The Robert Jones Derby - 5/10/19

1 minute ago, Life on Marrs? said:

2 questions from todays game, After Dangana having his red card rescinded last week, could we appeal him not getting a yellow for the outrageous dive in the box this week?

and, has Dowds' shot near the end of the first half landed yet? 

Amazing how often the referees don't give a yellow for dives like that. Thought we had a better penalty shout when Andy Stirling tripped over the keeper earlier on but the highlights will no doubt reveal all.

Deserved point from Stranraer considering the second half. We should have been out of sight after the first half though. Hart looked at fault big time for the goal, caught in absolute no man's land, he never looks comfortable with crosses. Even when he punches he looks mega uncomfortable. There's no point having two goalkeepers to compete with each other if one of them's never getting a chance (the better one in my opinion!). I make that one clean sheet in 11? It's not all down to the keeper, but until the highlights prove me wrong this one was. Time to bring back Brett.

#BBB
Hart made the wrong decision which cost us a goal, if he had stayed on his line it could have been different, we looked like a team who had just met each other 5 mins before the start of the second half, game could have been won in the first half had we took our chances

3 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Blame that Rover on A view from the terrace, had us as his 'banker', at least I think that's the word he used.

Tbh I’m shocked Stranraer took anything from you as they’ve been woeful all season (apart from v Raith). Just hope it doesn’t derail you as I don’t want Falkirk or Raith back in the Championship 

Can only really echo what everyone else is saying. First half we were well on top and could easily have gone in two or three in front and I don't think Stranraer would have felt hard done by. Stranraer looked defensively shaky and we were creating chances at will.

Second half, totally different story. Stranraer were right up for it, played a very high temp aggressive game and we looked like we couldn't string two passes together. On the second half alone, Stranraer could easily have won that game. The only saving grace for the 45 minutes was that the defence held pretty firm. Have to put the goal down as an error on Hart's part. It was a ball he should have left.

In saying that, still undefeated in the league, 17 points and in second place after the first quarter is still a great achievement. And this team have definitely shown that they have what it takes to push Raith and Falkirk for the league this season. The second half today was probably our only genuinely poor 45 minutes in the league so far. Week off next week. Time to get today out the system, rest a few tired bodies and come out refresh against Forfar.

Sounds like we didn’t play that well but keeps the unbeaten run going. If we were offered 2nd place with 0 defeats after a quarter of the season we would have all accepted that.

Maybe the international break has came along at the right time for us.

Can only really echo what everyone else is saying. First half we were well on top and could easily have gone in two or three in front and I don't think Stranraer would have felt hard done by. Stranraer looked defensively shaky and we were creating chances at will.
Second half, totally different story. Stranraer were right up for it, played a very high temp aggressive game and we looked like we couldn't string two passes together. On the second half alone, Stranraer could easily have won that game. The only saving grace for the 45 minutes was that the defence held pretty firm. Have to put the goal down as an error on Hart's part. It was a ball he should have left.
In saying that, still undefeated in the league, 17 points and in second place after the first quarter is still a great achievement. And this team have definitely shown that they have what it takes to push Raith and Falkirk for the league this season. The second half today was probably our only genuinely poor 45 minutes in the league so far. Week off next week. Time to get today out the system, rest a few tired bodies and come out refresh against Forfar.

Agreed.

Back from the game and thinking- we had a poor second half( worse of the season!)- though need to recognise and acknowledge that Stranraer were excellent- and we still did not get beat.Actually we have gone the first quarter unbeaten!- remarkable achievement ( I hope I don’t wake up and find its all been a wonderful dream!)

A truly outstanding first quarter by the management and the players- we are in a rarified position in the league and I must remember not to be a fickle football fan.

Cant wait after a rest for the boys ( hopefully recovery of some nagging injuries) for next quarter- lets appreciate these great times for our club and by the way well done again Stranraer more performances like that you will be safe in the league!

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Sounds like we didn’t play that well but keeps the unbeaten run going. If we were offered 2nd place with 0 defeats after a quarter of the season we would have all accepted that.

Maybe the international break has came along at the right time for us.

Only you guys and Celtic unbeaten, impressive!! 

First half we could have had 3 or 4. Less said about the second half the better!

Young has got a lot right this season but he got today wrong. Going to 4-5-1 and putting Dowds out wide (where he struggled) invited pressure on and Stranraer deservedly got a draw, but only scored through a howler from Hart. I'd like to see Long back in next week. Midfield second half was non existent as we sat so deep and seemed content to protect a 1-0 lead.

Today was the worst we've been all season, yet we still didnt lose. Some achievement going the first quarter unbeaten.

35 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

Just heard a Stranraer fan arrived at the game at 3.20 was told at the turnstile he would have to go to the office for a ticket, went to the office ,No one was there, waited around for 15 mins gave up and went home

Why couldn't he pay cash? Was there no one at the turnstiles that late?

He obviously spoke to someone at the club then. Seems a bit of a breakdown in communication somewhere. Pretty pish, having presumably travelled a distance. Maybe something we can learn from, I know that won't make him feel better about it though.

I remember years ago, circa 1990, my dad went up to Arbroath for a midweek game that was postponed at short notice, he asked if there was anywhere he could get a bite to eat, having came straight from work, missing tea and it was torrential rain. One of the Arbroath players, ( I believe to be Ralph Brand,) got him in for some tea and toast. You appreciate these little things.

There would've been staff in the lounge, dealing with those in hospitality, but I don't know what control they have, surely one of them could've contacted an official, or volunteer.

3.35 today, would've been the perfect time for a Stranraer fan to arrive at today's match as well.

1 hour ago, monthe blues said:

Just heard a Stranraer fan arrived at the game at 3.20 was told at the turnstile he would have to go to the office for a ticket, went to the office ,No one was there, waited around for 15 mins gave up and went home

Can you PM me this fan's contact details please

Have to say it’s refreshing to read all the fair comments on here from EF fans , nice to see so many unbiased reports from opposing fans , sounds like a decent 45 mins from us but a very disappointing start to the season and so far , hopefully we can start playing for the full 90 mins . Best of luck for the rest of the season it’s looking promising for you ...

Tbh I’m shocked Stranraer took anything from you as they’ve been woeful all season (apart from v Raith). Just hope it doesn’t derail you as I don’t want Falkirk or Raith back in the Championship 

Not strictly true - our problem is that we’ve been very good, but only in patches - second half yesterday, first half at Airdrie, at Ayr in the cup - not nearly consistent enough!