All Under One Banner Edinburgh

jester

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t know her politics but reckon she’d be pretty right wing.

She reminds me of the ‘conservative’ SNP people who were kicking around when I was active in politics.

Well she does talk posh but then she is a QC.

4 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Was one of the yesbikers taking part yesterday , the ride up the royal mile was breathtaking, way more than 20,000 there BTW .

PMSL at the yoons counter protest , if looks could kill , what an angry looking mob 😂

11,286 there, way less thsn 20,000 🙂

5 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Definitely not. I hope for and expect a realignment of the left in Scottish politics and a new fresh Labour type party to emerge, although I fully expect the SNP to win the first Scottish GE after  as the party who delivered independence basking in their glory.

I think that this would be good for Scottish politics if it could happen, every party needs some competition and the "safe seat" environment isn't healthy, votes should be earnt. I wouldn't be hopeful of such realignment in the near future though, the problem is that there are few decent politicians coming through at Labour (or anywhere really) and they won't suddenly appear from nowhere. 

4 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Here's his proof - a totally truthful unbiased source - Mr Mankyjacket himself

Screenshot 2019-10-06 at 15.43.21.png

If he gets his figures from a Holocaust denier who's too mental for even the Tories and Ukip then that's all we need to know.

On 09/09/2019 at 18:15, lichtgilphead said:

So, you'll condemn Mr Mankyjacket, the dressed-up fool?

I think this photo is from an Independence march in Inverness

Image result for alistair mcconnachie

On 09/09/2019 at 18:53, Glenanover said:

Yes I will. Total embarrassment.

And here's what Glen said last time we discussed Mankyjacket.

He agreed that he was a dressed-up fool, and called him a "total embarrassment"

Now Glen's quoting Mankyjacket's fantasy figures & presenting them as fact. What a minter.

18 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

And here's what Glen said last time we discussed Mankyjacket.

He agreed that he was a dressed-up fool, and called him a "total embarrassment"

Now Glen's quoting Mankyjacket's fantasy figures & presenting them as fact. What a minter.

And your point is ?

I stand by what I said about him before.

And that has nothing to do with them counting the number of marchers. The fantasy figures come from auob.

And what a sad sack you are looking back at threads to find a post to quote.

4 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I pretty much agree with the above. I'd place the SNP slightly left of centre though, not massively left.

In the event of a successful indy vote that there would be a considerable realignment in Scottish politics. A completely separate labour party (not the current branch office) could be highly relevant in the post-indy scene. The problem of course is where they get effective politicians from. Thundering imbeciles like Leonard, Jackie Baillie, Anais Sarwar etc etc aren't going to cut it.

Would the Tories become more moderate? Or would they fiercely campaign to rejoin the union? They surely wouldn't still have the utterly risible Jackson Carlaw as party leader. Would Colonel Cosplay make a return?

Will anyone still care about the Lib Dems?

It would certainly be a hugely fascinating period in Scottish politics.

I reckon in time the SNP would split. Cliche I know but they are a broad church with one massive goal in common. 

A new Labour party (although that name may remain toxic) would probably see some join from the remains of the SNP, ditto the new "tories" 

19 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
33 minutes ago, Glenanover said:
Been counted and the figure was 11,286.
Prove otherwise.

Counted by who?

Somebody with 11,286 fingers, presumably.