Dees v Harry Wraggs

With Dundee unbeaten at Dens in the league and Partick  languishing at the bottom you would expect a home win but with a fortnight to work with his new squad I'd not be surprised if McColl makes this a very close run thing. Was surprised to see Thistle lose yeterday after a great result in Inverness but this league is the champion of inconsistency.

Not a great performance from us yesterday but encouraging signs throughout that we're starting to get the ball forward quicker at times and getting crosses into the box. Dorrans pick of the bunch, early days but feel he is going to be a major player for us this season. 

Edited by ScottyDee1893
Spelling error

I'd personally say that yesterday was a very good and professional performance by our lads, who at this point know how to do the job at home. Considering every single point Partick has was gained on the road, I feel like this will be quite the challenge. Enjoying the prospect leaving McCall on his erse at Dens twice in 1 quarter of the season though, I must say.

If we play with the confidence and talent we showed in the 2nd half against Arbroath (and hopefully get the strikers to hit the net) then it'll be an easy home win. If we are unready and unable to handle a desperate Partick side, we could easily see our first home loss of the league season. Currently I'm feeling pretty good, so here's hoping we get a winning streak going, but Partick are needing another big win and they have the assets to do it.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kenny Miller to score is an absolute nap.

I was waiting for one of Doris or Linn to score yesterday, so maybe we have finally got that particular monkey off our backs...

Would like to think that we will continue yesterday's more promising form, but 40-odd years of experience warn me not to be too optimistic.

I thought McGowan and Dorrans worked well together yesterday, so those two and Robertson in midfield, please.

Just now, Spikethedee said:

I was waiting for one of Doris or Linn to score yesterday, so maybe we have finally got that particular monkey off our backs...

Would like to think that we will continue yesterday's more promising form, but 40-odd years of experience warn me not to be too optimistic.

I thought McGowan and Dorrans worked well together yesterday, so those two and Robertson in midfield, please.

Ness will be back by then. Ness working with McGowan and Dorrans is a very tasty midfield.

Dorrans could end up running the show against us if he's able to play - Bannigan isn't in great form and I'm still not sure if Shea Gordon exists or not.

Hopefully the win over Inverness wasn't just a fluke and we're able to perform away from home (sports psychology n' shit) 

Certainly seems like we're very iffy defending at set pieces so if you've got someone that can hit a decent corner and free kick in (to be honest even a half decent corner and free kick would be enough) we'll be in trouble. On the face of it I'd far rather have Hemmings/McDaid/Nelson to choose from rather than our front options too.

I'd be happy enough with a point and a clean sheet if possible to set us up going into the Arbroath game.

Completely unacceptable that this has slipped off the first page of the forum topics, so a quick update:

McCall is a fat, shoe-shitting-in DAB, who has never won a derby as a manger. Kenny Miller has a crap taste in jackets whilst punditing on the telly and all their other players are absolute numpties; with the honourable exception of Gary Harkins.

Dees to win 8-0, with everyone on the park looking to impress Jack Ross, who is watching from the stands as an invited guest of the Board...

I see the Dees are forgetting that Sir Ian McCall knocked them back while at Firhill in his previous spell in charge. 

Anyway, having progressed in European competition the Jags will be hungry to repeat that form against mid-table domestic competition.

It'll be tough against the badly behaved Dees who can't even keep their head coach out of the pub.

However class will out with Scotland International Scott Fox keeping another clean sheet, a midfield brimming with International players controlling the game and the chances being finished off by the footballing royalty that is King Kenny Miller.

Looks like a routine away win for Ian's good guys versus McPake's mean machine like deelinquents.

Thank you.

McPake has a squad good enough to win the league - anything but a win here is poor.

Of course, events might dictate that a point isn't horrific in the end, but with the right team on the pitch and no unforeseeable situations then we should be looking to win this before a tough game at Ayr. 

My team would be:

Hamilton

McGhee Forster Meekings Marshall

Robertson Dorrans

Todd  McDaid McPake

Hemmings 

That to me looks like a team guaranteed to make chances, with the three behind Hemmings and Dorrans pulling strings.

I'd guess he'll keep the same team however and I wouldn't be confident of a win especially if McGowan starts behind the striker. Mackie showed no more than Todd has previously either. Let's see what happens.

Get this international weekend to f**k.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Need to put these luvvy b*****ds where they belong.

Appreciate the sentiment, but even if you deliberately lost, we’d still need a lot of other help to get back to the top flight this season unfortunately.