Queens v Dundee Utd

That's made my Monday morning. Great they are out so quick. I didn't think that was a penalty for us, I'm not convinced it even hit his arm. Utd could/should have had a penalty at 2-0 when it hits Brownlie but I was aggrieved we never got a free kick in the build up so I can't say I have any sympathy.

Those two goals were like watching us defending set pieces last season. Absolutely horrific defending, the first in particular. It's a sea of orange in the box yet we have 3 men spare at the back.

El Bak's technique was incredible and long may that kind of performance continue. He was fired up from the off. And again, Paton's effort was excellent. We never even saw the two other gut busting runs he made. Dobbie back to his best again. I really hope we keep this going against Alloa.

That's made my Monday morning. Great they are out so quick. I didn't think that was a penalty for us, I'm not convinced it even hit his arm. Utd could/should have had a penalty at 2-0 when it hits Brownlie but I was aggrieved we never got a free kick in the build up so I can't say I have any sympathy.

Those two goals were like watching us defending set pieces last season. Absolutely horrific defending, the first in particular. It's a sea of orange in the box yet we have 3 men spare at the back.

El Bak's technique was incredible and long may that kind of performance continue. He was fired up from the off. And again, Paton's effort was excellent. We never even saw the two other gut busting runs he made. Dobbie back to his best again. I really hope we keep this going against Alloa.

El bakh starting to look the part in the left wing role. As dobbs said in his interview takes time to work out how each other play but seems to be getting there. What impressed me most with El Bakh is that he’s willing to graft as well, he done it at partick, not as successfully but still tracked his man and again on Saturday where I thought he was excellent. The two moment of brilliance are unreal, seems to be loving his football, with 4 assists in 2 games there’s no reason with not to be.

Trying not to get carried away, cause we often quickly fall on our arse. Next 4 games are massive for us though, I know there’s a long way to go but I think there huge before two tough away games in Dundee. If we want to be at top end we need to be taking at least 8, at the moment I don’t see why we can’t either

On 21/10/2019 at 14:51, qos1990 said:

What impressed me most with El Bakh is that he’s willing to graft as well, he done it at partick, not as successfully but still tracked his man and again on Saturday where I thought he was excellent.

I felt a bit sorry for him and thought he was unappreciated for this with Dundee.

He was really poor in front of goal and couldn't really cement that position for himself so ended up on the wing. He isn't comfortable defending but he does try to play in a responsible way and do the basics as well as he can sticking to his men etc.

In his last season playing regularly for Dundee, things fell to shit when we brought in another striker in the January window (Simon Murray) and dropped Faissal from the team to try and accommodate a front two. Before then, we'd had a decent run of form and settled down massively when he was introduced on the flank around October time and we ended up having really good stats for avoiding crosses into the box from his side (Holt and Spanish Jon were also good at this though).

It was the sort of thing where we could have found someone better at to do his sort of role for top flight football but maybe didn't appreciate that it was quite possible we'd do much worse.

6 hours ago, The-coo-shed said:

Fair play to that United fan. Dedicated to his seethe.

giphy.gif

Well done to the morbidly obese chap. He at least had the decency to pull up his jeans before hurling abuse.  Such self awareness in the heat of the moment should be applauded. 👏👏

Well done to the morbidly obese chap. He at least had the decency to pull up his jeans before hurling abuse.  Such self awareness in the heat of the moment should be applauded. [emoji122][emoji122]
I like the red jacket guy who calmly walks up with his Green Street swagger, ready for some carnage. I full expect at some point he shouted "Cam on you mugs!"

Having watched the highlights United were defensively woeful and not clinical going forward. Obviously I wasn't there and you can't read massive amounts into the highlights - albeit they are probably the best highlights from any club in the division.

The only thing I would say is if at 2-0, big Louis Appere finishes that one-on-one, it would have completely changed the game and United could have came back into it. After the 3rd goal goes in its Game Over and the heads clearly go down. Not that it excuses the first half performance, but on another day when Louis or Shanks (who also missed a couple of half chance as 2-0) are firing on all cylinders, United may well have taken away at least something.

Fair play to Queens though, good to see Dobbie back scoring.

The highlights were certainly a reminder we didn’t have it all our own way, and should hopefully calm those of us in risk of getting carried away.

Better finishing, and better refereeing for the obvious handball by Brownlie could have lead to a trickier afternoon for us.

25 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

The highlights were certainly a reminder we didn’t have it all our own way, and should hopefully calm those of us in risk of getting carried away.

Better finishing, and better refereeing for the obvious handball by Brownlie could have lead to a trickier afternoon for us.

Have to admit, I couldn't remember United having as many chances. 

30 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

It was a handball from Shankland on the line from Holt header so the ref got both handballs wrong think we need VAR send it up from down south 

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

43 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

It was a handball from Shankland on the line from Holt header so the ref got both handballs wrong think we need VAR send it up from down south 

The ref got both handballs spot on for me. In both cases it physically hit the arm but neither did so deliberately, neither was making an "unnatural silhouette". Arms were by their side. Shankland's one is definitely not a penalty. It hit him from about 2 yards away at pace. Brownlie's had more distance and his arm was slightly further away from his side but that's because he was running rather than standing still on the line. His hand wasn't raised, it wasn't making himself unnaturally bigger, it's not a penalty for me.

I don't think VAR would have over-ruled the ref in either case.