Cowdenbeath Vs. Edinburgh City

20 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Gratz Cowden what a difference seeing your team win makes to your Saturday , keep it up except for when we roll up 😂😂

I assume it'll mainly be our subs and youngsters getting some game time. 

Will Kelty be bringing their full first team? 

A rainy Central Park isn't the best place to try and play silky football although the pitch actually looked no bad today. 

The lad on the right wing was putting in some dangerous crosses in the first half- they seemed to be more accurate than City's crosses. City didn't take their chances, Cowden did and It could have been worse for City given that one that came back off the post. 

Ach weel, Cove losing makes life interesting I suppose- maybe you guys can make it two losses in a row for them...

I went for a pie just after Cowden scored the goal and I passed a guy who looked like Steve Clarke. Coxy for Scotland?! :lol:

2 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

Great team performance perhaps not at our best but 3 points clean sheet clear chances in the second half to win by a greater margin. Delighted to see that the well deserved Manager & Player of he month awards to Gary & Mango respectively didn't prove to be the curse it can often be.

Hamilton was again immense today not a foot wrong Robbie Buchanan too. Overall the whole team put in a real shift. Nice to see Kevin Dabrowski come to watch as he recovers a great welcome personally and the reaction from his team mates says it all about him and the overall ream spirit & dressing room. Delighted to see Coxy score the winner and see the reaction he got from his team members and fans at the final whistle a key part of the jigsaw that is the current squad who always gives 110% and the fans need to respond in kind.

Finally we received excellent feed back on the hospitality & sponsorship groups today something we are looking to grow & develop a big thanks to all the volunteers who made this happen behind the scenes a special thanks to @Cowden316 rolling up his sleeves ehen we were really short handed and helping start to finish really apprecaited.

We have a team and togethernness on the park and I can see the connectivity with the fans growing game by game lets keep it going & see where we get too, but most importantly lets make sure we get behind the players  fully when its not going so well that's what will matters we have a great loyal vocal fan base lets use this to best effect.

Mon the Coo

Thanks Alan no problem at all. Glad everything went well for the club, fans, guests etc today 

3 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I assume it'll mainly be our subs and youngsters getting some game time. 

Will Kelty be bringing their full first team? 

Hard to tell might be a mixture , few subs need game time and maybe Easton n Mutch get some minutes after injury , possible few young ins as well but ?? 

9 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Hard to tell might be a mixture , few subs need game time and maybe Easton n Mutch get some minutes after injury , possible few young ins as well but ?? 

As mentioned above we will probably give time to some of the guys on the bench would imagine Kelty would do the same. Should be an interesting game anyway.

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

As mentioned above we will probably give time to some of the guys on the bench would imagine Kelty would do the same. Should be an interesting game anyway.

At least we have the weekend off but surely we will play as many non starters as possible. I know we have a small squad but we haven’t used many players over the last few weeks so it would be mad to play them in this friendly match.

Pyper, Swann, Valantine, Allan, Sneddon, Whyte and the young boys should all start. Probably Taylor as well. Not sure how much balance there is in that lot mind!

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 20:23, wulliemc said:

How far offside was Cox for the goal? Scenes.

It's a cracking decision from the linesman, onside. Never forget they have a better view than most fans :)

Bad tackle from Thomson though, you could see he was rattled as he went flying into one a few seconds previously. Not a nice wee chap.

26 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

It's a cracking decision from the linesman, onside. Never forget they have a better view than most fans :)

Bad tackle from Thomson though, you could see he was rattled as he went flying into one a few seconds previously. Not a nice wee chap.

Also thought coxy was well offside at the game but after watching the highlights he’s well onside and it’s a great call from the linesman. Shocking tackle from Thomson who clearly lost his head. Not sure what the shouts where as he was walking for his early shower... 

8 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Coxy is miles on side for the goal.  I don't even think it's that hard a decision for the linesman.

image.thumb.png.dd2072c8665262121444b716344863cf.png

Horrendous tackle by Thomson.  

I wasn't even 100% who touched it!

Just goes to show that when fans get all upset at officials they do tend to know better than us mere mortals!

3 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

I wasn't even 100% who touched it!

Just goes to show that when fans get all upset at officials they do tend to know better than us mere mortals!

I think it's the City player that hits it but it could deflect of our boot. The angle the ball goes off at would lead you to think it was the City guy anyway.

On 06/10/2019 at 09:47, Muzza81 said:

At least we have the weekend off but surely we will play as many non starters as possible. I know we have a small squad but we haven’t used many players over the last few weeks so it would be mad to play them in this friendly match.

Pyper, Swann, Valantine, Allan, Sneddon, Whyte and the young boys should all start. Probably Taylor as well. Not sure how much balance there is in that lot mind!

Gary said in his post match that the guys on the bench would get a run out against Kelty.