The hand of Goodie - Clyde vs Montrose

Very bad day at the office. Can happen to any team I suppose. The usually reliable Grant was like a man down today and the rest of them never offered much either. At least I know this Clyde team will be determined to put things right and not go into hiding like previous squads did. 

Mo didn't look like a bottom of the table side, pretty streetwise and got a few good players. Imagine they'll climb the league and be safe from relegation. 

We didn't turn up, they did. Simple as... 

Few points on today though

- The big lad in midfield number 8 was fucking excellent, covered every blade of plastic grass, won every header in the middle of the park and pretty much bossed it. 

- Lamont was missing all game, Love was obviously less than half fit, Cuddihy not looking fit either, McStay and Johnstone tried but it just wasn't working out for them, too many passengers up there with them. 

- Don't think the defence were bad, the 6 players they had in front of them weren't doing their jobs and had to suck up the pressure from the Mo attack and midfield on their own. 

- been mentioned above we're not a one man team, but when our stand out player this season (Grant) doesn't show up then you're up against it. 

- Smith has had 2 games to prove his worth and has failed miserably. Really wanted him to do well but he hasn't helped himself. Doesn't seem to know how to run a channel and at 30 years old doesn't quite grasp the offside rule. 

- I always liked Tony Wallace at Annan but I don't think he fits in with our play. Was hoping he'd have more of an impact on the team but looks like he's destined for the bench. 

Well done to Montrose on the win, thoroughly deserved. 

Lastly, yes the ref was pish but he didn't stop Smith from having a fucking shot at goal. Mo scored twice, we didn't have a shot on goal, simple as that. 

Very poor performance. No complaints about the result. Montrose well worthy of the win. Not sure why they felt the need to leave the boot in (and elbow on one notable occasion) at every opportunity though. They’d have won regardless given how dreadful we were. 5 yellows and a straight red I think it was. 

2 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

We didn't turn up, they did. Simple as... 

Few points on today though

- The big lad in midfield number 8 was fucking excellent, covered every blade of plastic grass, won every header in the middle of the park and pretty much bossed it. 

- Lamont was missing all game, Love was obviously less than half fit, Cuddihy not looking fit either, McStay and Johnstone tried but it just wasn't working out for them, too many passengers up there with them. 

- Don't think the defence were bad, the 6 players they had in front of them weren't doing their jobs and had to suck up the pressure from the Mo attack and midfield on their own. 

- been mentioned above we're not a one man team, but when our stand out player this season (Grant) doesn't show up then you're up against it. 

- Smith has had 2 games to prove his worth and has failed miserably. Really wanted him to do well but he hasn't helped himself. Doesn't seem to know how to run a channel and at 30 years old doesn't quite grasp the offside rule. 

- I always liked Tony Wallace at Annan but I don't think he fits in with our play. Was hoping he'd have more of an impact on the team but looks like he's destined for the bench. 

Well done to Montrose on the win, thoroughly deserved. 

Lastly, yes the ref was pish but he didn't stop Smith from having a fucking shot at goal. Mo scored twice, we didn't have a shot on goal, simple as that. 

Completely agree, we were sh!t , Montrose weren't that's it

Montrose wanted that more than us today, they were first to every ball and every second ball. 

Really poor performance and as bad a one I’ve seen for a while. 

However, sitting 6th after the first quarter is a good position to be in after a difficult start to the season. 

We were very poor today, Montrose worth the 3 points by a mile. They didn’t need to be good but they totally  stopped us playing any kind of possession today. 

Too many players flat today, which also seemed to rub off on the crowd who seemed like the players to accept it was not going to be our day.

Ref was dreadful but that’s not why we lost, Montrose were better than us  today simple as that.

We could have played for another 90 minutes without scoring.  The last game I saw was the Stranraer game (I have been on holiday the last two weeks).  I have heard about the performance last week at Dumbarton.  We were a shadow of our recent form.  Montrose were miles better and hungrier and made us look like the team at the bottom.  It was a bad day at the office and I agree, our position is ok for such a bad start to the season.  But play like that on the 19th and Raith will run riot.

By the way, why was Mitchell booked?

Very poor today and Montrose deserved to win. The two goals we lost were both easily preventable. First McNiff got caught out by a long ball and made a daft challenge to give away a pen. Second they hit us on the counter attack but we managed to get a few players back who get backing off and nobody was tracking the runner.

The whole team was poor today and the performance was very flat. Smith was just as bad as the rest but he was feeding off scraps all day. He did have the ball in the net but was disallowed for offside. Was Love that was flagged as offside.

Where was Petkov today? He played well last week at Dumbarton.

Mitchell had at least one go at the guy that fouled him whilst still on the deck but I think the ref probably just saw him squaring up when they were on their feet.  Could have been worse.

6 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

We could have played for another 90 minutes without scoring.  The last game I saw was the Stranraer game (I have been on holiday the last two weeks).  I have heard about the performance last week at Dumbarton.  We were a shadow of our recent form.  Montrose were miles better and hungrier and made us look like the team at the bottom.  It was a bad day at the office and I agree, our position is ok for such a bad start to the season.  But play like that on the 19th and Raith will run riot.

By the way, why was Mitchell booked?

He retaliated against a no player w/o challenged I'm for the ball ball and lashed out feet first,at him

On 21/09/2019 at 16:41, cfcuk said:

you think thats going to stop him if he wants to go ? ok lets hear lennon say hr isnt interested if not we better start looking for a new manager right now

On 21/09/2019 at 16:58, cfcuk said:
On 21/09/2019 at 16:41, Scott-Replay said:
Fingers crossed he doesn’t walk away then.

it will be down to him simple as that

We must be the only team in the world who's u21s aren't linked to the senior side. Could've been beneficiary having a couple of pacy youngsters on the bench rather than bringing Duffie on at 0-2 down. 

I can't echo my fellow supporters in their attribution of the result to our underperformance more than to anything else. No: Montrose had us beat from the off. To win, they took the very simple expedient of stopping us play. They had us watched, put a plan in place, and executed it well. Organised, aggressive, physically strong, limited the space. A positive antidote to Clyde.

A defeat like today's was inevitable. A happy reflection might be that the defeat plots a point on a learning curve: if we recognise that we're the best one-dimensional side in the league but, in the round, probably no better than a mid-table outfit perhaps we'll see to changing that through additions in January. And if nothing else, our collective expectations will start to be set more realistically.

Had we Goodwillie available, a properly fit Ally Love or even Johnston swapped for Lamont in the hole yes, we might've sneaked something by fact of introducing some clever movement, power and smart decision making beyond our midfield. But it'd still have been a close run thing in all likelihood. People have picked up on Smith a bit. Yes: he couldn't be said to have played well. But he's not a back-to-goal foward; he looks for through balls, and he'd hardly a thing to work with. It was a team failure - we don't have a plan B.

Hats off to Mo: you've got an athletic side, with a right good blend of youth and experience. More than that, you've got a switched-on manager. Like Lennon said: you're in a false position. I'm sure it'll pick up.

Better luck next season Duffman, Gunther Ingo ohne Flamingo with your attempts to make me lose face. Whit ye gonnae next time?

3cgx0d.jpg

Bad day at the office for Clyde but we'd have to be stupid to think we'd come into this league and not have at least one disappointing game. 

Overall we've had a great first quarter of the season, with a couple of games which could have gone another way. 

A lot of players to come back and I trust Danny Lennon 100% to have us at the right end of the table come the end of the season. 

Montrose fully desvered the win, no complaints. What was Mcniff thinking with that tackle in the box? 

Onwards and upwards for the Bully Wee. 

Montrose were well worth their win. I thought their performance in the first half was excellent, and given the man marking and how close they got to our midfield when we were trying to push forward, I expected them to tire in the second half, but they played just as well in the second half as they did in the first. We were allowed little time on the ball, resorting to long balls over the top which Smith was never going to get onto.

Skimmed posts, but if it’s not been mentioned how easy the second goal came then it fucking should have been. Our midfield was absolutely criminal, just let him run from his own box. Couldn’t believe how many stood off him.

McNiff’s penalty was a stonewaller from where I was sat, he had no complaints.

As my mate next to me said, he could have been playing until 5pm next week and still wouldn’t have scored.

Montrose, on the basis of that performance, shouldn’t have anything to fear. We just weren’t at the races.

One point however; I don’t remember the Montrose players getting any stick from our fans prior to the penalty, yet the boy who put it away decided to celebrate in front of our more vocal section rather than with their own fans...

For what it’s worth, I’ve not been to a game for 2 and a half years now, and took the opportunity today given the suspension. I’ve only seen the highlights in that period, and seeing it in the flesh I can tell you that as bad as you think it was, Clyde were so much better than the last time I saw them that it’s scary.

It might have been the worst performance most on here have seen in a while, but it’s probably about the best I’ve seen in 10 years.

49 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

I can't echo my fellow supporters in their attribution of the result to our underperformance more than to anything else. No: Montrose had us beat from the off. To win, they took the very simple expedient of stopping us play. They had us watched, put a plan in place, and executed it well. Organised, aggressive, physically strong, limited the space. A positive antidote to Clyde.

A defeat like today's was inevitable. A happy reflection might be that the defeat plots a point on a learning curve: if we recognise that we're the best one-dimensional side in the league but, in the round, probably no better than a mid-table outfit perhaps we'll see to changing that through additions in January. And if nothing else, our collective expectations will start to be set more realistically.

Had we Goodwillie available, a properly fit Ally Love or even Johnston swapped for Lamont in the hole yes, we might've sneaked something by fact of introducing some clever movement, power and smart decision making beyond our midfield. But it'd still have been a close run thing in all likelihood. People have picked up on Smith a bit. Yes: he couldn't be said to have played well. But he's not a back-to-goal foward; he looks for through balls, and he'd hardly a thing to work with. It was a team failure - we don't have a plan B.

Hats off to Mo: you've got an athletic side, with a right good blend of youth and experience. More than that, you've got a switched-on manager. Like Lennon said: you're in a false position. I'm sure it'll pick up.

Better luck next season Duffman, Gunther Ingo ohne Flamingo with your attempts to make me lose face. Whit ye gonnae next time?

3cgx0d.jpg

Glad this has made you happy, atleast when I got one over you it was on the basis that our team were doing well and sitting pretty in the league, you've got one over me on the basis that he team had a shiter today... Hope that's made your evening.