Syngenta

elton

Took in this game as was down visiting family in the area. Decent enough game with not much between the teams. Have to say the discipline of Syngenta was shocking, 3 simple red cards with the last being one of the worst I’ve seen in football. A typical example of someone trying to just do someone instead of going for the ball.

Took in the Syngenta v Newburgh game on Saturday. I would have to agree with a lot of what's been written above. Why dump a good squad of promising players who have progressed trough the youth system there for what can only be described as a "gang"!? They have lost their purpose and identity in one fell swoop and aren't the better for it.

The attitude and conduct of the Syngenta players was embarrassing but nothing compared to the "coaching staff" on the touchline! Five or six of them picking fights, abusing opposition players, harassing the referee (who handled them brilliantly) and generally being very amateurish (standing on the park during the game, flagging for balls that clearly weren't out etc). Apparently one of them is a "Director of Football".

Question is - when will an amateur team that is used to winning get fed up with losing and jack it in? What then for Syngenta?

1 hour ago, Elvis Baptie said:

Took in the Syngenta v Newburgh game on Saturday. I would have to agree with a lot of what's been written above. Why dump a good squad of promising players who have progressed trough the youth system there for what can only be described as a "gang"!? They have lost their purpose and identity in one fell swoop and aren't the better for it.

The attitude and conduct of the Syngenta players was embarrassing but nothing compared to the "coaching staff" on the touchline! Five or six of them picking fights, abusing opposition players, harassing the referee (who handled them brilliantly) and generally being very amateurish (standing on the park during the game, flagging for balls that clearly weren't out etc). Apparently one of them is a "Director of Football".

Question is - when will an amateur team that is used to winning get fed up with losing and jack it in? What then for Syngenta?

What a load of 💩 Surely if you were there you would have known that there was only 5 coaches there  I stood next to the dug out and never once heard anyone asking for a fight our side line got asked to move back a little and that was the only time they were spoken too the Newburgh coach was sent off for abusing the ref no mention of that syngenta were the far better team just never took there chances and as for the team there wasn’t a bad challenge in the game. Sounds like another deluded syngenta hater 

34 minutes ago, Fraz_1311 said:

What a load of 💩 Surely if you were there you would have known that there was only 5 coaches there  I stood next to the dug out and never once heard anyone asking for a fight our side line got asked to move back a little and that was the only time they were spoken too the Newburgh coach was sent off for abusing the ref no mention of that syngenta were the far better team just never took there chances and as for the team there wasn’t a bad challenge in the game. Sounds like another deluded syngenta hater 

Read my post. I said 5 or 6. It was difficult to tell given that the whole bench were encroaching on the pitch at times. The referee spoke to the Syngenta staff on at least 4 occasions - repeating that only two officials were allowed out the dugout at a time and not to stand on the pitch..  I heard the manager, coach and the wee guy dressed in black threaten and/or abuse opposition players without provocation on at least 4 occasions. When the Newburgh coach was sent off the Syngenta assistant was straight over to him telling him "the showers are on mate, the showers are on mate ...they'll be nice and warm for you". No need. The Newburgh coach was rightly sent off for foul and abusive language after the 2nd Syngenta goal was allowed to stand after a clear and obvious foul on the Newburgh defender. Not sure how you can say Syngenta were the better team when they conceded 3 goals, Newburgh had another goal chalked off and the Syngents goals came from a howler by the Gk and a goal that shouldn't have stood? Syngenta certainly didn't play any form of passing/attractive football.. As for not a bad challenge - what about the Syngenta 5 deliberately coming through the back of the Newburgh 9 with a an elbow to the back of the head when the ball had gone? If Im another Syngenta hater as you say then you might want to ask yourself why there seems to be so many? Perhaps it's you that's deluded?

46 minutes ago, Elvis Baptie said:

Read my post. I said 5 or 6. It was difficult to tell given that the whole bench were encroaching on the pitch at times. The referee spoke to the Syngenta staff on at least 4 occasions - repeating that only two officials were allowed out the dugout at a time and not to stand on the pitch..  I heard the manager, coach and the wee guy dressed in black threaten and/or abuse opposition players without provocation on at least 4 occasions. When the Newburgh coach was sent off the Syngenta assistant was straight over to him telling him "the showers are on mate, the showers are on mate ...they'll be nice and warm for you". No need. The Newburgh coach was rightly sent off for foul and abusive language after the 2nd Syngenta goal was allowed to stand after a clear and obvious foul on the Newburgh defender. Not sure how you can say Syngenta were the better team when they conceded 3 goals, Newburgh had another goal chalked off and the Syngents goals came from a howler by the Gk and a goal that shouldn't have stood? Syngenta certainly didn't play any form of passing/attractive football.. As for not a bad challenge - what about the Syngenta 5 deliberately coming through the back of the Newburgh 9 with a an elbow to the back of the head when the ball had gone? If Im another Syngenta hater as you say then you might want to ask yourself why there seems to be so many? Perhaps it's you that's deluded?

Elbow to the head ? Are you for real he ran into him hense he got back treatment from the physio your right I must be deluded the Newburgh manager evan said we were the better team and I think you will find it was a spectator that shouted to the Newburgh number 10 that was shouting abuse at the bench when they scored and at full time again if that’s what you are referring to us as a gang for 

2 hours ago, Fraz_1311 said:

Elbow to the head ? Are you for real he ran into him hense he got back treatment from the physio your right I must be deluded the Newburgh manager evan said we were the better team and I think you will find it was a spectator that shouted to the Newburgh number 10 that was shouting abuse at the bench when they scored and at full time again if that’s what you are referring to us as a gang for 

It was deliberate - no question. Everything I've stated is accurate and was the subject of conversations during and after the game. It wasn't just me. In fact i was stood next to relatives of 3 Syngenta players and they were embarrassed with what they were witnessing.

8 hours ago, Elvis Baptie said:

I could be wrong but I think you are upset about something??. Come on get it out, what’s with the sour grapes?? Without doubt syngenta we’re the better team on Saturday. If you couldn’t see that then should you really be watching football? The Newburgh goalie got the refs man of the match lol 

6 hours ago, Elvis Baptie said:

It was deliberate - no question. Everything I've stated is accurate and was the subject of conversations during and after the game. It wasn't just me. In fact i was stood next to relatives of 3 Syngenta players and they were embarrassed with what they were witnessing.

I think it’s clear to see you are a relative haha you  must think we come up the Clyde on a banana boat lol 

Having watched Syngenta in both games against Newburgh this season I would say the following

Game 1 at Newburgh ended 4 1 to Newburgh. Syngenta played some really nice football but it was obvious they were a stepping up youth team. Not a bad thing and I am sure as the season progressed they would have become more experienced and started to win games that previously they would have lost.

Game 2 at Westfield Park. An obviously different team altogether. Much more dig but maybe not as much football. The game was close and needed the introduction of our 2 subs to change it up for us. We were struggling to break down the defence before this.

I dont think any of the shouts etc were any different to what we hear week in week out around grounds and isnt someplace I came away from with a bad feeling about the opposition.

Not 100% sure of the politics that are being talked about but for me a combination of the 2 teams we have faced would be a stronger team

All the best to them for the rest of the season.

17 hours ago, 3yardsout said:

I could be wrong but I think you are upset about something??. Come on get it out, what’s with the sour grapes?? Without doubt syngenta we’re the better team on Saturday. If you couldn’t see that then should you really be watching football? The Newburgh goalie got the refs man of the match lol 

Not upset at all. Syngenta created more chances i agree but their finishing was poor, they couldn't cope with Newburgh on the break and ultimately lost the game. I'm actually paid to watch football sometimes so I'm happy with my ability to asses a game. Cheers

Took in the friendly between syngenta and steins ammys 2night expecting a 1 horse race but steins deserved winners from the game. Steins played some good football first half with syngenta nervy at the back and creating errors. Second half they came out the traps but steins held on. 

13 hours ago, Griffin said:

Having watched Syngenta in both games against Newburgh this season I would say the following

Game 1 at Newburgh ended 4 1 to Newburgh. Syngenta played some really nice football but it was obvious they were a stepping up youth team. Not a bad thing and I am sure as the season progressed they would have become more experienced and started to win games that previously they would have lost.

Game 2 at Westfield Park. An obviously different team altogether. Much more dig but maybe not as much football. The game was close and needed the introduction of our 2 subs to change it up for us. We were struggling to break down the defence before this.

I dont think any of the shouts etc were any different to what we hear week in week out around grounds and isnt someplace I came away from with a bad feeling about the opposition.

Not 100% sure of the politics that are being talked about but for me a combination of the 2 teams we have faced would be a stronger team

All the best to them for the rest of the season.

Spot on with regards to shouts from the side of the park. Obviously elvis baptie has an issue with us for whatever reason. No bad shouts no bad tackles game was played in the fashion you would expect it to be nothing else. All the best to you lot aswell

11 hours ago, Snowman said:

Took in the friendly between syngenta and steins ammys 2night expecting a 1 horse race but steins deserved winners from the game. Steins played some good football first half with syngenta nervy at the back and creating errors. Second half they came out the traps but steins held on. 

First half was all about giving boys game time with 9 changes from sat and yet again we gave away the first goal yip steins played some passing football first half if we started our starting 11 thing it would have been much different