Four Hat-tricks in One Game

HibeeJibee

I have almost exhaustively compiled a list of hat-tricks in the Scottish League and major Scottish cup competitions, and the only two occasions of this I've found both occurred on the same famous day (12/09/1885), when Arbroath beat Bon Accord 36-0 and Dundee Harp beat Aberdeen Rovers 35-0 in the Scottish Cup.

Arbroath had four hat-tricks: Petrie (13), Munro (7), Robertson (6), Crawford (6).

Dundee Harp had seven hat-tricks: D'Arcy Jr (10), McGirl (6), Murphy (5), Murray (4), Rock (3), Lees (3), Neill (3)

My list isn't fully exhaustive, because there were several Scottish Cup (and a handful of Scottish League) games where I haven't been able to find goalscorers. Of those, there are 72 Scottish Cup ties (all on or before 1893) and 1 Second Division match (Airdrie 15-1 Dundee Wanderers in 1894) where there have been enough goals scored for it to have been theoretically possible to have four hat-tricks.

I also don't have any data on any non-league football or minor cup competitions, and I suspect it has happened at that sort of level before.

In terms of world football, the infamous Australia 31-0 American Samoa game only featured 3 hat-tricks, mainly because those horrible ball-hogs Archie Thompson and David Zdrilic (the one who played for Aberdeen) scored 13 and 8 goals respectively. 3 more Aussies got braces but only Con Boutsianis joined in on the hattie fun.

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

In terms of world football, the infamous Australia 31-0 American Samoa game only featured 3 hat-tricks, mainly because those horrible ball-hogs Archie Thompson and David Zdrilic (the one who played for Aberdeen) scored 13 and 8 goals respectively. 3 more Aussies got braces but only Con Boutsianis joined in on the hattie fun.

Also 3 individual hat-tricks (and more) in their 22-0 win v Tonga 10 days earlier.