Junior jibes

MK3

I recently came across the 'Why Junior football should never grow up' article which was featured in Nutmeg magazine a few years back.

It includes the infamous quote "Stick that on your Bebo, big yin!" shouted by a Rutherglen fan to a reporter at Clyde Gateway Stadium in 2009.

Which brings me on to this... what is the best comment you've heard shouted from a fan, player or official at a Junior ground?

Bit unsavoury and changed days of course, but I remember being at a Whyte & Mackay West of Scotland Cup Final at Blair Park. Also present were two scantily dressed sponsor's models, who during the presentation of the trophy after the match provoked a cry of "Show us yer beard!"

Edited by jimbaxters

We had an auld fella followed Whitletts home and and now sadly no longer with us. Came out with crackers every week, but one that springs to mind is when he missed a game to go for an eye appointment. Turned up at next game and our manager at the time asked him how he got on ‘cancer in the eye’ he said. Fs said the manager, whats caused that. Watching Whitletts for the last 30 years was the reply

On 06/10/2019 at 08:39, Moomintroll said:

Can't be arsed recalling an individual example but Rab Watson who followed the Buffs came out with some belters over the years.

That’s what we like, right into the spirit of the thread. 😁

Remember the old guys who used to stand at 18 yd line far side at Glenafton giving the linesman (it was a while ago) pelters. In exasperation he replied “I’ve forgot mair about fitba than you two will ever know”. The reply ...........” we’ll it looks like you’ve forgot it awe the day son “

Some years ago Ladeside had a winger called Martin Walsh - smashing player on his day, but he had a short fuse and was always getting booked for dissent. In one game he was already on a yellow card when he was denied an obvious free kick and reacted by screaming abuse at the assistant ref right in front of the Ladeside fans in the shed.

A second yellow seemed inevitable, till a voice called out from the crowd "Martin, shut yer mooth. MARTIN, SHUT IT!! You job's tae play fitba, it's oor job tae gie this c**t abuse!  The assistant ref and the player both burst out laughing and a second yellow was avoided.