Saints vs Fakes

Assume Kennedy wont be back from Prague and training until Wednesday? Not sure how much impact that would have on his possible selection. 

Think the goalkeeper, back five, McCann, Davidson, Swanson and May are all certain starters. Up to TW if he plays Wotherspoon and Kennedy like against County, or of any if Holt, MOH or Wright come in. Sneaky feeling we'll see Wotherspoon dropped for Holt and Swanson moved to the left.

We dont even concede that many goals against non-OF sides really. 

2 in matches against Livi, Hibs and County, then 1 against Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Motherwell. 

St Mirren have conceded 2 against Motherwell, County and Livingston, and 1 against Aberdeen and Hibs.

Seems to be this myth growing they're a solid defensive side while we ship goals for fun. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We dont even concede that many goals against non-OF sides really. 

2 in matches against Livi, Hibs and County, then 1 against Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Motherwell. 

St Mirren have conceded 2 against Motherwell, County and Livingston, and 1 against Aberdeen and Hibs.

Seems to be this myth growing they're a solid defensive side while we ship goals for fun. 

Talking mince again.  Taking your OF results away , you've still conceded more than we have. And why would you take the OF results away ? - they are in our league whether we like it or not. We lost 1-0 to Rangers, I noticed you didn't mention this.

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Talking mince again.  Taking your OF results away , you've still conceded more than we have. And why would you take the OF results away ? - they are in our league whether we like it or not. We lost 1-0 to Rangers, I noticed you didn't mention this.

Because theyre in a different world, and for some reason we've been getting humped off them over the past few years yet still doing well against others. Youve still to play Celtic anyway.

For instance one of them has Edouard, and the other has Morelos. You've got Danny Mullen. So forgive me if I dont find results against them as relevant. 

As for your first point, we've conceded one more goal, while scoring more.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because theyre in a different world, and for some reason we've been getting humped off them over the past few years yet still doing well against others. Youve still to play Celtic anyway.

For instance one of them has Edouard, and the other has Morelos. You've got Danny Mullen. So forgive me if I dont find results against them as relevant. 

You've conceded 20 goals in 8 games- anything else is pretty much irrelevant. This is why you're currently bottom. 

4 minutes ago, Munoz said:

You've conceded 20 goals in 8 games- anything else is pretty much irrelevant. This is why you're currently bottom. 

*sigh* yes, but over 50% of those goals were against the best two clubs in the country. In the other 6 games we've been fine and just unable to win (looking at missed penalties).

This is a non-OF table. 

Screenshot_20191015-073245_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8733818e567c93b76cba25cdf798026b.jpg

... folk seem to be acting like we're some awful side who ship goals and are Dundee-esque. Compared to St Mirren we've lost less, conceded one more goal and scored more, all after playing a game less.

We've got three of the four teams above us in our next three games. If we're still bottom of this table, and do end up with the worst GD, after those three games, then I'll change my opinion.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Everyone's above you, mate.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Lies

This is why I shouldn't post until match days.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is why I shouldn't post until match days.

It's all true though your sitting bottom so everyone is above you. Lies - St Mirren beat Aberdeen. Personally dont think St Johnstone are as bad as your league position suggests. Yes both clubs have problems you in defence us up front. Saturday will be a nervous affair for both clubs. Fingers crossed Saints 1877 fans get the bragging rights. 

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sneaky feeling we'll see Wotherspoon dropped for Holt and Swanson moved to the left.

I would not move Swanson. He and May looked good linking up in the middle of the park.

I would also like the same 4:2:3:1 formation, It worked well why change it. If Holt comes in it will be for McCann or Davidson. As Davidson has played every minute of the league games so far, I believe it will be McCann. If Tommy is rotating his wide players, I can see Wright replacing Wotherspoon.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This defeatist attitude when it comes to the Old Firm does my head in.

As for the game, how do the Perth farmers normally do at Celtic Park?

Has anyone actually met a farmer from Perth? I've met a lot of folk from Perth but have yet to meet one farmer, I might just be lucky though.

Edit: I'm lying, my mate used to use his spare room for growing a crop. Wouldn't thank you for that shite though, wrong type of hit for me.

Edited by tree house tam

I've literally never said anything about it being a "free hit" I'm just putting context into this "St JoHnStONe HaVE ConCEdEd 20 gOAls AlrEAdy ThIs SeAsoN sO We ShuD ScORe MoRE ThAN tHeM" shite that's floating about.

11 of those goals were against teams we get thumped by regularly. 

I've literally never said anything about it being a "free hit" I'm just putting context into this "St JoHnStONe HaVE ConCEdEd 20 gOAls AlrEAdy ThIs SeAsoN sO We ShuD ScORe MoRE ThAN tHeM" shite that's floating about.
11 of those goals were against teams we get thumped by regularly. 
Throw the shovel away.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Has anyone actually met a farmer from Perth? 

Its probably similar for me in Ayrshire to be fair.  I've seen plenty of farms/farmers but I don't think I've actually spoken to one.