QP v Annan

3 points off the bottom.
Dont Panic. It's all part of the presidents plan. 3 points off the bottom come the EGM so he can try and sway a few more votes for going pro to get us out of the drop zone. Once the vote is done he'll tell Roberts we're allowed to start winning again.

I thought the new system was decent. We did not have the correct full backs for it. Grant, who I quite like, just cannot defend his territory and Summers never could. We need a right full back and Clark on the left. Midfield tried hard but were too lightweight and resorted to the high clearance under pressure. Muir seems to have lost his way over the last few games. He needs to find brave pills when coming for a ball and remember that the goalie is allowed to catch it. Gault showed some better touches but should stop playing for the free kick and press forward with the ball at his feet. Big difference when Alfie came on. He is not perfect but showed a purpose and urgency going forward. Salim to me runs about like a lost chicken. He and Moore lack basic ball control. Apart from that we were great. I still think we have a decent squad but I do wonder if coach and players are on the same page at times.

50 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I thought the new system was decent. We did not have the correct full backs for it. Grant, who I quite like, just cannot defend his territory and Summers never could. We need a right full back and Clark on the left. Midfield tried hard but were too lightweight and resorted to the high clearance under pressure. Muir seems to have lost his way over the last few games. He needs to find brave pills when coming for a ball and remember that the goalie is allowed to catch it. Gault showed some better touches but should stop playing for the free kick and press forward with the ball at his feet. Big difference when Alfie came on. He is not perfect but showed a purpose and urgency going forward. Salim to me runs about like a lost chicken. He and Moore lack basic ball control. Apart from that we were great. I still think we have a decent squad but I do wonder if coach and players are on the same page at times.

100 per cent better than last week,shame about the score,were unlucky,but keeper sold 1st goal,on this showing coach deserves more games,but as said previously being sucked to the wrong end of league,play like today with no errors    I wish

Thought we were really good first 20 minutes unlucky not to score . Glad we played 4 at the back . We seem to have a big problem when we go behind the players seem to lose confidence. I like the squad and I liked the team before the kick off . Thought Galt was good.
After watching the cup games at the start of the season I thought we would be up challenging for promotion Mark Roberts has signed some really good players but clarity is now required. Are we going professional if so what a boost to the current squad if not then we may have a problem.
Hope the members make the right decision..... when is the vote the sooner the better as it is affecting the performance in my opinion.
Spartans next in the cup hated the cup game my worst ever experience with Queens with their fans wearing Mexican hats behind the goal .
Go professional and get revenge for that loss ... hope I’m right

2 hours ago, bobthespider said:

Thought we were really good first 20 minutes unlucky not to score . Glad we played 4 at the back . We seem to have a big problem when we go behind the players seem to lose confidence. I like the squad and I liked the team before the kick off . Thought Galt was good.
After watching the cup games at the start of the season I thought we would be up challenging for promotion Mark Roberts has signed some really good players but clarity is now required. Are we going professional if so what a boost to the current squad if not then we may have a problem.
Hope the members make the right decision..... when is the vote the sooner the better as it is affecting the performance in my opinion.
Spartans next in the cup hated the cup game my worst ever experience with Queens with their fans wearing Mexican hats behind the goal .
Go professional and get revenge for that loss ... hope I’m right

Really. All the teams below us are professional.

15 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Your username doesn’t match the inevitable ending for your chosen trajectory.

Scott Mclean told me to my face after the Peterhead game he was defo coming back. Roberts confirmed he wanted him. And then Scott left. What changed?

Mark Ferry was definitely coming back as well. The sort of invaluable experience we're crying out for. Same question applies. 

Liam Brown would also come back.

Attracting players to the Club becomes a lot easier if we can offer professional football and these guys ain't looking for huge sums of money. It also gives you the opportunity to retain Joffrey who signed for us without a job and therefore was earning nothing at all.

8 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Liam Brown would also come back.

Attracting players to the Club becomes a lot easier if we can offer professional football and these guys ain't looking for huge sums of money. It also gives you the opportunity to retain Joffrey who signed for us without a job and therefore was earning nothing at all.

It's imperative that we get to Lesser Hampden with our league status in place. As Gerry Crawley said, what would be the point in building a second stand for Lowland League crowds? The home support would dwindle, there were be very few away fans, sponsorship would be even harder to attract, as would new players and fans. It's a no-brainer. We have to give ourselves the best chance of being a competitive league side. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

It's imperative that we get to Lesser Hampden with our league status in place. As Gerry Crawley said, what would be the point in building a second stand for Lowland League crowds? The home support would dwindle, there were be very few away fans, sponsorship would be even harder to attract, as would new players and fans. It's a no-brainer. We have to give ourselves the best chance of being a competitive league side. 

M ferry is well past his best,having seen him for lakeside  l brown was pretty good for borough agree with an86

Since Mark took permanent charge his record is:

9 wins ,15  draws ,18 lost in all competitions. I feel the next 3 or 4 weeks will determine if the club stick with Mark. With the move from Hampden the club may feel they have to act to avoid being dragged down into a relegation batle with all the change happening at our club.

I like the fact that he seen it need to be change on Saturday.

Cant legislate for another Willie error.

After seeing the game yesterday and watching the highlights today we played quite well and a lot of chances. Unfortunately our strikers are not out and out goalscorers. We need another striker to be able to mix things up. I know we signed Alfie as a striker but he is better out wide and is better as an impact sub. I dont know how Joffrey got MOTM.  Why was Reagan left out?

Galty has to stay on his feet more and stop shooting just for the sake of it. Start passing and continue your runs.

After watching him against thistle I thought he would have been at least on the bench for that bit of creativity later in the game. He was not a happy yesterday.

Switching the full backs every other week and dropping our captain will not be doing much for team morale. 

50 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Since Mark took permanent charge his record is:

9 wins ,15  draws ,18 lost in all competitions. I feel the next 3 or 4 weeks will determine if the club stick with Mark. With the move from Hampden the club may feel they have to act to avoid being dragged down into a relegation batle with all the change happening at our club.

Spartans is absolutely massive for Mark Roberts. If we can get through that with a comfortable win, we've a couple of games to follow on the road, which is where we've been better. 

However, being knocked out of the cup by a side who lost 3-1 at home to Caledonian Braves yesterday would be sackable offence territory. I want him to succeed and believe we've got the players to stay in the league comfortably. It needs to start turning in the coming weeks, though. Mark Roberts will know that more than anyone. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Spartans is absolutely massive for Mark Roberts. If we can get through that with a comfortable win, we've a couple of games to follow on the road, which is where we've been better. 

However, being knocked out of the cup by a side who lost 3-1 at home to Caledonian Braves yesterday would be sackable offence territory. I want him to succeed and believe we've got the players to stay in the league comfortably. It needs to start turning in the coming weeks, though. Mark Roberts will know that more than anyone. 

I totally agree. I would not advocate Mark Roberts being sacked. However I think it is obvious that the pressure is on him. His constant feuding with linesmen and referees in recent weeks suggests to me that the strain is telling. No need for that Mark, your job is to encourage and coach the lads on the park. You are experienced enough to know that arguing with officials only brings one winner.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Anyone know who the Annan Trialist keeper was? At first glance I thought he was the bus driver but as the game went on he showed some experience and excellent positioning. He knew his way around goalkeeping.

I genuinely don't know Willie, but coincidentally or otherwise I thought he bore a resemblance to Rab Douglas, but surely he's way past it now.