The hand of Goodie - Clyde vs Montrose

11 hours ago, Callous_Pint said:

As the game was nearing its conclusion, play somehow continued to deteriorate and challenges became nastier and nastier. A very ugly atmosphere had started to develop. Fearing for my own safety, I left Broadwood with 10 minutes or so still remaining and shan't be returning anytime soon. Suffice to say, I was not surprised in the slightest to hear of the late Montrose red card.

2/10.

What a feckin drama queen! I've never heard such shoite in my life!

2 hours ago, Clyde_1977 said:

Montrose had a game plan and it worked a treat. The fouling was definitely a part of it. When you need points you do what has to be done and I'd be disappointed if the roles were reversed if we didn't show the same fight. Montrose were simply better in all areas of the field in footballing terms and the most appropriate word from this thread to describe Clyde was sluggish. This was the type of game we really missed Rankins energy and leadership.  

This is a perfectly reasonable post. Clyde certainly missed Goodwillie, no question about that but must re-think, are they a one man team who can't adjust without him? Montrose lost 3 key players at the start of the season and found it hard as a result and it's no different for any other side, even the full time ones at this level.

I'm not going to question any of the yellow cards, no point but if they were all correct decisions I just wonder why the two awful tackles on Ballantyne were not yellows as well. The first which led to the penalty was hardly innocent. The second the ref correctly waved advantage but he should have gone back and booked the lad for the challenge on Ballantyne as he similarly did when booking Watson of Montrose when play stopped. Not really consistency in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

This is a perfectly reasonable post. Clyde certainly missed Goodwillie, no question about that but must re-think, are they a one man team who can't adjust without him? Montrose lost 3 key players at the start of the season and found it hard as a result and it's no different for any other side, even the full time ones at this level.

I'm not going to question any of the yellow cards, no point but if they were all correct decisions I just wonder why the two awful tackles on Ballantyne were not yellows as well. The first which led to the penalty was hardly innocent. The second the ref correctly waved advantage but he should have gone back and booked the lad for the challenge on Ballantyne as he similarly did when booking Watson of Montrose when play stopped. Not really consistency in my opinion. 

We won last week without Goodwillie but yes we are clearly a better team with him in the side. 

Don't know if I get this "bad day at the office" excuse.  Surely we should be able to change OUR approach in a game if plan A isn't working. 

Our 1.25 points per game so far would project us bang average mid table.  DL said we should be 4 points better off by now, I'm not so sure. We could have picked up more points against Forfar and P head but we could have been 2 points worse off imo...we might not have got the full points against both Falkirk and Dumbarton.  The league standard is not brilliant but we have not excelled.

Back to back looks a bit more kidology.

I feel like some of our fans are getting ahead of themselves. This league is clearly a good step up from league 2. We’ve done alright since coming up, certainly more recently. Mid table would be a more than respectable finish this season after coming up. 

15 hours ago, David W said:

Can't disagree about the Montrose performance. It's our first defeat at Broadwood since last November. It's only the second away clean sheet at Broadwood since January 2018. No doubt we will play better but Montrose take a huge amount of credit.

However, there's no doubt that you were fouling all over the pitch. It was clearly part of your game plan. I don't have an issue with that; it knocked us out of trying to build up any rhythm. A player booked for persistent fouling after 37 minutes, Watson booked for taking out a Clyde player (just a minute after Callaghan had got away with a similar one), the tackle on Mitchell was a shocker and probably should have brought a red card each.

I thought Howie made the most of the red card which was given.

I'll take that back, he has been elbowed square in the face. Dangerous play, similar to the Goodwillie one, and a deserved red card.

8 hours ago, keptie said:

Why would you be fearing for your own safety as a neutral at a Clyde v Montrose game ??

Any reasonable person if using the Clyde fans on here as a decent barometer of their support would probably think it advisable to keep their wits about them if visiting Broadwood.

Just watched the Highlights Rennie 100% elbow in the face going by his reaction don't think he meant it.The clown he elbowed didn't half make a fool himself was down like a sack of spuds then up couple seconds later as soon as he heard the crowd reaction that a red was produced from the ref.

2 hours ago, Clyde soccer trendy said:

You are obsessed with Sellick.....be happy. The Rainjurs won todayemoji1360.png

I'm writing this reply from Novo's on Paisley Road West...

No: truth be told I'm just counterbalancing Sir Kevin's ill-concealed bhoy backing. I'm actually in that (rare?) 'always been a Clyde supporter' pot myself. Having been sent to a sellick school has made me dislike them that wee bit more mind, cards on the table.

From what I understand the 21s are run under the community foundation which is a separate entity from the club but they use our name. Maybe I'm wrong though just going from what I have read. 

Right in a nutshell that is the case ive found out from an U21 coach who lives local to me and both o us 10min fae Cbrig.. 

Albion Rovers 21s were basically being disbanded and they asked if could come under the Community wing of the club. No formal attachment to first team but always a pathway to us or any club...

The same or similiar when we took over Shires Youth last few seasons who were royally hammered every week..

Personally i would get some of them in next saturday as trialists if competion allows along with some players on the fringe(Duffie. Lyon n wallace) not even sure i would risk goodie for this one

42 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Right in a nutshell that is the case ive found out from an U21 coach who lives local to me and both o us 10min fae Cbrig.. 

Albion Rovers 21s were basically being disbanded and they asked if could come under the Community wing of the club. No formal attachment to first team but always a pathway to us or any club...

The same or similiar when we took over Shires Youth last few seasons who were royally hammered every week..

Personally i would get some of them in next saturday as trialists if competion allows along with some players on the fringe(Duffie. Lyon n wallace) not even sure i would risk goodie for this one

Right, so basically in real terms from our POV they're a.n.other youth team.  They're certainly doing a good job presenting as if they're linked, I think even some of their players are under the impression they are....

Agreed I'd probably go half youth half experience next week if we could, but that'll no happen. Definitely rest Love though & anyone else carryin any sort of injury. 

A shocker today. I went for a pie 5 mins before halftime to find out we were 2 down when I got back. Clyde panicked and had no idea what to do. Smith can go, I can't see the point of him. The sub, Wallace, was even worse. Montrose a bunch of hackers, time-wasters, but played better football and got all the breaks. That ref was garbage.