford said:

I share something in common with Ruud Gullit, St Mirren Park is where I witnessed the worst racism I've come across in Scottish football. The targeting and scalding of Jason Scotland with hot bovril in 2005 was deplorable. 

At the time I didn't consider it racially motivated until there was a thread started on Black and White Army asking why a black player that had never played against St Mirren before was booed from the first whistle and then violently targeted. 

Hopefully see no repeat tomorrow if Drey Wright is involved. 

We're you not a moderator on here when that St Johnstone fan was spewing his racist bile over a match thread about the Celtic player Ki? If I remember correctly you slithered off and pretended not to see it because you didn't want to ban your pal.

56 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Tomorrow’s the day it all comes good. 0-4, May hattrick, Clark direct from a goal kick with the other.

Bookmark it.

Bookmark it? I've fucking bet on it.

27 minutes ago, GAD said:

We're you not a moderator on here when that St Johnstone fan was spewing his racist bile over a match thread about the Celtic player Ki? If I remember correctly you slithered off and pretended not to see it because you didn't want to ban your pal.

You know what to do Radford,  get rid of their thread too while you're at it, it'll be like the Dees all over again. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirrens lack of goals, but strong defensive record, makes this a bit intriguing, as we're pretty much the exact opposite. 

I see your manager talking about "taking the game" to us, which seems smart due to how many goals we concede. Has your defence been solid due to the whole team defending or just because they're solid? Hope that makes sense.

A greenie for a post from someone actually discussing the game :lol:

Regarding the question at the end, I'd say it's because our defence is solid. Although our lack of an outball when we are defending/ our pish finishing makes it feel like the whole team is defending at times :lol:

16 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Regarding the question at the end, I'd say it's because our defence is solid. Although our lack of an outball when we are defending/ our pish finishing makes it feel like the whole team is defending at times :lol:

Fair dues, as I say, we seem the complete opposite.

Maybe wrong but feel like if we score first, St Mirren might struggle to score two, while we seem capable of coming from behind if St Mirren score first. But then again we seem totally incapable of keeping clean sheets, and St Mirren seem more than capable to hold onto leads once they have them. One of those games where the first goal feels vital, but might not be.

I've no idea how this is going to go, if you cant tell by that fucking ramble. Horrible feeling we'll concede early then spend the whole game watching your keeper pull off ridiculous saves.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair dues, as I say, we seem the complete opposite.

Maybe wrong but feel like if we score first, St Mirren might struggle to score two, while we seem capable of coming from behind if St Mirren score first. But then again we seem totally incapable of keeping clean sheets, and St Mirren seem more than capable to hold onto leads once they have them. One of those games where the first goal feels vital, but might not be.

I've no idea how this is going to go, if you cant tell by that fucking ramble. Horrible feeling we'll concede early then spend the whole game watching your keeper pull off ridiculous saves.

Totally fair comments. Will be interesting to see how this game goes. Away from home against teams we should be competing against we seem to be starting off slow which ultimately costs us(going on what I've heard and seen on the highlights, only been to a few games this season).

If we were to take the lead against you it would be interesting to see what we would do. Would we go for a second or try and hold on to what we had. We seemed to get deeper and deeper v Aberdeen after we went ahead, although they've probably got better attacking options (although maybe not this season :lol:). Speaking of which, how is May looking this season? Would be good to see him back playing well(seen a lot of local games when he was at Alloa)

6 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Totally fair comments. Will be interesting to see how this game goes. Away from home against teams we should be competing against we seem to be starting off slow which ultimately costs us(going on what I've heard and seen on the highlights, only been to a few games this season).

If we were to take the lead against you it would be interesting to see what we would do. Would we go for a second or try and hold on to what we had. We seemed to get deeper and deeper v Aberdeen after we went ahead, although they've probably got better attacking options (although maybe not this season :lol:). Speaking of which, how is May looking this season? Would be good to see him back playing well(seen a lot of local games when he was at Alloa)

Ross County fans suggested we seemed unsure how to act when ahead last time out, and got caught between sitting in and attacking, eventually we conceded. I wasnt there so cant comment too much on how true that is though. We started well against them but then conceded anyway though 😂

Still too early to know about May, hes been isolated a lot. Swanson was closer to him against County and apparently was bringing the best out him, his run and finish for his goal that day was top quality (it might not be, but compared to what we have then it is), though.

Spoiler

3dpr2a.gif.8700cf9b607abf470090bd07540981f3.gif

We have a decent balance to the team, we are set up pretty rigid to sit in and strike teams on the counter.

Our goalkeeper is just incredible. Our full backs seem good enough defensively but don't offer half as much going forward. Centre halves have been great at home, gave away some crappy goals away from home though.

Flynn and Foley are good at what they do in the middle of the park. Do a lot of dirty work.

Andreu is a funny player. Seems capable of producing match winning moments. Our wingers are not chipping in with enough goals although Magennis seems to be our biggest goal threat and best outfield player.

Our strikers seem to have zero confidence all at the same time. It's hard for guys from lower leagues in England to come up here, I reckon most of them under estimate the league.

It's another really intriguing match. StJohnstone have been scoring goals, pulled off some decent come backs, looking at your attacking options it gives me the fear a wee bit. Can't see the Perth Saints finishing in the bottom 2 this season, even if we win today. Players have been there and done it in this league and the manager doesn't turn shit over a summer.

4 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We have a decent balance to the team, we are set up pretty rigid to sit in and strike teams on the counter.

Our goalkeeper is just incredible. Our full backs seem good enough defensively but don't offer half as much going forward. Centre halves have been great at home, gave away some crappy goals away from home though.

Flynn and Foley are good at what they do in the middle of the park. Do a lot of dirty work.

Andreu is a funny player. Seems capable of producing match winning moments. Our wingers are not chipping in with enough goals although Magennis seems to be our biggest goal threat and best outfield player.

Our strikers seem to have zero confidence all at the same time. It's hard for guys from lower leagues in England to come up here, I reckon most of them under estimate the league.

It's another really intriguing match. StJohnstone have been scoring goals, pulled off some decent come backs, looking at your attacking options it gives me the fear a wee bit. Can't see the Perth Saints finishing in the bottom 2 this season, even if we win today. Players have been there and done it in this league and the manager doesn't turn shit over a summer.

I'm not confident are any Saints fans ?  Goodwin really needs bring S McGinn back into the team.