TALBOT V POLLOK

happy

Looking forward to this game today and a bit of chat after the whistle. It is a perfect day for a game on a pitch that is up there with the best.May the best team win.That will be Talbot.☺️

Would fancy Talbot to win this by a couple but Pollok have attacking options who can produce moments of brilliance so they have a puncher's chance.

This is the two biggest clubs in the Juniors IMO, would've been a good game to play during the international break next weekend to get a bumper crowd in.

Talbot deserved their win today. Pollok played like they had never heard of Talbot before today. Goals we lost were typical of the current Talbot side. Don’t defend corners and give your big CH too much space, rash challenges giving Shankland the chance from Free kicks, and then giving Pope all the time to put another in the top corner.

A bit more fight from us second half and Duff and Fordes chances might have made it a bit closer, but to be honest didn’t deserve anything. Hopefully we can keep in a league race so when Talbot come to Newlandsfield we can have something to play for.

6 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Talbot deserved their win today. Pollok played like they had never heard of Talbot before today. Goals we lost were typical of the current Talbot side. Don’t defend corners and give your big CH too much space, rash challenges giving Shankland the chance from Free kicks, and then giving Pope all the time to put another in the top corner.

A bit more fight from us second half and Duff and Fordes chances might have made it a bit closer, but to be honest didn’t deserve anything. Hopefully we can keep in a league race so when Talbot come to Newlandsfield we can have something to play for.

Yep missed two sitters which would have changed things but you can’t risk poor marking at corners or being slack at set pieces-although I doubt there’s a keeper in the juniors who would have stopped the two long range strikes today.
I think errors were made in the Lok lineup as Dallas and Duff were just never up to it-and only when Forde,Morton and Esplin came on in the second half did we start to create chances and pressure.

Gal at full back also puzzling.

Anyway we knew how hard a game that was going to be-and it was!Auchinleck and their pressing game are the pinnacle of non league football in Scotland and a team will have to be on superb form to beat them.

Fairly comfortable for Talbot sans the late surge from Pollok.

Was very dissapointed to hear some homophobic bile towards the ref from someone (I have no clue whether it was a Talbot or Pollok fan). Zero place for it in modern football regardless of ones disagreement with a refs decision or actions.

6 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:
6 hours ago, Juniorfootball123 said:
Looking forward to this one. Can’t believe at 3:50 today Talbot are going to have the league wrapped up .....

How do u work that out?

Because I have seen every team this season (apart from rossvale and Troon) and can’t see who will come close to challenging. 

Not expecting a Talbot fan to agree but it’s the truth! 

Fairly comfortable for Talbot sans the late surge from Pollok.

Was very dissapointed to hear some homophobic bile towards the ref from someone (I have no clue whether it was a Talbot or Pollok fan). Zero place for it in modern football regardless of ones disagreement with a refs decision or actions.

Totally agree as well as the Talbot fan who shouted I hope his legs are broke when Jordon Morton went down.Disgusting.