QP v Annan

That was brutal.  Two individual errors cost us the goals and I'm sure that the highlights will emphasise how many chances we had to get back into the game.  The goals were followed by Annan wasting time for 70 minutes; FFS, if ever a team deserved to lose a last minute winner it was them.  I'd have settled for a last minute equaliser.  What a mob.  There were more Annan casualties than at the Battle of the Somme.  Was it 9 or 10 of them who went down "injured" in the second half, with only one of them requiring treatment?  What a shower of women's blouses.  And the ref let it happen.  QP's man of the match must be Nicky Jamieson for pulling one of them to their feet.  He should have had a medal rather than a yellow card.

Certainly, Annan's trialist keeper was superb, with three top class saves, but we should have buried this mob.  No excuses and no blame on the duff referee; Annan are possibly the worst side I've seen this season and we allowed them to beat us.  Basis errors are costing us dear.  No doubt the manager will be getting it in the neck, but how does he cope with daft mistakes?  If there is any positive at all to be taken from this dire spectacle, it was that we did make a number of chances.  

I still believe that we have a decent squad, but we need a bit more shouting and leadership on the park.  People standing up and taking responsibility.  Obviously confidence must be low and that can be sorted.  Spartans next; pummel them into the dust (or the plastic resin), and let's move on.

That was brutal.  Two individual errors cost us the goals and I'm sure that the highlights will emphasise how many chances we had to get back into the game.  The goals were followed by Annan wasting time for 70 minutes; FFS, if ever a team deserved to lose a last minute winner it was them.  I'd have settled for a last minute equaliser.  What a mob.  There were more Annan casualties than at the Battle of the Somme.  Was it 9 or 10 of them who went down "injured" in the second half, with only one of them requiring treatment?  What a shower of women's blouses.  And the ref let it happen.  QP's man of the match must be Nicky Jamieson for pulling one of them to their feet.  He should have had a medal rather than a yellow card.
Certainly, Annan's trialist keeper was superb, with three top class saves, but we should have buried this mob.  No excuses and no blame on the duff referee; Annan are possibly the worst side I've seen this season and we allowed them to beat us.  Basis errors are costing us dear.  No doubt the manager will be getting it in the neck, but how does he cope with daft mistakes?  If there is any positive at all to be taken from this dire spectacle, it was that we did make a number of chances.  
I still believe that we have a decent squad, but we need a bit more shouting and leadership on the park.  People standing up and taking responsibility.  Obviously confidence must be low and that can be sorted.  Spartans next; pummel them into the dust (or the plastic resin), and let's move on.

I was pleased to see on a number of occasions Salim was trying to get the others fired up. We could do with a few more doing the same, and less of the finger pointing and blame game that seems to be creeping in (though its understandable, and good, that they are frustrated with the recent run of results). I thought we got a lift looked to have a bit more fight about us once Alfie came on, but the earlier mistakes left us with a lot to do. I agree that Annan's time wasting was a factor, and judging by their antics at full time, the home supports frustration was only encouraging them to do it more. Disappointing to see teams using those kind of tactics, and equally disappointing that the ref made no attempt to deal with it, but if we hadn't given them a two goal lead to sit and run the clock down on, and had made them have to play a bit to get something from the game, then it probably wouldn't have been happening in the first place. Fair play to the guy who came on up front near the end and didnt look content to run the ball into the corners, but went looking for another goal to put it out of sight, just a shame there weren't more like him in the Annan side and we could have had an entertaining game of football.

Yep, individual errors are costing us dear at the moment but the manager keeps playing the guys that are making them. Looking at the next few weeks the matches coming up should provide plenty opportunity to pull away from the wrong end of the table, but if we don't ? Too much at stake now. Its all very well worrying about the Lowland league in future years, its potential reality now unless we get our act together.

16 minutes ago, houstonspider said:

Yep, individual errors are costing us dear at the moment but the manager keeps playing the guys that are making them. Looking at the next few weeks the matches coming up should provide plenty opportunity to pull away from the wrong end of the table, but if we don't ? Too much at stake now. Its all very well worrying about the Lowland league in future years, its potential reality now unless we get our act together.

Sometimes not sure dropping guys is always the answer. Wullie Muir is undeniably going through a rocky patch, but any points his errors have cost us are far, far outweighed by the number he's won us over different spells. I'm very much in the "form is temporary, class is permanent" camp with him. 

20 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Anyone know who the Annan Trialist keeper was? At first glance I thought he was the bus driver but as the game went on he showed some experience and excellent positioning. He knew his way around goalkeeping.

Ex-Stenny and Stirling Albion keeper Chris Smith played in goal for Annan against us the other week, so I'd imagine it was him again