Saints vs Fakes

Two weeks for us to wallow in self pity / prepare for a six pointer against one of the teams looking to be our rivals for the relegation / play off spots.

It's pretty clear where our problems lie and it's up to JG to find a solution that works or else..... 

As is often the case in these situations Cody Cooke is looking better every week! 

If we keep the away performances at the standard of the last three, then the wins will come. Really cruel to only have 3 points from 3 very good performances but it's the way things seem to fall for us at the moment. 

The positive yesterday was that the manager made the changes and the performance level didn't dip, so hopefully the selection isn't as vital as it might have been. Will also make it harder for Jim Goodwin to second guess our team. 

I don't think we're at the stage yet where another point (and good performance) on the road wouldn't be acceptable. The big fixture for us is Accies at home the following week, anything but a win there would be a disaster. 

Cant decide if I feel this is must win, or must not lose. Or if it's even any.

I think it's a must win. We cant go 9 games without winning this early and hope to be anything more than fighting the drop, and eventually our good performances will dip so we've got to be winning games while we're in that run. If we lose then County, Hamilton and St Mirren will all be more than 3 points ahead, which makes us adrift. Clubs generally dont survive being adrift by Christmas, so we need to get ourselves "in the pack" sooner rather than later.

Just seen the highlights and St Mirren seemed incredibly easy to counter on, so would be tempted to put MOH in the team. Who do you drop though? 

Feel like Swanson beside May brought the best out of both, so that would be a partnership worth pursuing.

I'm on board the Swanson behind May hype train. Not much physicality in that combination (especially if Kennedy is playing wide) but there's definitely potential with in that partnership. Swanson is a class player who needs a run of games to get 100% sharp - he's not had that since returning to us really and surely his performance in Dingwall earns him the right to carry on in the team.

Only change I'd make here would be MOH or Wright for Wotherspoon. I'd suggest Holt for Davidson too but there's basically zero physicality in our team as it is and removing our sturdiest midfielder for a ball playing midget seems a bit irresponsible.

Judging by comments from the Saints fans in Dingwall, Duffy probably retains the centre half spot, unless Ralston is out in which case Vihmann replaces him and Duffy moving to right back is our only real option.

Edited by Kyle

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Only change I'd make here would be MOH or Wright for Wotherspoon. I'd suggest Holt for Davidson too but there's basically zero physicality in our team as it is and removing our sturdiest midfielder for a ball playing midget seems a bit irresponsible.

Aye, it feels distinctly Scottish to talk about it, but without Davidson theres no height at all in our attack. 

I wasnt there yesterday so cant comment, but I'm still convinced we're a better team with Wotherspoon in the line up, for whatever reason that is. So I'd be a bit loathe to be dropping him out after a good team performance. 

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'm on board the Swanson behind May hype train. Not much physicality in that combination (especially if Kennedy is playing wide) but there's definitely potential with in that partnership. Swanson is a class player who needs a run of games to get 100% sharp - he's not had that since returning to us really and surely his performance in Dingwall earns him the right to carry on in the team.

Judging by comments from the Saints fans in Dingwall, Duffy probably retains the centre half spot, unless Ralston is out in which case Vihmann replaces him and Duffy moving to right back is our only real option.

Think this is the way most rational Saints fans will think.

Apart from a few moments Duffy did ok, wouldn't put him in there against a decent side but with this run against the pisher sides, aye he'll do fine.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, it feels distinctly Scottish to talk about it, but without Davidson theres no height at all in our attack. 

I wasnt there yesterday so cant comment, but I'm still convinced we're a better team with Wotherspoon in the line up, for whatever reason that is. So I'd be a bit loathe to be dropping him out after a good team performance. 

Spoony gave the ball away far too often on Saturday, he's too slow as well. He was one of the weaker links imo

Yes for Swanson starting. We have to create an environment where players know if they perform they keep their place, and if they don’t deliver they will drop out.

I feel the Davidson height thing is more an issue when defending set pieces, where we possibly haven’t been that great this season anyway, rather than in attack, as we have other ways of breaking teams down.

54 minutes ago, Widge said:

2 weeks of this...FFS!

Wait until Demented Zebra gets involved, then fans from both sides will give up on the thread.