The hand of Goodie - Clyde vs Montrose

We have to put up with so many shite referees, and Kirkland is normally one of them, but I thought he was excellent on Saturday.

He got the red card and penalty decisions correct. I can't think of any yellow card decision I particularly disagreed with, and there were only a couple of other decisions that could have meritted a booking that he let go. The early booking of Montrose's striker for persistent fouling was particularly good refereeing, as most would have let that go on much longer.

You could argue the last 20 minutes or so got away from him a little but, for a game filled with niggly fouls from the first minute, it's pretty much impossible for a referee to bring that completely under control.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

18 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Any reasonable person if using the Clyde fans on here as a decent barometer of their support would probably think it advisable to keep their wits about them if visiting Broadwood.

No problems at Broadwood mate, Kids are safe and not a terrorist in sight.

17 hours ago, clydenil said:

A shocker today. I went for a pie 5 mins before halftime to find out we were 2 down when I got back. Clyde panicked and had no idea what to do. Smith can go, I can't see the point of him. The sub, Wallace, was even worse. Montrose a bunch of hackers, time-wasters, but played better football and got all the breaks. That ref was garbage.

Didn't you know we were the pantomime villains of the seaside league! 😂