Cowdenbeath Vs. Edinburgh City

3rd placed Cowdenbeath host 2nd top Edinburgh City this weekend, in a big meeting between two of the form teams in the league.

Cowdenbeath have a good home record and won this fixture 4-1 the last time we met here.

City are in good form, as are Cowden who will fancy their chances of a win here.

So, how will it pan out this time?

It's an intriguing match that's for sure. The Blue Brazil versus the Ainslie Albania (it's that lucky red and black strip) at the Stadio Centrale (doesn't it sound better in cod Italian. I wonder if the Italians ever post on Pasta i Bovrili that they're going to the "Shitehole" to watch their team on Saturday..)

Reasons I actually quite like Central Park:
The train journey is quite good and the station isn't too far from the ground for fat b*****ds like me
Wooden stands are warmer than plastic and concrete ones (no arsing about with arson jokes, ta)
Floodlights are decent thanks to the stock cars. 
The fence keeps you safe from Fraser Mullen when he goes radge (ha ha)

I like to think City can win. The head says a draw is more likely. It'll be tough. 

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's an intriguing match that's for sure. The Blue Brazil versus the Ainslie Albania (it's that lucky red and black strip) at the Stadio Centrale (doesn't it sound better in cod Italian. I wonder if the Italians ever post on Pasta i Bovrili that they're going to the "Shitehole" to watch their team on Saturday..)

Reasons I actually quite like Central Park:
The train journey is quite good and the station isn't too far from the ground for fat b*****ds like me
Wooden stands are warmer than plastic and concrete ones (no arsing about with arson jokes, ta)
Floodlights are decent thanks to the stock cars. 
The fence keeps you safe from Fraser Mullen when he goes radge (ha ha)

I like to think City can win. The head says a draw is more likely. It'll be tough. 

Floodlights are nowt to do with the stockies it was Cowden who upgraded them when we were in the old first division sure I told you that before ya old codger.

I still fancy Edinburgh for the title to be honest, them long winter away days might not suit Cove over the course of a whole season lol but i won't knock how well their playing either, just think Edinburgh will run them close, Cowden go into this with nothing to lose, we just need to be patient but physica and well organized when out of posession, the longer its 0-0, the better for us, sure Renton & Coxy will give Edinburgh plenty to think about up the park, then Allan can come on give us something different in the 2nd half, really happy with Cowden just now & im sure Edinburgh pleased with how their playing, both teams scoring goals, game of weekend

Cowdenbeath was the first ground I went to after moving to Edinburgh and started groundhopping. Now done 40 of the 42 + some non-league and it's still one of my favourites, plus a really good away trip from Edinburgh - quick direct train, short walk to ground and pubs en route. Will be there tomorrow and should be a cracker.

Edinburgh city had lots of the ball but can’t remember PJ having a save to make. Everyone worked hard but the defence was absolutely outstanding again mango quality, Hamilton brilliant again and big toddy for me was man of the match. Could have maybe added 1 or 2 more on the break at the end but all that matters is the 3 points. 

Well done to players, staff and everyone at Cowdenbeath FC for six in a row. Tough game and Edinburgh City are a very good side but great to see the players battle hard and win. Special mention to Robbie Buchanan, Archie Thomas and Chris Hamilton. In fact all the team were excellent. Delighted for Coxy to get a goal. Good times at The Beath !!

Great team performance perhaps not at our best but 3 points clean sheet clear chances in the second half to win by a greater margin. Delighted to see that the well deserved Manager & Player of he month awards to Gary & Mango respectively didn't prove to be the curse it can often be.

Hamilton was again immense today not a foot wrong Robbie Buchanan too. Overall the whole team put in a real shift. Nice to see Kevin Dabrowski come to watch as he recovers a great welcome personally and the reaction from his team mates says it all about him and the overall ream spirit & dressing room. Delighted to see Coxy score the winner and see the reaction he got from his team members and fans at the final whistle a key part of the jigsaw that is the current squad who always gives 110% and the fans need to respond in kind.

Finally we received excellent feed back on the hospitality & sponsorship groups today something we are looking to grow & develop a big thanks to all the volunteers who made this happen behind the scenes a special thanks to @Cowden316 rolling up his sleeves ehen we were really short handed and helping start to finish really apprecaited.

We have a team and togethernness on the park and I can see the connectivity with the fans growing game by game lets keep it going & see where we get too, but most importantly lets make sure we get behind the players  fully when its not going so well that's what will matters we have a great loyal vocal fan base lets use this to best effect.

Mon the Coo