Saints vs Fakes

Thought Swanson looked overweight and May looked a shadow of the player he was.

Saintees looked like it was only a matter of time till they scored though vbut after we went 1 up the just collapsed.

Easy to see why we are both at that end of the table tbh, 2 poor sides separated by 2 brilliant finishes.

I remember people saying that Stevie May was the great white hope for the Scotland team.

My word, what regression. Wouldn’t have him at St Mirren if you paid us.

What a washed up dud he is.

First half hour, two rubbish teams. Absolute horror show all round. Mistakes everywhere.

Once we scored the game changed - we gained confidence and St Johnstone fell apart.

Tonight my view of St Mirren isn't all rose-tinted spectacles - I can see we are still a poor side and a 'work-in-progress', yet our "goals against" is remarkable after 9 games so we appear to be doing something right !

But St Johnstone shocked me today. Zero confidence and a complete arse-collapse of a second half. Trailing 0-1 (and latterly 0-2) they had chucked it. The game was still there to be salvaged (or perhaps won) but they showed NO URGENCY, they showed NO COMMITMENT, in fact they showed FEAR !!

As much as today's outcome has delighted me, I can genuinely feel for those 499 St Johnstone fans who witnessed such a gutless display from their players today. Apologies for stating the bleeding obvious, but clearly something major has happened to your team spirit. Tommy Wright's post-match interview on Radio Scotland was almost a suicide note. I'm not sure your current situation is retrievable - from a St Mirren perspective I would love this to continue (sorry guys).

Strange days indeed.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

First half hour, two rubbish teams. Absolute horror show all round. Mistakes everywhere.

Once we scored the game changed - we gained confidence and St Johnstone fell apart.

Tonight my view of St Mirren isn't all rose-tinted spectacles - I can see we are still a poor side and a 'work-in-progress', yet our "goals against" is remarkable after 9 games so we appear to be doing something right !

But St Johnstone shocked me today. Zero confidence and a complete arse-collapse of a second half. Trailing 0-1 (and latterly 0-2) they had chucked it. The game was still there to be salvaged (or perhaps won) but they showed NO URGENCY, they showed NO COMMITMENT, in fact they showed FEAR !!

As much as today's outcome has delighted me, I can genuinely feel for those 499 St Johnstone fans who witnessed such a gutless display from their players today. Apologies for stating the bleeding obvious, but clearly something major has happened to your team spirit. Tommy Wright's post-match interview on Radio Scotland was almost a suicide note. I'm not sure your current situation is retrievable - from a St Mirren perspective I would love this to continue (sorry guys).

Strange days indeed.

Indeed.

A better team, like Livingston or Motherwell, did actually take advantage of our horrendous first half display when we played them.

We then went on to have better second half performances against both, but we didn't do enough to avoid defeat.

Today, St.J were so poor that they couldn't take advantage of our abject shiteness for the first 30 minutes. We took confidence from that, and when we scored, we never really looked back.

I'm certainly not getting carried away, unlike one lesser spotted poster, as despite today's result, our shortcomings against better teams than bottom of the league, are there for all to see.

43 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Easy to see why we are both at that end of the table tbh, 2 poor sides separated by 2 brilliant finishes.

This will come across as more bitter than I intend, but neither of your goals were "brilliant finishes". 

One was obviously an overhead kick, but the player was six yards out and had nobody close to him. The second looked like a free hit from 12 yards, again with nobody near to him.

31 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm not sure your current situation is retrievable

It's not, by the looks of things. You're the closest team to us so far this season in the league, and you strolled to a 2-0 victory in a game we had to play well in, we somehow need to win about 10 of your next 29 games. We're going down with a whimper this season.

Edited by RandomGuy.

40 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Tommy Wright's post-match interview on Radio Scotland was almost a suicide note. I'm not sure your current situation is retrievable - from a St Mirren perspective I would love this to continue (sorry guys).

Indeed. Since the turn of the year something has happened

Somethong feels different in Tommy it's almost the three stages of grief

We have had angry Tommy culminating in spending half of half time in the dugout

There was a bit of hopeful Tommy after hibs

Now it's just resigned Tommy 

He has been amazing but I think his time is up...I'm not even sure given time he can rebuild this 

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

EHQKiU7WkAAnHMV.thumb.jpeg.bf09d35346b3506f343a83c308f28016.jpeg

Just look at that. Our two centre backs miles away from an opposing centre forward as he overhead kicks the ball in from 6 yards. 

St Mirren showing us what we all know, that a defence that can keep clean sheets always gives you a chance of winning. Shame Tommy Wright ignored that in the Summer, and despite him now making noises along them lines, it's too fucking late.

4 hours ago, RossC93 said:

‘Mon then.

10D7464A-C8BD-4566-8486-901DAFD7E629.jpeg

Christ. I have a feeling I'm this 'alias' as he's often accused me of making up an account who pretends to be a boxer or something to fight with him. :lol:I've told him it's not me and never has been but he's not for wearing that. 

8 minutes ago, Widge said:

Tbf to the centre half’s, it was Tanser who was marking Obika at the free kick. Don’t ask me why, but he was.

I'd forgotten about him running away from the ball.

We were fucking rotten the first half hour. I said to my mate that we needed the monkey off our back with a goal to get confidence going in the final third and not a flukey one either. 

With that first goal, we seemed to turn from a side who were absolutely bereft of ideas in the final third, panicking and rushing everything, to a more composed and incisive side in the last 55 or 60 minutes. Obika encapsulated this perfectly, he went from struggling to hold anything up in the first half hour and then after his goal became Billy Mehmet's lovechild in making things stick to him.

Did we become a free flowing attacking unit? Nah of course not. Not by a long shot but we produced  far, FAR more in a genuine attacking threat than we've shown all season, even against even the likes of Edinburgh City and Albion Rovers. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This will come across as more bitter than I intend, but neither of your goals were "brilliant finishes". 

One was obviously an overhead kick, but the player was six yards out and had nobody close to him. The second looked like a free hit from 12 yards, again with nobody near to him.

It's not, by the looks of things. You're the closest team to us so far this season in the league, and you strolled to a 2-0 victory in a game we had to play well in, we somehow need to win about 10 of your next 29 games. We're going down with a whimper this season.

Both of our goals were 100% brilliant finishes. It matters not one iota if St Johnstone defenders stood and watched with their fingers up their arse, or if they did everything that a defender could reasonably do to thwart the attacking player - the finishes from Obika and Mullen were both brilliant.

Now, St Mirren as a team are far from brilliant, and we have had our struggles this season, but they were two fcuking magnificent goals.

I know you aren’t intending to be bitter. It’s a bit like us having to admit that Sevco’s free kick that beat us 1-0 at home was a brilliant finish. It was. Tough to take, but it was. Sorry mate, you’ve got this one wrong. 

Edited by pozbaird

Hope you got parked OK bud and good to see a good turnout from your guys who stayed to the very end despite the result. On the odd occasion we win at home the away support are usually offski sharpish.

Awaiting the professionally offended roaster Ali91 thoughts [emoji3]

5 hours ago, RossC93 said:

‘Mon then.

10D7464A-C8BD-4566-8486-901DAFD7E629.jpeg

I'm confused. Is he looking for a fight or sex? And whatever he's looking for, do they need to come dressed as a mouse?

I guess they need to think up their own entertainment across the water.

I'm confused. Is he looking for a fight or sex? And whatever he's looking for, do they need to come dressed as a mouse?
I guess they need to think up their own entertainment across the water.
That is seriously weird! Accused me of all sorts as I live in England according to him despite the small fact I'm from Ayr for last 12 years.