caught anyone out?

Ylf

23 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Who was the poster on here that made the claim that his wedding rig and wallet were stolen by some "Polish looking guys" at the gym?

Think that was a Motherwell fan. I barely mind that. What was the story there

Only once have I taken an ex back after they have cheated on me and it was purely because she owned up to it straight away and told me without me asking anything.

If my mates had known and then told me i'd have finished with her completely. 

If I knew my mates knew and they didn't tell me I'd be finding new mates.

If it’s proper actual mates then you’d expect them to tell you. If it’s acquaintances or someone you kind of know it would depend on the circumstances.

There was a guy at one of my former workplaces (I know, I know) who it was apparently pretty common knowledge wasn’t the father of one of his kids. Don’t know if he knew this but several people round the office relayed this info, unprompted to me. I barely knew the guy and he was a complete wage thief so I didn’t say anything.

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Think that was a Motherwell fan. I barely mind that. What was the story there

Wasn't you was it?

Struggling to remember myself but something very sketchy about having his gear stolen from a gym, started a thread on here to see what he could do as the gym said there was no cctv or something. Blamed foreigners "hanging around the gym"

Quite clearly was at it.

6 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

He was clearly a c**t if he fell out with you, because his girlfriend was cheating on him.

Or perhaps he didn't see it as my place to what he deemed as interfering in his relationship.

I know a brother and sister that no longer speak due to similar circumstances.

There's usually a reason for infidelity. Some couples are able to move past the betrayal and get on and make a go of things, where does that leave you as the person that came between them?

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Wasn't you was it?

Struggling to remember myself but something very sketchy about having his gear stolen from a gym, started a thread on here to see what he could do as the gym said there was no cctv or something. Blamed foreigners "hanging around the gym"

Quite clearly was at it.

C'mon. I'd remember if it was me. I am sure it was a 'well fan but I didn't see how it panned out

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Wasn't you was it?

Quite clearly was at it.

Was that the guy who used the same code for his gym locker as his bank card and got his account emptied?

7 hours ago, Dele said:

Pretty alarming to see folk would let their mates get the pish ripped out them for fear of "shooting the messenger" or even worse "it's not my relationship". 

Some mates. 

Exactly what I came on to say Dele.

Would keep my mouth shut if it was casual acquaintances or work colleagues and I bumped into their other half out with someone else but for my mate mates I would definitely tell them and wouldn’t expect, or be worried about, any repercussions for passing the information on.

If you found out who had stolen your mates car or broken into their house would you just say “none of my business” and leave them to it?

2 minutes ago, sjc said:

Or perhaps he didn't see it as my place to what he deemed as interfering in his relationship.

I know a brother and sister that no longer speak due to similar circumstances.

There's usually a reason for infidelity. Some couples are able to move past the betrayal and get on and make a go of things, where does that leave you as the person that came between them?

Didn't realise we were still on the swinging chat

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Was that the guy who used the same code for his gym locker as his bank card and got his account emptied?

Yes, that was it. Wedding ring, wallet and bank emptied. His story was picked apart on here. Don't know if the thread still exists or was taken in the great cull. 

Just now, Romeo said:

Yes, that was it. Wedding ring, wallet and bank emptied. His story was picked apart on here. Don't know if the thread still exists or was taken in the great cull. 

Didn't he live in Edinburgh? Am sure the gym was in Edinburgh.

You surely have to tell friends or family. Aye its hard, but f**k me. Your other option is to knowingly leave this friend or family memeber obliviously trusting every single aspect of his/her life to someone who cannot be trusted, and obliviously thinking there is honest, genuine happiness/love/support in their life.

How could you live with yourself if your mate comes back from his holidays going on about how great a time he had with the Mrs etc and you are sat there knowing that she was probably thinking about her next extra curricular podgering....

7 minutes ago, sjc said:

Didn't he live in Edinburgh? Am sure the gym was in Edinburgh.

Not sure but it looked like he'd been up to no good and had started the thread as a deflection tactic.

Might have been a gambler or something.

I had an ex cheat on me and a number of my mates at the time knew it was going on but said nothing to me about it. At the time I was more angry that none of the people that I thought were my friends had told me and let me get treated like a mug than I was with the ex when I found out. For that reason alone I did say something when I found myself knowing about it happening to one of my mates and would do so again.

My first serious relationship, many years ago, when I shared a flat with a lovely girl who had been a childhood sweetheart since school days.

I wasn't too sure about the commitment thing and suggested that if either of us ever met anyone else who we really liked, it would okay for a brief fling, just so long as we still remained a couple. She wasn't very happy with this idea, but reluctantly agreed to give it a trial run.

Sadly things didn't work out and our relationship folded after about 3 months.

Basically, I just couldn't handle her persistent promiscuity.