Queens v Dundee Utd

So its almost as if Troy Brown - released from the English seaside league isn't good enough.

Thought he was decent tbh. Wouldn't have him ahead of the best centre back pairing in the division but he'd be a decent backup.

8 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Where’s Northfield ? Must be on suicidal watch tonight emoji23.png

Thinking of  something that  I can post that is negative can't think of anything . .

On to the positives every single player player there part on what a brilliant team performance from start to finish 

Yeah commented today from start to finish we were superb. Was worried that we would do what we done against caley at home last season.Thankfully we have a defence that wont shit the bed and can defend! Big kilday has been brilliant with Brownlie. Morton could really do with him. Steal.

I'll admit that I didn't think this Queens team had such a complete performance in them.

4-0 was quite flattering...

to United.

Steve Clarks rent boy, was beat after queen's scored there second. Petulant, over-rated and no where good enough to be anywhere near a Scotland squad. Just shows how bad we've become as a football nation,. Lawrence Shankland's just a shite Stephen Dobbie. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

What an enjoyable afternoon that was!

As you’d expect after a 4-0 win every player put in a great performance, but for many it was also their best in the shirt, or in the case of Dobbie and Holt their best of the season.

No coincidence our upturn in fortune has coincided with Jack Hamilton starting games. He is well on the way to being Dykes mkII and will be the unsung hero of today’s performance.

Credit to Johnston he has managed to produce a system that has our individual midfielders performing together as a unit that is better than the sum of it’s parts. Kidd and Pybus produce the workrate, whilst Paton showed he still has moments of quality. Keeping him motivated will be the toughest ask. He was fired up today though!

It’s still our weakest area by far, but the balance was good today.

I’m not getting carried away for numerous obvious reasons, but even at our shambolic worst earlier in the season we still looked on a par with most teams in the league. If Johnston can get consistent performances out of this team then maybe the top 4 is realistic.

Equally we are a few key injuries away from being an absolute gang so lets see what happens.

58 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:
1 hour ago, QosLoyal said:
Was sensational today

He was. The way he trapped it before the shot that led to Paton's goal.

Worth the admission money on its own, Never mind the fact it was about 10 seconds after he flicked the ball up and over a United player's leg and left him buying a ticket to get back in!

I missed the first 25 mins so we were already 1-0 up and had apparently hit the woodwork before I even started watching. But the rest of the game was outstanding. The result flattered United. They had some possession but did nothing with it. Our defence completely dominated their attackers and McCrorie was largely untroubled. Brownlie and Holt won everything in the air at both ends. Lee Kilday and Scott Mercer quietly went about their business efficiently too.

They may have their critics but Kidd mopped up and protected his defence very well whilst Paton pulled strings in the middle of the park. Pybus ran about all over the place getting in everybody's face. Hamilton battled for everything that went near him and harrassed the United back four. Dobbie still isn't quite at his best but scored twice and is getting better every game.

And then there's El Bakh. Magic. Not sure what if any involvement he had in the first goal but he grabbed the assist on all the other three goals. He crossed for the one Holt had headed off the line too and generally looked dangerous every time he got the ball.

I've no real complaint with Brownlie being the Man of the Match. He was dominant and Holt can't have been far behind him but for me it was Fais. He was unplayable on the day.

17 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

What an enjoyable afternoon that was!

As you’d expect after a 4-0 win every player put in a great performance, but for many it was also their best in the shirt, or in the case of Dobbie and Holt their best of the season.

No coincidence our upturn in fortune has coincided with Jack Hamilton starting games. He is well on the way to being Dykes mkII and will be the unsung hero of today’s performance.

Credit to Johnston he has managed to produce a system that has our individual midfielders performing together as a unit that is better than the sum of it’s parts. Kidd and Pybus produce the workrate, whilst Paton showed he still has moments of quality. Keeping him motivated will be the toughest ask. He was fired up today though!

It’s still our weakest area by far, but the balance was good today.

I’m not getting carried away for numerous obvious reasons, but even at our shambolic worst earlier in the season we still looked on a par with most teams in the league. If Johnston can get consistent performances out of this team then maybe the top 4 is realistic.

Equally we are a few key injuries away from being an absolute gang so lets see what happens.

Today was brilliant - absolutely brilliant, it really was.

I really think we must resist getting at all carried away though.  Remember how good things looked after we beat the Highland teams in January.  It might not need injuries for us to again resemble something of a gang.

Magnificent today though.

42 minutes ago, Flash said:

That was quite good. Reminded me a bit of the 5-0 second half with 10 men v Arbroath. 

I can in here to have a wee laugh at United and you've completely ruined that for me now, thanks ;) :lol: 

That 45 was one of the best, if not the best, I've ever seen from an opposition side against us in my 20 years supporting the club; so sounds like today must have been a bloody good performance!

Others may be waiting for Northfield to find something negative to say. I'm waiting for 19QOS19 to pop up and tell us Kidd and Paton are long since finished and will never ever be good enough to play midfield in the Championship. [emoji849][emoji6]
Paton was good today and I've already praised Kidd a couple of weeks ago as he's clearly part of the reason we aren't shipping many goals. Lets not kid on Paton has had more good games than bad for us though, no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise.

He had a couple of great runs today even before his goal. It's the first time since his return I've not been pissed off with his lack of enthusiasm. Long may it continue. FWIW I said weeks ago that I wouldn't be against Paton being tried through the middle rather than out wide.

No coincidence he's put in two decent shifts in there and not looked like the empty jersey he is when played out wide.

41 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'll admit that I didn't think this Queens team had such a complete performance in them.

4-0 was quite flattering...

to United.

Spoke to my younger son who was at the game.  He said you had a couple of misses that were closer than anything we offered.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Spoke to my younger son who was at the game.  He said you had a couple of misses that were closer than anything we offered.

Siegrist made a miracle save just before half time certainly. I thought that one was in.

United did have chances. There was a free header six yards out first half and another glancing one from a corner second half, both of which shouldn't have given McCrorie a chance but neither hit target. 4-0 certainly didn't flatter us though. We looked more likely to win by more than less.