All Under One Banner Edinburgh

jester

8 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I once met a guy who claimed that he was homeless. Upon further inspection, I found that he had constructed a shelter from cardboard boxes, therefore he wasn't really 'homeless' was he.

I am very clever.

Was he also wearing shoes? Can't be poor if you are wearing shoes. 

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

1. It was cash in hand work so what makes you think he wasn't getting money for another fortnight? He might be working again for cash the day after too..... 

2. The same evidence that you have that the guy in trainers wouldn't get more money for a fortnight 

Exactly. I have no evidence; nor did you. But I'm not condemning anyone on zero evidence.

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

3. Nope. Wonderful weather all fortnight. Each day we'd check our CCTV cameras at home and see it was raining. I'd turn to the missus and say I hope these "All Under One Banner" wankers are soaked to the skin. 

Hang on - weren't you here counting the marchers? Now you say you were away on holiday for a fortnight. Your lies aren't holding up.

And the march was only on one day, so why would you hope we were soaked *each day*?

Luxury.

We were lucky if we got a paper bag over our heads, and grateful. Still voting Tory and proud of it. Mind you, my neighbours all think I'm a c**t so have had to install cctv that I watch all the time on holiday.

4 hours ago, Malky3 said:

While we were away we noticed that those SNP wankers made it even more expensive to be Scottish too. Maybe they think we drive to work as a choice...

I hope Malky can name a Scottish Council that has implemented this. If he can't, it's just another lie. But hey, SNP baaaaaddddd.

The only council that I'm aware of that has used its powers to raise a workplace parking levy is Labour-controlled Nottingham. That's in England, where any council (apart from those in Greater London) can impose the charge. I believe that Birmingham are also considering introducing a similar scheme.

You would think that Malky would want  Scottish Councils to have similar powers to  their English equivalents, seeing as he believes that we're all British together.

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

Exactly. I have no evidence; nor did you. But I'm not condemning anyone on zero evidence.

Hang on - weren't you here counting the marchers? Now you say you were away on holiday for a fortnight. Your lies aren't holding up.

And the march was only on one day, so why would you hope we were soaked *each day*?

I'm not the one telling everyone about them and writing them off as living in poverty. The dubious honour of that and the poverty assumptions are all being made by your fellow nationalists. 

And no I wasn't on here counting marchers. I think you've let yourself get carried away on the back of others fantasies. 

3 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I hope Malky can name a Scottish Council that has implemented this. If he can't, it's just another lie. But hey, SNP baaaaaddddd.

The only council that I'm aware of that has used its powers to raise a workplace parking levy is Labour-controlled Nottingham. That's in England, where any council (apart from those in Greater London) can impose the charge. I believe that Birmingham are also considering introducing a similar scheme.

You would think that Malky would want  Scottish Councils to have similar powers to  their English equivalents, seeing as he believes that we're all British together.

Give it time. They only voted it into existance on Thursday. Most councils won't have met since then. 

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Give it time. They only voted it into existance on Thursday. Most councils won't have met since then. 

Yes, and only 2 Scottish councils out of 32 have said that they may introduce it in the future. How does this make it "more expensive to be Scottish"? It is unlikely to cost me (and millions of other Scots) a penny.

I note that you've also completely ignored the fact that most English councils have had the power to introduce the levy for more than 10 years, and that only one has done so to date.

You appear to be so intent on your "SNP baaaaddd" trolling, that you are blind to reality.

51 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Yes, and only 2 Scottish councils out of 32 have said that they may introduce it in the future. How does this make it "more expensive to be Scottish"? It is unlikely to cost me (and millions of other Scots) a penny.

I note that you've also completely ignored the fact that most English councils have had the power to introduce the levy for more than 10 years, and that only one has done so to date.

You appear to be so intent on your "SNP baaaaddd" trolling, that you are blind to reality.

The two being SNP controlled Glasgow and Edinburgh? Affecting the majority of businesses who are already taxed for parking spaces and well over 600,000 working Scots.....and thats only so far - isn't it? 

The fact is that had the SNP not voted for this not so stealthy tax no Scots would have had to pay it. The SNP have imposed a premium on being Scottish through income tax, minimum alcohol pricing, and now through this new parking tax. And none of that begins to cover the £12.6Bn that Scotland would lose from the Barnett Formula if we were stupid enough to vote for independence. 

Edited by Malky3

6 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

1) The SNP don't have a majority in Glasgow

2) The SNP don't have a majority in Edinburgh

3) The majority of Scottish businesses are not based in our 2 largest cities.

4) There aren't 600,000 business parking spaces that would be subject to a workplace parking levy in Glasgow & Edinburgh combined. There are only just under 3 million vehicles in the whole country, so I doubt that 20% of them are employed by Glasgow & Edinburgh businesses with private car parking

5) You appear to be refusing to address the fact that the ability to levy this tax has been available elsewhere in your precious UK for more than 10 years. Why?

That's five major mistakes in 26 words, without even including the misuse of elipses. You need to improve your trolling.

TELT.

7 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

1) The SNP don't have a majority in Glasgow

2) The SNP don't have a majority in Edinburgh

3) The majority of Scottish businesses are not based in our 2 largest cities.

4) There aren't 600,000 business parking spaces that would be subject to a workplace parking levy in Glasgow & Edinburgh combined. There are only just under 3 million vehicles in the whole country, so I doubt that 20% of them are employed by Glasgow & Edinburgh businesses with private car parking

5) You appear to be refusing to address the fact that the ability to levy this tax has been available elsewhere in your precious UK for more than 10 years. Why?

That's five major mistakes in 26 words, without even including the misuse of elipses. You need to improve your trolling.

390,000 work in Edinburgh, more than that work in Glasgow. We aren't just talking City Centres here. Retail Parks like Fort Kinnaird, Silverburn, and the Glasgow Fort would be affected. All the major supermarkets would be affected. Those working at Edinburgh Airport, RBS or at many of the companies around the Gyle will be affected. The NHS gers an exemption but police and staff at Govan won't and neither will Fire Fighters in those City's even though some affected are retained fire fighters who have to respond quickly when not on duty. 

And all this will be imposed before there is any improvement to public transport with many commuter towns and villages around both cities completely cut off from public transport. 

This is Sturgeons Poll Tax and the electorate won't forgive it. 

The biggest reddie on the workplace parking is the SNP taking credit for devolving powers to local councils when the reality is that it was a condition of support from the Greens rather than an SNP policy.  Opportunists, the lot of them.

As an environmental measure, there isn't even any cost/benefit analysis on the abortion of a policy.  Leaving it solely to councils (who have been reducing funding on busses) without requiring any benchmarks for minimum public transport exposes this as the ideological nonsense typical of the Greens.

On 12/10/2019 at 08:06, Malky3 said:

"Something special"? Surely that would be giving your newly independent Scottish Government a budget that is £12.6Bn less than they currently get and then expecting them to deliver with more houses for the homeless. They might deliver on less wealth inequality right enough....raising taxes so much that the wealthy move away hitting tax revenues further. Yep the race to be equally poor would really be on. 

Poverty in Scotland today is nothing like the poverty you see across the world. For most who fall below the poverty line in Scotland it means one trip to Turkey per year to stock up on fags. 

How many times are we going to do this? It has nothing to do with the Scottish Government budget. The Scottish Government budget from Westminster is approximately £33bn a year. Just over 50% of the tax revenues that we send to the UK treasury. The other 40%+ is spent in secret by the UK Government, as is the £12.6bn they borrow and claim to be Scotlands share of the UK deficit.

If thats your idea of the impact of poverty in Scotland, then clearly you've never experienced poverty in Scotland. Which isn't surprising, seeing as you don't even live in Scotland.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

How many times are we going to do this? It has nothing to do with the Scottish Government budget. The Scottish Government budget from Westminster is approximately £33bn a year. Just over 50% of the tax revenues that we send to the UK treasury. The other 40%+ is spent in secret by the UK Government, as is the £12.6bn they borrow and claim to be Scotlands share of the UK deficit.

If thats your idea of the impact of poverty in Scotland, then clearly you've never experienced poverty in Scotland. Which isn't surprising, seeing as you don't even live in Scotland.

Last time I checked Glasgow was quite definitely still in Scotland.

There's no point arguing with you. You have proven you cannot provide alternative costs for the shared services provided by Westminster that you call "hidden" and "secret". You just want us all to assume that they don't exist and that an Independent Scotland would be able to collect it's own tax revenue for free -  no doubt cause it's the only way it makes your figures stack up. 

Most of Scotland isn't being fooled. 

4 hours ago, Malky3 said:

390,000 work in Edinburgh, more than that work in Glasgow. We aren't just talking City Centres here. Retail Parks like Fort Kinnaird, Silverburn, and the Glasgow Fort would be affected. All the major supermarkets would be affected. Those working at Edinburgh Airport... ...will be affected.

TL:DR - Malky's talking shite again

The facts:

According to the Scotsman (no friend of the SNP)... 

The Scottish Parliament Information Centre "calculated Edinburgh has roughly 39,000 workplace parking places which would be liable for the charge under the the WPL, but with more than 330,000 people working in the city, the centre said the majority would be unaffected by the change"

In addition, Malky obviously has very limited comprehension skills if he believes that a workplace levy will apply to me if I visit a supermarket in Edinburgh. Why would I be liable for a workplace levy in Edinburgh when I work in Argyll?

Finally, using Malky's Edinburgh Airport example, I would point out that when he suggests that Edinburgh Airport employees will be affected, he fails to take the following points into account

1. Edinburgh Airport Limited has only 661 employees
  2. I doubt very much that all those employees will travel to work in individual vehicles. A number will already car-share, use public transport or walk to work
  3. For all we know, the staff that do take their cars to work may already have to pay for parking
  4. Employees at Edinburgh Airport will only pay the levy in the following circumstances:
    1. If the City of Edinburgh Council introduce the levy
    2. If the City of Edinburgh Council do not exempt the airport workplace parking spaces from the levy
    3. If Edinburgh Airport Ltd choose to pass the liability to pay the levy onto their employees
    4. If the limited number of employees that currently choose to take a vehicle to work continue to do so
  5. That's a lot of "if's". However, if they all come to pass, these employees will be among the 39,000 identified workplace parking space users in Edinburgh. That's a lot fewer than Malky's claimed 390,000. 10 times less, in fact.
  6. Finally, just for completeness, Glasgow's 2 airports will not be affected, as neither of them are in the Glasgow Council area.

So, as I pointed out a number of posts ago, Malky's estimate of the number of people that may be affected by the tax is a complete & utter fantasy, just like most of his trolling nonsense