Maradona vs Everyone else

Oleksandr

Maradona vs Everyone else  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

So say Messi or Ronaldo went to Aston Villa, would you fancy Villa to then win the prem a couple of times? And a European trophy? Would you heck. that's how good Diego was

Exactly, thats how good he was it was incredible.

8 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

If he played today, Maradona's temperament, self destructive tendencies and off field 'issues' would see him wind up at Stoke before being out the game completely by the time he was 30.

Lol. If maradona was 25 now he'd be worth at least £500 million.

Edited by Kuro

Also the implication being made on here, that Napoli were a one man team who Maradona dragged to success is a fallacy. As is the suggestion that if you placed him in a team of jobbers today, he'd lead them to Champions league glory.

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Also the implication being made on here, that Napoli were a one man team who Maradona dragged to success is a fallacy. As is the suggestion that if you placed him in a team of jobbers today, he'd lead them to Champions league glory.

They weren't a one man team but they were a bang average side with no right to be anywhere near the title, not even a top eight side barely top half. You never was them did you? Or maradona, so you really don't know what you're talking about.

Nobody has had anything like the effect on a team since then that he did with that team, it was miraculous.  They were relegation contenders when he joined them. They only had one other real top player careca who was handpicked by maradona.

Edited by Kuro

“When Diego scored that second goal against us, I felt like applauding. I’d never felt like that before, but it’s true… and not just because it was such an important game. It was impossible to score such a beautiful goal. He’s the greatest player of all time, by a long way. A genuine phenomenon.” Gary Lineker

“For Maradona to win a World Cup on his own, and let’s face it, that’s what he did as the rest of the team were ordinary, was an amazing achievement. He was the best player I’ve seen.”  Glenn Hoddle

“The best player I’ve seen in my life. He did things that didn’t seem humanly possible. When he was on top of his game, and even without training that much he was always in form, he was simply impossible to control. He decided matches alone, carrying average teams like Napoli, and Argentina in 1986, to glorious achievements. A genius.”  Marcel Desailly

“There will never be anyone like Maradona again, not even if Messi wins three World Cups in succession or scores a bicycle kick from midfield.” Hector Enrique

“Some say Pele was the greatest player of all time, but not me. Maradona will always be the greatest. He won World Cup in 1986, narrowly lost in the final in 1990 and then in 1994 maybe would have won it again had he not been banned. The crucial difference with Pele is that Maradona wasn’t surrounded by great players; he had to carry the team himself. If you took Maradona out of Argentina they would not win the World Cup, but I think Brazil without Pele would still have won.” Eric Cantona

7 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

He wouldn't. 

Yes he would easily, you didn't see him did you?  PSG want 265 for neymar, mbappe is valued at 300-350.  Maradona was miles and miles better than these two, he'd simply www worth the largest amount of money the richest club in the world would be willing to pay for him. He could be the first billion pound player.  I feel sorry for those that didn't see him, it's laughable to compare the likes of Ronaldo to him, talent wise he isn't on the same planet as maradona.

6 hours ago, Kuro said:

They weren't a one man team but they were a bang average side with no right to be anywhere near the title, not even a top eight side barely top half. 

More revisionist nonsense. They had finished 8th then 3rd before their first title win. Their 1986-87 Scudetto winning squad contained no fewer than 6 Italian internationals, including Ciro Ferrara, Salvatore Bagni and crucially, Fernando De Napoli, signed in the summer of 1986. 

7 hours ago, Kuro said:

They only had one other real top player careca who was handpicked by maradona.

And Ferrara,  49 Italian caps.

And De Napoli,  54 Italian caps.

And Bagni, 41 Italian caps.

And Alemao, 39 Brazilian caps.

7 hours ago, Kuro said:

You never was them did you? Or maradona, 

Aye, that's right enough, I've never watched a full 90 minutes or seen any highlights of Diego Armando Maradona, one of the most famous and talented footballers ever to play the game.

7 hours ago, Kuro said:

so you really don't know what you're talking about.

The fucking irony.

The real question is, was Maradona better than Harry Souttar ?

Yes he would easily, you didn't see him did you?  PSG want 265 for neymar, mbappe is valued at 300-350.  Maradona was miles and miles better than these two, he'd simply www worth the largest amount of money the richest club in the world would be willing to pay for him. He could be the first billion pound player.  I feel sorry for those that didn't see him, it's laughable to compare the likes of Ronaldo to him, talent wise he isn't on the same planet as maradona.

Is Maradona better than Hazard though?

• 2 weeks later...