Arbroath vs Clyde

BullyWeeLad

Two teams in great form and a cracking away day for Clyde fans this has all the makings to be a proper cup tie, definitely wouldn’t have been my first pick for the draw but it is what it is.

Still think there is plenty of time for Arbroath’s bubble to burst but obviously the home team will be favourites, anything can happen in the cup.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Don’t think anyone in Arbroath is excited about seeing a rapist grace Gayfield

Can imagine if this was the semi final or, if we were in the same division, a match where Arbroath could clinch a title. Arbroath fans not bothered or excited by it because of an opposition player :lol: 

Onto the game I look at Arbroaths squad and don't see much to worry about but they're obviously where they are on merit so won't underestimate them as such. We were pish on Saturday against Angus II and will need a big improvement. Goodie back in for Smith and I would sit Love out this one aswell as he's looking more and more unfit/injured each week. Not sure whod I'd replace him with at left mid though that would give McNiff the same protection. 

I think Dick Campbell plans quite a few team changes after making wholesale changes also against Dundee. He seems keen to use all the squad but this Saturdays 11 will be no weaker or stronger than any other weak. We’ve a fairly poor record in cup games against ‘lower league’ opponents at Gayfield to say the least. We’ll need to be right up for it

On 08/10/2019 at 08:23, lichtie23 said:

Don’t think anyone in Arbroath is excited about seeing a rapist grace Gayfield

Arbroath are tinpot, wasn’t expecting much hype from you lot just Clyde, I know you lot don’t have a lot of fans 

16 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Have they got internet in arbroath yet or just bigger toons like Carnoustie and Monty etc?!

This is the sort of posts I've missed while we've not been in the same division as Clyde. :rolleyes: The problem here, apart from the dreadful patter, is that there are posts on this thread from people located in Arbroath prior to you making this post. At least get it in before that's the case FFS.

10 hours ago, Plesslitchie said:

Raith fans obsession with us is just getting embarrassing now, trailing through our cup feeds now too, It's international week, have a day off mate 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I had no idea how hard last year hit Raith fans, and how badly they've taken being completely outdone by a 'fat peaky blinder' and a diddy part time team from Angus. A few weeks ago some Raith fan was still fuming about how scummy we are and how we went out to target Lewis Vaughan when we played Raith etc. Utterly bizarre stuff - it would appear anyone who has put in any sort of challenge on Vaughan when he's been on the pitch in the past 18 months has 'targeted' him. Imagine football players tackling players on the opposition team - disgraceful.

In terms of this game, I don't think anyone on either side really gives much of a shit to be honest. It would be nice for us to offer some sort of attacking threat upfront against a team in a lower division, but we played 2 upfront from January onwards last year and had the same goalscoring issues (well, the strikers we currently have our books did at least) so I'm not really of the opinion that we'll suddenly become some sort of free scoring team by changing to a 4-4-2 from 4-5-1. Every goal we've scored this season in the league has been put in the net by Bobby Linn or assisted by him.