Retro Slang

Dee Man

2 hours ago, Deen1903 said:

Has bam died out in Aberdeen? And bamwagon for a souped up Fiat Cinquecento pumping out dance music while Bouley bashing

No quite, but the 5-0 howking by Cove at the start of the season almost caused my demise.... 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
10 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:
A wee keely

Theres a game with coins, which I belive is called pitch and toss. We used to call that keely

Aye. Closest to the wall won all the coppers & it was straight off to the newsagent to spend the winnings on Panini football stickers.

😀

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
10 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:
A wee keely

Theres a game with coins, which I belive is called pitch and toss. We used to call that keely

12 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Aye. Closest to the wall won all the coppers & it was straight off to the newsagent to spend the winnings on Panini football stickers.

😀

Aye it was called coiny in Aberdeen, if your coin leaned against the wall (a leaner) you won all the money.

It ended up getting banned at my school due to too many bams losing their lunch money.

30 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Aye it was called coiny in Aberdeen, if your coin leaned against the wall (a leaner) you won all the money.

It ended up getting banned at my school due to too many bams losing their lunch money.

Chipsy it went by here. A leaner was a thing of beauty, pretty sure some guys practiced like f**k on their own.

I regularly starved myself in the quest for the Shrewsbury Town silver club badge sticker.

Chipsy it went by here. A leaner was a thing of beauty, pretty sure some guys practiced like f**k on their own.
I regularly starved myself in the quest for the Shrewsbury Town silver club badge sticker.

I recall something similar down Glasgow in mid-00's called stanky which was closest coin to centre of a stank (manhole cover) wins.