Saints vs Fakes

I share something in common with Ruud Gullit, St Mirren Park is where I witnessed the worst racism I've come across in Scottish football. The targeting and scalding of Jason Scotland with hot bovril in 2005 was deplorable. 

At the time I didn't consider it racially motivated until there was a thread started on Black and White Army asking why a black player that had never played against St Mirren before was booed from the first whistle and then violently targeted. 

Hopefully see no repeat tomorrow if Drey Wright is involved. 

I hope Tommy keeps the same team and formation. It worked and the team played well. They could and should have won. We need consistancy at this time and constantly changeing the players and formation does not help. 

lineup.png.e8f40b1269cf0e7ce22815d6420e6177.png

1 hour ago, Templar said:

I hope Tommy keeps the same team and formation. It worked and the team played well. They could and should have won. We need consistancy at this time and constantly changeing the players and formation does not help. 

lineup.png.e8f40b1269cf0e7ce22815d6420e6177.png

Danny has an Icelandic cousin?

Also, swap Drey and Spoony that's what I'd go with.

Edited by tree house tam

Knowing StJohnstone and Tommy Wright, after winless streaks they go on winning streaks, add in our inability to score I fear this has got away win written all over it.

Positive for us is we have only conceded a wonder goal from a free kick against Rangers ( if that actually counts, if not we haven't lost a goal at home all season ;) ).

With it being nearly a full 10 months since the Perth Saints have won a league game away from home, sooner or later they must be due a win. I cant see it being this game though- a draw for me looks the most likely outcome. 

2 hours ago, Radford said:

I share something in common with Ruud Gullit, St Mirren Park is where I witnessed the worst racism I've come across in Scottish football. The targeting and scalding of Jason Scotland with hot bovril in 2005 was deplorable. 

At the time I didn't consider it racially motivated until there was a thread started on Black and White Army asking why a black player that had never played against St Mirren before was booed from the first whistle and then violently targeted. 

ST JOHNSTONE are investigating claims that Celtic players were subjected to "racist noises" during the Clydesdale Bank Premier League match at McDiarmid Park on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

ST JOHNSTONE are investigating claims that Celtic players were subjected to "racist noises" during the Clydesdale Bank Premier League match at McDiarmid Park on Saturday.

Hopefully we'll see no repeat of that tomorrow. 

It was a Coke cup so no scalding involved. Agreed, it was unacceptable but at least be factual in your criticism.

17 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Only a vague recollection of this and could just be blindly defending the club, but was it not just booing a player because he was an arsehole, who also happened to be black?