Saints vs Fakes

What are you on about? 

Kennedy took a dive in the first half yet he wasn’t mentioned along with Mullen.
Very good result today & fairly routine victory. Can’t remember Hladky having to do anything past about 30 mins and before that there was nothing particularly troublesome.
That second goal was a great team goal, ball didn’t leave the deck until Mullen put it in top corner. We dragged St Johnstone players all over the place for it. Obika was a different player second half, he won everything against Duffy. I think he’s going to be a complete enigma as he’s more than capable just only shows it in patches. At Livingston everything bounced off him today, second half, the ball stuck to him. Tough run of away games now to try scrape a couple of points out of.

I've seen some gutless shite on that pitch over the years, mostly from St Mirren, but that second half from the Saintees was right up there with the worst. 4 or 5-0 wouldn't have flattered us in the end. 

On 15/10/2019 at 07:35, RandomGuy. said:

*sigh* yes, but over 50% of those goals were against the best two clubs in the country. In the other 6 games we've been fine and just unable to win (looking at missed penalties).

This is a non-OF table. 

Screenshot_20191015-073245_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8733818e567c93b76cba25cdf798026b.jpg

... folk seem to be acting like we're some awful side who ship goals and are Dundee-esque. Compared to St Mirren we've lost less, conceded one more goal and scored more, all after playing a game less.

We've got three of the four teams above us in our next three games. If we're still bottom of this table, and do end up with the worst GD, after those three games, then I'll change my opinion.

Another good non-OF result to add to your wee table today.

We were awful until we scored. We were far better in the second half and Mullen was unlucky not to score before he did. All that was needed was Broadfoot standing on top of the ball to round things off nicely.

We did well in the second half. That was a strange game though, we could have easily been 2-0 down after 20 minutes but then we should have won by more in the end.

Broadfoot was outstanding, he played a big part in both goals and cruised through the game. It was good to see both full backs getting further up the pitch, it definitely made a big difference.

Foley and Magennis have been two of our better players but oddly I didn’t think either played well today. Foley needs to stop squaring it every time he’s in the box! S McGinn looked understandably rusty in the first half but definitely grew into the game. Andreu was excellent second half, he really took on the Flynn role of chasing everything down and keeping the play moving.

I’m very pleased for Obika and Mullen. I don’t agree that Obika was better second half though. Morias looked lively when he came on, albeit against a team that had basically chucked it.

I’m stunned by how gutless St Johnstone were in the second half. I can’t remember ever seeing a Tommy Wright team half as bad as that. Stevie May is finished and Zander Clark is shite.

6 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Heads gone award of the day must go to St Johnstone's number 33 (Kennedy). Toys well and truly thrown.  

To be fair to him, he was the one Saintees player who looked like he gave a f**k and didn't spend the whole second half hiding. No wonder he was frustrated.

35 minutes ago, GAD said:

To be fair to him, he was the one Saintees player who looked like he gave a f**k and didn't spend the whole second half hiding. No wonder he was frustrated.

This. Kennedy the only one, until O'Halloran came on, who seemed to believe we could do anything. Wright, Swanson and May completely gave up in the second half.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Some decent footballers at the club but the moment, we aren't a good team.

Aye. TW, again, claiming this is the "best squad we've had" in his time with us. He still seems completely blind to how awful we are in the defensive third. Teams create chances at will be simply knocking balls down the middle of the park, and when they get bored of that all they need is a cut back to a midfielder as, yet again (St Mirrens second was identical to Livingstons first against us, also see Countys first last week) that our midfielders are more interesting in ball watching than marking their men.

For folk who seem to still be claiming we'll be fine because Tommy Wright teams are always able to come back from poor runs etc., this isnt a Tommy Wright team. It's full of weak minds and weak bodies. The defence looks like a bunch of young laddies learning the game, because that's what they are. You've then got Holt and Davidson who aren't doing any of the hard graft thats needed to protect them.

I dont even see how we solve this? We can't sit deeper and try and protect the defence as we dont have a striker capable of playing as an isolated lone striker.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Lot of setbacks in matches for Saints this season and in situations like today where the team had been playing well. First time really that they've completely wilted though. Atrocious second half.

Some decent footballers at the club but the moment, we aren't a good team.

Worst St Johnstone team I have seen in a long time. Hamilton look worse but defend better. Going to be a tough season for you going by today. Not that St Mirren will light the heather on fire . 

6 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Worst St Johnstone team I have seen in a long time. Hamilton look worse but defend better. Going to be a tough season for you going by today. Not that St Mirren will light the heather on fire . 

Disagree.