Brechin City v The Binos

The Stirling defence and in particular the centre half alongside Pabs was getting away with manhandling McManus at every opportunity. More than happy for refs not to card players willy nilly but the number of fouls that should have been given for us yesterday was incredible.

55 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Mckendrick is one of the better refs in the League - enough experience and sense to refrain from littering games with cards as is the fashion nowadays. Fans complaining have been conditioned to expect cards right, left and centre

No - we expect a blatent trip in the box to be a penalty or being brought down in the edge of the box to be a free kick. Also it was disheartening to see the guy running the show for Stirling to be allowed to foul continually without being penalised. But again a good game with neither team looking like relegation fodder.

The ref was pretty poor and missed a few key decisions, but either way we should have lost that game and it took a fantastic save from McMinn to keep the scores level.  Our lack of fitness late on in the last two games has really shown, I think it demonstrates how much effort the players are putting in.  Definite progress being made but there's a long way to go.

On 06/10/2019 at 00:31, headthebaw said:

A couple of posters here commenting on Brechin players fitness levels. Is it true that Mark Wilson has changed the training night schedule?

Yes the boys train Mon & Wed now as the gaffer prefers this

15 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Mckendrick is one of the better refs in the League - enough experience and sense to refrain from littering games with cards as is the fashion nowadays. Fans complaining have been conditioned to expect cards right, left and centre

We don't mind that at all. When he turns his back on the crucial decisions though , it becomes a bit frustrating. 

19 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

Time will tell I suppose.

If it was our manager making changes to suit commitments elsewhere I'd question where his priorities lay.

If he gets the right results no-one will care. If not...

Having said that, the bigger issue is surely lack of pies at the Glebe on Saturday by half time. Or any hot food for that matter! I managed to get a scrape of soup - just enough for a cup - in about 40 mins. I guess the club had a reasonable expectation that Stirling would bring next to no travelling support but even still, seems like a bit of an oversight. At least we have a few weeks to get the catering, and the fitness, up to scratch

If he gets the right results no-one will care. If not...
Having said that, the bigger issue is surely lack of pies at the Glebe on Saturday by half time. Or any hot food for that matter! I managed to get a scrape of soup - just enough for a cup - in about 40 mins. I guess the club had a reasonable expectation that Stirling would bring next to no travelling support but even still, seems like a bit of an oversight. At least we have a few weeks to get the catering, and the fitness, up to scratch

Bit surprised Brechin expected the Albion to bring next to no support, we have the biggest travelling support in League 2. Don’t know what Brechin average home gate is but would expect it would be more when the Albion boys visit.

15 hours ago, headthebaw said:

Time will tell I suppose.

If it was our manager making changes to suit commitments elsewhere I'd question where his priorities lay.

That's maybe what's wrong with Scottish football . Some people just don't like change and are not prepared to accommodate or compromise. 

Bit surprised Brechin expected the Albion to bring next to no support, we have the biggest travelling support in League 2. Don’t know what Brechin average home gate is but would expect it would be more when the Albion boys visit.

Cove brought more a few weeks back.

It was a better support than what I’d expect from most in this division but it didn’t look like more than 3 figures.