Brechin City v The Binos

Crunch game this Saturday for the these teams at the bottom.

Both teams will be hoping to pick up the 3 points and it could be an interesting game at Glebe Park. For the Binos we need to start scoring goals only 4 in 8 games pitiful. For Brechin they have the chance to move up the League if they win and Elgin lose to Albion Rovers.

Could this be the game we get our first away win of the season I hope so. Going for us to get the points with a narrow 1-0 victory.

A wee air of optimism at the glebe after a very good win last Saturday. 

This is our chance to open up a wee gap and possibly climb another place in the league.  Won't be easy though with Pabs determined to prove himself at his old stomping ground. 

Difficult one to predict ...........as all Brechin games are ! ............  but I am quietly confident. 

This is bound to be a draw!  

Both teams will be scared to lose so it will be a very close contest.

Brechin probably got a wee boost from last weekends win and (if there's to be a goal)  I could see them nick another win here, probably 1-0

We’ve simply got to win, think it would be a disaster to slip 4 points behind Brechin and potentially Elgin, especially when the preseason goal was promotion.

I have faith we can do it, the scores against Elgin. Annan & Stenny have been positive and I hope for everyone involved with the club that we are turning the corner.

10 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

We’ve simply got to win, think it would be a disaster to slip 4 points behind Brechin and potentially Elgin, especially when the preseason goal was promotion.

I have faith we can do it, the scores against Elgin. Annan & Stenny have been positive and I hope for everyone involved with the club that we are turning the corner.

Agree need to get something from todays game, it would be great if we can get the win. Reports that Dylan Bikey is rated doubtful for today and that would be a big loss for us up front but we hopefully have other players ready to step up like Sean Heaver made an impact when he came on last week and scored, Cammy Thomson is another who could start today, just hope at 4.50 we will be leaving Glebe Park smiling. 

The draw was perhaps always the safest bet for this one, but 1-1 doesn’t really tell the full story. Thought City were the better team for about an hour - we took the lead and Stirling fans started to get on their team’s back, then McManus could have put us two up from another McLaughlin cross from the left. Had that gone in I reckon that would have been the ballgame but Albion then started to come right back into it, which coincided with us seeming to run out of legs, rather worryingly. At one point we had three guys out of action on the pitch. We ended up really hanging on and were probably lucky not to lose - couldn’t quite see from down the other end but it looked as though McMinn made yet another good save to tip one onto the bar. Emile Ngoy did head one back from  almost behind the post that unfortunately found a Stirling shirt on the line rather than a red one.

Not a disaster but the players definitely need to do some extra strength and conditioning work or something, based on that evidence. Also I wouldn’t have taken Knox off so early. I know he flits in and out of games but he does offer an out ball. Once he was off, the ball just kept coming back at us despite McManus’s undoubted efforts

From a neutrals point of view a really entertaining game with neither side looking like bottom of the league candidates. From a City point of view we were badly treated by a one sided  ref today. Albion’s number 8 was allowed to foul nonstop without punishment and a number of blatent fouls were not given to us - especially the trip on Hill in the penalty area in the first half and then on Ngoy in the second. Having said all that by full time we were hanging on for a point.  We’ll play much worse and win.

Took this one in. Agree largely with Infirmary Street above.

Brechin the better team for 70 mins; McManus and someone else unlucky with really close range efforts. Big Emil late in seemed agonisingly short of converting.

Last 20 mins all Stirling, McMinn a great late tip onto the bar and some wasteful finishing prevented them securing an unlikely win. Stirling’s better fitness really paid off.

Promising patches in the game for both sides. I thought Brechin passed the ball very well in patches, but they really are unfit, and until that’s addressed they’ll find it tough.

That’s a key task for the new manager and he may need to be ruthless in shipping out those who can’t / win’t reach an acceptable level of fitness by the Jan window.

Also far too one-dimensional; the goalkeeper always blooters it down the park looking for McManus from dead ball situations and it’s so predictable. Ludicrous once big Emil came on late in the game; he’s about a foot taller.

Stirling looked okay too and pretty dangerous once Daryl Duffy came on. Look a bit lightweight up front but certainly not bottom of the league material.

Thought the game was entertaining. Having seen many Montrose-Shire wooden spoon encounters back in the day, the quality wasn’t all that bad. Both sides should be well clear of bother come late April on this evidence.

12 hours ago, OldRed said:

From a neutrals point of view a really entertaining game with neither side looking like bottom of the league candidates. From a City point of view we were badly treated by a one sided  ref today. Albion’s number 8 was allowed to foul nonstop without punishment and a number of blatent fouls were not given to us - especially the trip on Hill in the penalty area in the first half and then on Ngoy in the second. Having said all that by full time we were hanging on for a point.  We’ll play much worse and win.

Good summary . I agree about the ref. McKendrick has never been very kind to us in the past but he was brutal yesterday. Pabs was another who got away with constant fouling, mainly climbing over McManus ............something he always got booked for when at us . 

That said it didn't take away from Albion's performance in the second half.  They pummelled our defence for the last 15-20 mins and as was said we were left hanging on. McMinn had to be at his best with a  world class save  near the end to keep us in it. 

I think we are starting to see signs of improvement in our style of play .  More players are more comfortable with the ball now, especially the back lot .  A lot less punting it just to get rid  (apart from the last 10 mins when we were under the cosh ).  Pongo not at his best which was a shame as he was seemingly very influential last week. 

Overall fairly happy to get the draw but I think we might have sneaked it had Shagger's 2nd header had gone in. 

Good summary . I agree about the ref. McKendrick has never been very kind to us in the past but he was brutal yesterday. Pabs was another who got away with constant fouling, mainly climbing over McManus ............something he always got booked for when at us .

Felt the ref yesterday had a decent game, let play carry on and only blew if he felt it was a foul. One of the better refs we have had this season on our travels. We have had some shockers at Forthbank this season refereeing our games but felt Mr McKendrick was okay by the usual standards of League 2 referees. He can turn up at Forthbank anytime. [emoji3]

2 hours ago, rhliston said:
8 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Felt the ref yesterday had a decent game, let play carry on and only blew if he felt it was a foul. One of the better refs we have had this season on our travels. We have had some shockers at Forthbank this season refereeing our games but felt Mr McKendrick was okay by the usual standards of League 2 referees. He can turn up at Forthbank anytime. emoji3.png

Cheers Pabs. ;)

5 hours ago, rhliston said:
10 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Felt the ref yesterday had a decent game, let play carry on and only blew if he felt it was a foul. One of the better refs we have had this season on our travels. We have had some shockers at Forthbank this season refereeing our games but felt Mr McKendrick was okay by the usual standards of League 2 referees. He can turn up at Forthbank anytime. emoji3.png

Kinda proves my point about the ref if Stirling fans thought he was ok!