The Robert Jones Derby - 5/10/19

A very disappointing (from an East Fife pov) game, it was the proverbial game of two halves, with the chances we created we should have been out of sight by halftime, probably by three or four goals and Stranraer wouldn’t have had any complaints, but we hardly had any efforts on target which is amazing considering how obvious the chances were that we created, the double fresh air swipe from Waldo and Tonks you would have to see again to believe and the shot from Tonks from about 6 yards out that ended up clearing the car park were truly awful, but that was against the wind so we were hopeful that with the wind in the second half we would put the game to bed but Stranraer actually came out and played as well as we had previously in the second half, dominating it but really not making that many clear cut chances!!!

At the time I honestly thought that their goal was gifted to them by Hart, but I’ll need to watch it again, he seemed to come for the cross, jump for it and then make no effort to deal with it!!!

A few players will have to hold their hands up and say they didn’t perform today, Tonks has been exceptional all season, but I think today was the worst I have ever seen him play, he just looked half-hearted and probably should have been hooked long before he was, Aggy didn’t dominate in the way we know he can and should and I thought Hart looked shakey for the entire second half, DY has been loyal to his starting 11 for a long time but I think a few of them let him down, perhaps he needs to freshen it up a bit, three draws in a row, although maintaining your unbeaten record does knock you out of that winning stride!!!

We had three good players come on as subs today but all of them look rusty through lack of game time, you especially wouldnt expect that of Janny, who would be a first pick in nearly every other Team in this division, perhaps we need a wee change and give the opposition something different to think about!!!

No complaints! Deserved point for Stranraer, an opportunity missed but still unbeaten and comfortably in the play off positions. We need to take our chances and we'll be right up there.

Fair result a game of two halves.

EF have a few boys clearly carrying injuries( eg Dowds- Waldo!)- after first quarter take that position in the league.!

Break coming at the right time.....

Every team has bad days and that can only be described as a bad day at the office. That’s only half the story and to be fair Stranraer second half to a man were excellent. However that said if we had taken our chances in the first half the second half wouldn’t have mattered. We had some great width first half from Dunsmore and Watt and they created a catalogue of chances that were passed up ironically our goal came from a great counter attack and Ryan Wallace took his chance very well. Second half and Stranraer really upped the tempo and we seemed to drop ours. We never pressed or showed any appetite for the game. Fair play to Stranraer they kept going and deservedly got the equaliser from a bad goalkeeping decision. Hart came for a cross trying to get through 6 or 7 players and got caught in no mans land. For all their possession second half they never really created much but we just got deeper and invited trouble. Our substitutions were an admission that we had lost the midfield battle, but even that didn’t change the flow of the game. I’d have taken your hand off for 9 games unbeaten . Think we need to arrange a friendly for next week as the guys that have been on the bench look really rusty and need some game time. 

Was just waiting for us to concede from reading the tweets coming in. So so frustrating to keep dropping points when we have so many chances and just don’t take them.

If you had offered me second in the league at the end of the first round of fixtures I would have bitten your hand off at the start of the season but it’s still a disappointing to know we would be top if we had taken our chances early doors. If we have genuine ambition to go up we need to start killing teams off.

Also just had to be that useless b*****d jones to score the equaliser...

First half, we could easily have been 3 or 4 goals up, second half, as bad as I have seen this season. We didn't look like we'd played together before. The slick passing was replaced by aimless punts up the park. Dowds who has been sensational, had his worst game. Just as well for him Duggan is injured. The second half has to be our worst performance of the season. As said previously Hart came for a cross, didn't get anywhere near it & was left in no-mans land. Just before that he did well, albiet fortunately to stop a one on one with his heel. Get Brett back! Still, to be unbeaten after the first quarter is fantastic, even more so when you consider we've had only one clean sheet, and that was Falkirk away. The next quarter will be tougher, but sitting in second, over the piece we've had a fantastic start to the season.

2 minutes ago, lukejoaitken said:

Was it Hart at fault for the goal? If it was the surely Long needs to be brought back on

He decided to go for it when he should have stayed on his line. If he had stayed on his line it was an easy catch from the header. 

Deserved point from Stranraer considering the second half. We should have been out of sight after the first half though. Hart looked at fault big time for the goal, caught in absolute no man's land, he never looks comfortable with crosses. Even when he punches he looks mega uncomfortable. There's no point having two goalkeepers to compete with each other if one of them's never getting a chance (the better one in my opinion!). I make that one clean sheet in 11? It's not all down to the keeper, but until the highlights prove me wrong this one was. Time to bring back Brett.

#BBB

Stranraer wanted it more in the second half and deserved their point. Happy with remaining unbeaten and with the position in the league, hope the dropped points don't come back to haunt us! Hart's decision making at times still has me watching through my hands, if that was an outfield player making regular bad decisions then you'd consider a change, just saying. However, we win as a team and draw as a team because we don't do losing [emoji6]