caught anyone out?

Ylf

Years back, a girlfriend and I split up amicably and remained sociable afterwards. She went on to marry a guy who had a reputation (amongst everyone but her apparently) as a mad shagger. Despite the marriage he carried on putting it about just like before. I wanted to let her know but didn't, mostly because I was too feart of coming across as a bitter ex-boyfriend, looking to stir up trouble.

Later, when she did find out about it, she was furious that nobody had told her before.

"I thought you people were my friends but it seems you were more concerned with protecting him!" etc.

I've always felt bad about that.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

My first serious relationship, many years ago, when I shared a flat with a lovely girl who had been a childhood sweetheart since school days.

I wasn't too sure about the commitment thing and suggested that if either of us ever met anyone else who we really liked, it would okay for a brief fling, just so long as we still remained a couple. She wasn't very happy with this idea, but reluctantly agreed to give it a trial run.

Sadly things didn't work out and our relationship folded after about 3 months.

Basically, I just couldn't handle her persistent promiscuity. 

I like that this backfired on you. Not in a mean way but in a way where you thought you were a wee shagger without realising she is someone with a fanny and needs not try get podgered.

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I find it utterly bizarre that someone would remain in a relationship with a partner who’s cheated on them. Saying that, I’ve never been in that situation but I’m certain there would be no going back.

I suppose it what level of cheating it got to. I once stayed with a lassie who 'pulled/winched/necked' with somebody at a nightclub out her tits on bubbles. It took me a week to cheat on her and get dumped. 

I've no idea why I remained with her and there was clearly no trust there. 

Absolutely no chance would I be sticking around with somebody who got boabbee'd elsewhere whilst in a relationship with me.

I find it utterly bizarre that someone would remain in a relationship with a partner who’s cheated on them. Saying that, I’ve never been in that situation but I’m certain there would be no going back.
Yeah me too. A consquence of me trusting Mrs B absolutely without question or doubt is that if it was broken, theres no way it could be fixed. I would never be able to make it add up in my head again.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Yeah me too. A consquence of me trusting Mrs B absolutely without question or doubt is that if it was broken, theres no way it could be fixed. I would never be able to make it add up in my head again.

@Shandon Par

I suppose it what level of cheating it got to. I once stayed with a lassie who 'pulled/winched/necked' with somebody at a nightclub out her tits on bubbles. It took me a week to cheat on her and get dumped. 
I've no idea why I remained with her and there was clearly no trust there. 
Absolutely no chance would I be sticking around with somebody who got boabbee'd elsewhere whilst in a relationship with me.
A kiss would be enough for me tbh. A snog or a pumping is just the same; it's a betrayal of trust. The act itself is irrelevant.

I don't buy the booze excuse either for people as I think the booze just helps them to do what they really want to do.

Everyone will be different and it's no one elses place to judge but me and my Mrs are on the same page with this thankfully. I don't understand why people feel the need to cheat anyway. If you don't want to be with someone, tell them. Why put them through even more hurt and f**k their trust in any other relationships they have.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

He means apart from the obvious know queues that form at his front door when he’s away.

He's fine so long as she's doing it for the love of boaby and money. Anything else would be a breach of trust. 

A kiss would be enough for me tbh. A snog or a pumping is just the same; it's a betrayal of trust. The act itself is irrelevant.

I don't buy the booze excuse either for people as I think the booze just helps them to do what they really want to do.

Everyone will be different and it's no one elses place to judge but me and my Mrs are on the same page with this thankfully. I don't understand why people feel the need to cheat anyway. If you don't want to be with someone, tell them. Why put them through even more hurt and f**k their trust in any other relationships they have.
Life isn't this straightforward though.

Surely you've been out before with a group of folk (usually works nights out) and some flirting starts?

The idea that if you've ever wanted to shag someone else other than your partner then your relationship is not right is way too harsh. If you're 'always' wanting to shag someone else or you can't stop thinking about shagging someone else then that's a different matter.

Sometimes you need discipline.

Life isn't this straightforward though.

Surely you've been out before with a group of folk (usually works nights out) and some flirting starts?

The idea that if you've ever wanted to shag someone else other than your partner then your relationship is not right is way too harsh. If you're 'always' wanting to shag someone else or you can't stop thinking about shagging someone else then that's a different matter.

Sometimes you need discipline.

I'm not sure if you've picked my post up wrong. I don't see any harm in flirting. It's effectively banter. It's when it becomes a physical action I'd take issue with.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Fair comment, Monkman...

Going back to my own case (top of this page) maybe I should have pointed out that this was my first, and her first serious relationship. Looking back, and it was a long time ago, I can still remember wondering at the time if the sexual side of our relationship was as good as it was ever going to get. In actual fact I think we both felt it was becoming somewhat routine, and predictable. Otherwise, it was a good relationship - we had a lot in common, music, cinema, concerts, even football - I was in Leeds at that time and Leeds United were almost unbeatable and half their side were Scots! Anyway, I digress.....

The bottom line here is that everyone  should at least have some prior experience, before settling into a relationship. I would further add for any young guys out there, the most valuable experiences are often to be found (or learned) with older women. Remember Rod Stewart and Maggie May!

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not sure if you've picked my post up wrong. I don't see any harm in flirting. It's effectively banter. It's when it becomes a physical action I'd take issue with.

So you'd rather someone told you they saw your wife having a quick snog under the mistletoe at a Christmas party, and ended your marriage, than live happily ever after in blissful ignorance?

So you'd rather someone told you they saw your wife having a quick snog under the mistletoe at a Christmas party, and ended your marriage, than live happily ever after in blissful ignorance?
Yes. If she cheated once and got away with it she'd likely do it again.

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I’d like to have the knowledge to decide for myself what to do with it than have it hidden from me, absolutely 100%.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Yes. If she cheated once and got away with it she'd likely do it again.

28 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’d like to have the knowledge to decide for myself what to do with it than have it hidden from me, absolutely 100%.

Best have a sneaky look at your partner's phone to make sure nothing's going on then.