The hand of Goodie - Clyde vs Montrose

We were poor, yes and can’t blame missing players either as we expect more from others now.

Grant and McStay were awful today, I’d go as far as to say it that they bottled it for some reason. I’m sorry but when you have two Centre mids that shirk any responsibility. Both were so deep played simple slow  passes every time, didn’t once try to impose themselves in an attacking sense. Mo certainly contributed to that  absolutely,  by doing what midfield players should do. Kick up the backside lads!

I’m not spitting dummy out here and it’s not negativity because we lost one game, just think it’s a wake up call to these two guys that we need performances from them every week at this level. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

We were poor, yes and can’t blame missing players either as we expect more from others now.
Grant and McStay were awful today, I’d go as far as to say it that they bottled it for some reason. I’m sorry but when you have two Centre mids that shirk any responsibility. Both were so deep played simple slow  passes every time, didn’t once try to impose themselves in an attacking sense. Mo certainly contributed to that but absolutely,  by doing what midfield players should do. Kick up the backside lads!
I’m not spitting dummy out here and it’s not negativity because we lost one game, just think it’s a wake up call to these two guys that we need performances from them every week at this level. 
McStay and Grant were poor but were still streets ahead of Lamont's performance today.
Lamont hardly completed a pass. Couldn't believe he lasted so long before being hooked.

I felt sorry for Smith today. A player who needs through balls to run onto continually having to challenge for headers against 6' centre backs.

I agree Lamont was miles behind. Just saying that these  2 guys are supposed to be our main men in the centre of the park now. They have to be better when we need them to stand up and be counted.

I’m not saying dump them or that the are poor player far from it. Just trying to point out t that they have to produce the goods when things aren’t going for us. That’s if they want to be the players they think they are and what most of us think they can be.

1 hour ago, GableEnder21 said:

Montrose were brilliant today. Full deserved the win and I fully expect to start climbing that table.
Clyde on the other hand were surprisingly very poor and I expect them to plummet.

You expect us to plummet on the evidence of seeing 1 game ? 

We have been on a very good run and have had some very good results and performances. Today was just a very bad day. We’re also very depleted with injuries to key players and I don’t think we’ve managed to fill the bench with subs all season. We had 4 available today and 2 of them came on after being out injured. 

Disappointing day but not a bad first quarter all in all. 

You expect us to plummet on the evidence of seeing 1 game ? 
We have been on a very good run and have had some very good results and performances. Today was just a very bad day. We’re also very depleted with injuries to key players and I don’t think we’ve managed to fill the bench with subs all season. We had 4 available today and 2 of them came on after being out injured. 
Disappointing day but not a bad first quarter all in all. 
[emoji26][emoji25][emoji25][emoji26]

1 hour ago, GableEnder21 said:

Montrose were brilliant today. Full deserved the win and I fully expect to start climbing that table.
Clyde on the other hand were surprisingly very poor and I expect them to plummet.

That was undoubtedly our worst performance of the season by a distance, not sure we’ll plummet mind you. 

If you only turned up today cause goodie was suspended, I genuinely hope you never make another game again. 

Yes, I did. I made a decision and stuck by it.

I’ve never made a big deal of it, and never said that others should come to the same conclusion. I fully realise that we might have been dead and buried without him, and I rarely missed a game for 25 + years until then.

I know how good a player he is, and I know I couldn’t not jump up and celebrate when he scored. I would hate myself for that so have removed myself from that temptation.

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I’ve never made a big deal of it, and never said that others should come to the same conclusion. I fully realise that we might have been dead and buried without him, and I rarely missed a game for 25 + years until then.

I know how good a player he is, and I know I couldn’t not jump up and celebrate when he scored. I would hate myself for that so have removed myself from that temptation.

Fair play. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and do as they please. It’s just a shame you’ve missed the last year to 18 months as it’s been quite a ride. If that’s the best you’ve seen us play in 10 years, it’s a great barometer of how far we’ve progressed as it’s honestly the worst we’ve been for quite a while. 

Just don’t give up on the Bully Wee for ever ! 

Fair play. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and do as they please. It’s just a shame you’ve missed the last year to 18 months as it’s been quite a ride. If that’s the best you’ve seen us play in 10 years, it’s a great barometer of how far we’ve progressed as it’s honestly the worst we’ve been for quite a while. 
Just don’t give up on the Bully Wee for ever ! 

I never have and never will.

And it was so much better than I’ve seen - honestly night and day.

1 hour ago, KieranClyde said:

If you only turned up today cause goodie was suspended, I genuinely hope you never make another game again. 

Imagine telling someone not to come to another game because they don't feel comfortable showing up and supporting a rapist every week. That's a fucking weird thing to tell someone tbh. 

40 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

You would hate yourself for celebrating a goal scored by Goodwillie? Why is that?

6 minutes ago, scottyxander said:

Imagine telling someone not to come to another game because they don't feel comfortable showing up and supporting a rapist every week. That's a fucking weird thing to tell someone tbh. 

So you're implying that those of us who do go every week and cheer on the team (Goodwillie included) are somehow condoning rape? Now THAT is weird.

14 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

So you're implying that those of us who do go every week and cheer on the team (Goodwillie included) are somehow condoning rape? Now THAT is 

Seen as you have issues with reading comprehension, I'll say it again.

I said if you're going to put people down who might not be comfortable with supporting Goodwillie and tell them to never come back then then that sounds a bit weird cause it is. Never once stated my opinion on anything or said anything about people who do show up so maybe reel your shite in.

2 hours ago, KieranClyde said:

I don’t know the guy and neither do you. For all we know he may have very personal reasons for not wanting to watch a guy with Goodie’s history. Think about it. 

3 minutes ago, scottyxander said:

Seen as you have issues with reading comprehension, I'll say it again.

I said if you're going to put people down who might not be comfortable with supporting Goodwillie and tell them to never come back then then that sounds a bit weird cause it is. Never once stated my opinion on anything or said anything about people who do show up so maybe reel your shite in.

I was asking a question, hence the "?". You still haven't answered it. What is your opinion on those of us who do go every week to cheer on the team, and by extension, Goodwillie?

I was asking a question, hence the "?". You still haven't answered it. What is your opinion on those of us who do go every week to cheer on the team, and by extension, Goodwillie?

If it helps, I have no opinion on them, and think everyone makes decisions for their own reasons.

Most of the decisions I make in life could be questioned by someone. For instance, I eat meat, and a vegan might not like that. Provided the vegan isn’t forcing me to stop, I’m cool with that.

Do I think Clyde were right to sign Goodwillie? Yes, and as I said he probably saved us. Would I celebrate him scoring for us? Hell yes. Would I hate myself afterwards? Yes, I would. My issue, not yours.