Queens v Dundee Utd

Spoke to my younger son who was at the game.  He said you had a couple of misses that were closer than anything we offered.

Yeah, Holt rattled the bar before his goal and we had one cleared off the line in the first half. I'd like to see the highlights as the players appeared to be claiming for a penalty. Paton actually came close in the second half as well, hitting the side netting. I can't recall our 'keeper having much to do. He made a really good save in the first half at 1-0(?) and almost gifted you a goal by taking too long to clear. Other than that he never broke sweat.

How refreshing to have a Manager who doesn’t come out in the second half, sit deep, invite trouble and risk squandering a commanding lead.

That was some performance - must have been a tough call for MOM - Pybus, El Bak, Hamilton and Holt all figured on the shortlist.

What a difference from last season - pressing the ball high, keeping two players up top, looking a threat at corners and more importantly defending set pieces professionally.

AJ doing a tremendous job on a shoestring budget.

What could possibly go wrong..............

That was superb from the team today. Absolutely no failures. Right from the off we were in United's faces and never let them settle. Great to see Dobbie back on the score sheet (even better when he was 5/1 for the first goal) and looking as sharp as ever. El Bak was unplayable at times and was backed up by a Holt looking back to his best as well. His late clearance in the first half was incredible.

4 goals going on 7 but the defensive players take the biggest plaudits for me. They really look like a solid unit just now and having a competent goalkeeper is clearly helping the defences confidence. I'm liking McCrorie more and more every time I see him. Commands his area and is always giving the defence and option for the pass back.

I stood and applauded all the subs off today which I haven't done in a long long time. Yes even Paton SD, honest! I can't remember the last time I left Palmerston so happy either. Ayr last season possibly but it felt even better today for some reason.

The midfield did get bypassed for large spells and we definitely could do with a player in there who will hold the ball but you really can't change this side just now.

Last season was extremely tedious any time Dobbie failed to score against someone as it was the same pish patter. So it's not a boot in, but Shankland really must hate playing against us. Another completely anonymous game again today to add to his 4 for Ayr last season.

I won't get carried away but if we can replicate that kind of performance more often than not this season then we shouldn't have any concerns about being in the bottom two.

Special mention to some of the United fans. Christ you have some zoomers. At 0-0 McMullan was the greatest player in the world. At 2-0 the abuse he was getting was unreal. At one point two fans were screaming abuse at each other [emoji38] I know our fans can be miserable at times (me included) but I really can't recall us giving our own players anywhere near that level of abuse [emoji38]

How refreshing to have a Manager who doesn’t come out in the second half, sit deep, invite trouble and risk squandering a commanding lead.

I doubt any manager will tell his players to sit deep if they’re winning at half time. I’d imagine most team talks would be “more of the same” rather than “sit back and defend”.

At Partick, after going 1 up we barely got forward again, sat extremely deep and took the points. Sometimes you’ve just got to do it

I doubt any manager will tell his players to sit deep if they’re winning at half time. I’d imagine most team talks would be “more of the same” rather than “sit back and defend”.

At Partick, after going 1 up we barely got forward again, sat extremely deep and took the points. Sometimes you’ve just got to do it

^^^ Never watched a Naysmith led team type post.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Special mention to some of the United fans. Christ you have some zoomers. At 0-0 McMullan was the greatest player in the world. At 2-0 the abuse he was getting was unreal. At one point two fans were screaming abuse at each other emoji38.png I know our fans can be miserable at times (me included) but I really can't recall us giving our own players anywhere near that level of abuse

Drink plays a part, and some fans clearly can't handle it, but yes, there are quite a few in our support who show themselves up all too often.

On the playing front, well done Queens. I was disappointed, but not really surprised by that.

Drink plays a part, and some fans clearly can't handle it, but yes, there are quite a few in our support who show themselves up all too often.

On the playing front, well done Queens. I was disappointed, but not really surprised by that.
It will but these two weren't even drunk [emoji38] One guy was giving McMullan pelters (pretty OTT and unfair IMO). One guy told called the guy out on it (pretty politely tbh) and the first guy ended up giving it the "what are you gonna do about it" pish. Then proceeded to give the auld guy dogs abuse as well. An absolute mess and some state to get yourself in to.