Saints vs Fakes

On 08/10/2019 at 12:58, tree house tam said:

f**k you and f**k St Mirren 

On 15/10/2019 at 07:06, RandomGuy. said:

We dont even concede that many goals against non-OF sides really. 

2 in matches against Livi, Hibs and County, then 1 against Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Motherwell. 

St Mirren have conceded 2 against Motherwell, County and Livingston, and 1 against Aberdeen and Hibs.

Seems to be this myth growing they're a solid defensive side while we ship goals for fun. 

On 15/10/2019 at 11:30, RandomGuy. said:

This is why I shouldn't post until match days.

8 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Another stupid goal against. What the f**k do the defence and goalkeeper do all week at training? They really are abysmal under any pressure,  sometimes not even that's needed.

Image result for THUNDERbirds laugh gif

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Both of our goals were 100% brilliant finishes. It matters not one iota if St Johnstone defenders stood and watched with their fingers up their arse, or if they did everything that a defender could reasonably do to thwart the attacking player - the finishes from Obika and Mullen were both brilliant.

Now, St Mirren as a team are far from brilliant, and we have had our struggles this season, but they were two fcuking magnificent goals.

I know you aren’t intending to be bitter. It’s a bit like us having to admit that Sevco’s free kick that beat us 1-0 at home was a brilliant finish. It was. Tough to take, but it was. Sorry mate, you’ve got this one wrong. 

It's probably because I'm looking at things from a St Johnstone perspective, and all I can see is two players being allowed space and time in the box to pick their finishes.

9 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Hope you got parked OK bud and good to see a good turnout from your guys who stayed to the very end despite the result. On the odd occasion we win at home the away support are usually offski sharpish.

Our support will plummet now (awaits hilarious jokes) as before today we still had hope due to playing alright and just being unable to squeeze a win out. That yesterday was by far the worst we've played, and in the most important match.

The attendance next week at home to Hamilton will be hilariously small.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I thought a travelling support of just under 400 was very decent yesterday in all honesty. It was certainly more than I expected.

It was 499, which annoys my OCD. 

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was 499, which annoys my OCD. 

Buy two tickets next time then. ;)

I thought it was 399, must have misheard. 

500 at an away game in Paisley is a good turn out. 

Edited by djchapsticks

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Buy two tickets next time then. ;)

I thought it was 399, must have misheard. 

500 at an away game in Paisley is a good turn out. 

Personally, I blame @tree house tam

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our support will plummet now (awaits hilarious jokes) as before today we still had hope due to playing alright and just being unable to squeeze a win out. That yesterday was by far the worst we've played, and in the most important match.

The attendance next week at home to Hamilton will be hilariously small.

Do you think so?

I tend to think whilst our crowds are pretty shite generally, for the most part we have quite a loyal support.  The difference between when we're doing well and up in 4th, or down near the bottom, never seems that great to me.

Could be wrong, watch as one man and his dog turn up next week!

I don't actually think Hladky had a single save to make the entire match yesterday, which is impressive.

I know St. Johnstone created plenty in the first 30 mins but it didn't actually convert that pressure and good play in our third to shots on goal, more along the lines of not pulling the trigger or no one on back of a dangerous ball.

The one standout chance was around 20 mins where the ball fell to a Saintees player just in front of the penalty spot....he should have hit it first time as he had the entire goal to aim at and instead took a touch. This allowed Paul McGinn (I think) to just cover enough of the goal that the guy had only one place he could put it and dragged it wide. It was a quite awful miss at full speed.

Yesterday can be summed up in one word - confidence. Was a total stark contrast. For St. Johnstone, the heads going so far down at conceding a goal that they went from in total control to absolutely feeble and the opposite effect on St. Mirren of getting a much needed, long overdue goal given they are a side who are doing a lot right apart from finding the net. The panicky touches in the final third were dramatically reduced yesterday after the goal and the players started to look like they had a wee bit of belief. Before the goal there was barely three strung together passes in St. Johnstone's third.

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Do you think so?

I tend to think whilst our crowds are pretty shite generally, for the most part we have quite a loyal support.  The difference between when we're doing well and up in 4th, or down near the bottom, never seems that great to me.

Could be wrong, watch as one man and his dog turn up next week!

Hamilton in late October is always going to be a hard sell. For gates to 'plummet' would imply that they would be falling from a great height. My expectation is they'll be the same. And of course the game after that is a midweek so they're always a bit lighter ... but then again it's looking like it could well be another bottom of the table clash so that might help the numbers. 

A relegation battle might be good for crowds. Even for an away game I sensed more passion yesterday than normal, admittedly most of it negative but still. 

And if we go down I don't think we'd seem too much in the way of a drop in support at home, and maybe the novelty of some of the Championship grounds would bring some folk back for away games. 

Anyway that's as much turd-polishing as I can manage WRT the current situation. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Personally, I blame @tree house tam

f**k you

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

He also failed to pick up Obika for the first goal.

f**k you also

2 hours ago, Biscuits said:

Or turn up for a square go with dz

f**k you three times. 

The thought of his arran sweater rubbing against me is giving me the fear. Well, It's either that or this stinking hangover.

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The thought of his arran sweater rubbing against me is giving me the fear. Well, It's either that or this stinking hangover.

THT vs DZ

The Great British Jaik-Off.

Edited by djchapsticks

Good to get the 3 points yesterday, felt we had perhaps deserved a bit more of a points return than we have had over the season. Weren't great for the first 20 minutes where we seemed to play a bizarre narrow formation with Mullen and Andreu wide up top behind Obika. This left the full backs exposed, but once we pulled back to a conventional 4-4-2 then it seemed to quell St Johnstone and we scored soon after. 

Still don't think we're any great shakes although that's probably the right line up yesterday with Mullen and Obika. Defensively we're decent at home, with only Rangers scoring against us in 5 games so we'll always have a chance of taking wins/points at home. A big improvement from last year where you felt we needed a goal in every game to get anything from it. Broadfoot has been an excellent addition. Away we have had no points at all and we need that to change pronto with no home game for weeks! 

Quite surprised by the lack of fight in that St Johnstone team yesterday. I know they are struggling but it was probably one of the more comfortable 2-0 victories I've seen us have - at no time in the second half did you think St Johnstone were going to nick a goal and make a comeback. Murray Davidson's sole move seemed to be throw himself to the deck at every occasion, May looked anonymous and Obika bullied the central defence second half. Only Kennedy looked up for the fight but a bit too much however. Zander Clark managed to clear the ball long over everyone to Hladky or for goal kicks several times and Wright tore a strip off him at one point for it. 

I wouldn't say things are terminal for St Johnstone yet as you don't look as bad as sides that have been detached and doomed in the past. It looks a bit like we did last year under Kearney at points where you think you are playing well but lose soft goals and the heads go down. A good CB and an addition in midfield would help a lot. Not sure changing the manager would help, for every good change like ours for Ross, there is a terrible change like Dundee last year. 

In all honesty though, it's such a good finish Zander Clark is already diving the way Mullen *should* hit it. Last thing he expects is for it to go straight back the way it came in. Some finish and to fire it right in the top corner at that pace is brilliant.

He's not prolific, Danny, but when he does score, it's normally a cracker.