Your Clubs Best Players

1. Scott Allan.  How he hasn't fashioned a career at a bigger club outside of Hibs is a mystery to all of us.  A wonderfully gifted midfielder with as good an eye for a pass as I have ever seen in our league.  Some of his laser guided through-balls are eye-wateringly good (his one at Ibrox earlier this season being a prime example).

2. Florian Kamberi.  As has been said, a total confidence player.  He is strong, quick, has an explosive finish in his locker and good feet.  It is always a worry when his head drops as he really does go off the boil, but luckily Jack Ross seems to have resurrected him into the big Swiss/Albanian baller that he is.  Under Lennon, he was bulked up and ended up having the touch of an elephant, but the old Flo is back. 

3. Stevie Mallan.  Controversial I know, but I actually really rate Mallan.  His problem is he was asked by Hecky to be a CDM (which he 100% is NOT) and has been displaced by one of our best midfielders in 10+ years in Scott Allan who occupies his preferred spot.  He has a wicked shot and good eye for a pass.  He was our POTY for a reason last season, but a lot of fans seem to forget it as I think they expected him to be a like-for-like replacement with John McGinn which he simply is not (and nobody ever will be). 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's difficult to name Aberdeen's best player, when it changes every week. Sometimes even 2 or 3 times a game.

But, the only one's I wouldn't shoot after last weekend are ;

Big Sam - If he played for the OF, he would be a 20 million quid player.  He's like a taller, blonder, calmer, far more handsomer version of Morelos.  Thank f**k for his goals, otherwise we'd already be relegated.

Lewis Ferguson - A 20 year old brick shithouse that enjoys starting fights in empty rooms.  It seems like he's been in the team forever, yet he only played his first game for us 16 months ago. Will eventually move onto something bigger and better than us, where he'll be able to pick fights at a much higher level.

Joe Lewis - Ignore all that pish about Forster and his lucky 90 minutes on Sunday.  Super Joe is by far the best keeper in the country, all the more so because he has to constantly mop up after a non-existant midfield and jittery defence have made an arse of stopping the opposition pouring forward. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Dykes - An absolute pain in the arse to play against. Excellent link up play, aggressive, fast, strong, good in the air. Suits our style of play to a tee.

Pittman - A club legend. Not quite been at his best post-injury but usually an absolute workhorse and a real threat in front of goal.

Bartley - Such a composed player. Strong, calm with the ball at his feet and a brilliant leader. A stalwart so far this season.

21 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's difficult to name Aberdeen's best player, when it changes every week. Sometimes even 2 or 3 times a game.

But, the only one's I wouldn't shoot after last weekend are ;

Big Sam - If he played for the OF, he would be a 20 million quid player.  He's like a taller, blonder, calmer, far more handsomer version of Morelos.  Thank f**k for his goals, otherwise we'd already be relegated.

Lewis Ferguson - A 20 year old brick shithouse that enjoys starting fights in empty rooms.  It seems like he's been in the team forever, yet he only played his first game for us 16 months ago. Will eventually move onto something bigger and better than us, where he'll be able to pick fights at a much higher level.

Joe Lewis - Ignore all that pish about Forster and his lucky 90 minutes on Sunday.  Super Joe is by far the best keeper in the country, all the more so because he has to constantly mop up after a non-existant midfield and jittery defence have made an arse of stopping the opposition pouring forward. 

There isn't an argument for anyone other than these 3.

Mckenna could be in the discussion if he decided to wake the f**k up this season but don't think he will until he leaves.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

There isn't an argument for anyone other than these 3.

Mckenna could be in the discussion if he decided to wake the f**k up this season but don't think he will until he leaves.

McKenna is really slow on the turn and this has shown him up several times this season. Not so sure about his big move anymore.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 13:14, AberdeenHibee said:

3. Stevie Mallan.  Controversial I know, but I actually really rate Mallan.  His problem is he was asked by Hecky to be a CDM (which he 100% is NOT) and has been displaced by one of our best midfielders in 10+ years in Scott Allan who occupies his preferred spot.  He has a wicked shot and good eye for a pass.  He was our POTY for a reason last season, but a lot of fans seem to forget it as I think they expected him to be a like-for-like replacement with John McGinn which he simply is not (and nobody ever will be). 

Wild

Scott Allan - Sweet reverse shroo balls.

Martin Boyle - He makes such a difference to our team. So quick and gets in behind constantly. Only winger of any quality we’ve got.

Melker Hallberg - Been really impressed by him. Not a natural defensive midfielder but filling in well and often holds things together by himself while Scott Allan/Mallan are away making sure they don’t need to tackle.

Kamberi maybe a bit unlucky to miss out but he’s only just started turning up again now. So dreadfully inconsistent. 

Edited by Zing.

3 hours ago, Zing. said:

Scott Allan - Sweet reverse shroo balls.

Martin Boyle - He makes such a difference to our team. So quick and gets in behind constantly. Only winger of any quality we’ve got.

Melker Hallberg - Been really impressed by him. Not a natural defensive midfielder but filling in well and often holds things together by himself while Scott Allan/Mallan are away making sure they don’t need to tackle.

Kamberi maybe a bit unlucky to miss out but he’s only just started turning up again now. So dreadfully inconsistent. 

Completely skimmed over Melker Hallberg, maybe because he is quite fresh in the door still. 100% one of our best players already. Absolutely strolling it.