Livingston v Celtic

Having watched us play Celtic and lose to Celtic over and over, these last 3 games against them have been absolutely sensational. 
Last 3 games, 5 points, 0 goals conceded, not many other teams with that record against Celtic? 
So damn proud of my wee team, yet again laughing in the face of adversity and the odds being stacked against us, all over the pitch we matched Celtic and bettered them, Guthrie and Lamie colossus at the back, Sarkic assured, Crawford, Bartley and Jacobs dominated the midfield and as usual Dykes bullied the opposition defence all afternoon, can’t see him being with us next season, but we should be getting a good bit of money for him.
Fantastic attitude. A brilliant 3 points. 

Not a lot to say on the red, clear as day, Jacobs probably fortunate to not see red at the end but really don’t care. 
Buzzing!!!
Our record will be right up there. We haven't been beaten by Celtic in over 27 years.

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Having watched us play Celtic and lose to Celtic over and over, these last 3 games against them have been absolutely sensational. 

Last 3 games, 5 points, 0 goals conceded, not many other teams with that record against Celtic? 

So damn proud of my wee team, yet again laughing in the face of adversity and the odds being stacked against us, all over the pitch we matched Celtic and bettered them, Guthrie and Lamie colossus at the back, Sarkic assured, Crawford, Bartley and Jacobs dominated the midfield and as usual Dykes bullied the opposition defence all afternoon, can’t see him being with us next season, but we should be getting a good bit of money for him.

Fantastic attitude. A brilliant 3 points. 

Not a lot to say on the red, clear as day, Jacobs probably fortunate to not see red at the end but really don’t care. 

Buzzing!!!

You do have a better manager though.

25 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

You do have a better manager though.

Certainly better than Kenny Miller, who was in charge when we lost 3-1 to Celtic. I dread to think what would've happened last season had the board not acted so quickly to get rid of Miller and replace him with Holt.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They be raging at Christie and their shite defending but instead it's all the usual shitebag stuff.

Total coward losers.

The guy literally blamed Lennon and said the Christie one was a definite red in that post yet (if I’ve interpreted your garbled English correctly) you’re propagating this bullshit narrative.

Same pitch for both teams. The difference was in the work rate and desire. If you have that sense of entitlement coming to wee grounds you're going to mightily resent it if things stop going your way.

Livi won fair and square.

Everything else aside can some one really confirm Christopher Jullien really cost Celtic £7 million?

I don't really like to single players out on one showing but, bl00dy hell, there must be a couple of dozen defenders currently playing in Scotland who are more competent and, just as importantly, don't get so easily wound-up.

Both Halkett and Gallagher left Livingston for free during the Summer; in my opinion both are head-and-shoulders above Jullien. To be honest I've seem better centre backs at Hamilton; Aberdeen, St. Mirren and even Ayr and Falkirk if I'm honest. Was that a heavy dose of complacency with thoughts of "its only Livingston".

As I say I'm not having a pop; he obviously can't have been that bad to justify the price tag or did Lennon have a complete brain f@rt when signing him?

One other thing though; I imagine quite a few clubs watching this will have noted just how easily he got wound up.

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You’re right about the European angle, and I’ve misinterpreted your post, so I apologise unreservedly. However, my first point stands that the fixtures aren’t planned around only two clubs, although it looks like you think that they are, unless I’ve misinterpreted that bit as well.

It's not about one or two clubs it's about giving teams momentum with favourable fixtures.
If you look at Motherwell's start to the season in the betfred cup it's no surprise the momentum from those games have carried on into their league form.
The imbalance of home and away fixtures for sevco in the league gives them momentum to carry forward.
No conspiracy just common sense.  

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

and there's more from KS. Got to feel sorry for the poor wee souls, one of them even thinks the County home game is a home banker. They never learn.

El Salto

Love in for Dykes on Sportscene was nauseating
The guy is a carthorse, an all in wrestler, who was allowed to commit niggly foul after niggly foul
The same tactics by him were given short shrift at Ibrox where he was sent off.
Collum decided today that he would let Livingston away with the dark arts all afternoon.
PS I'm fully aware that Christie deserved a red for his challenge.
Still fecking fizzing mad at that result.

They’re a effin shambles, have no place in top-flight football.

That was absolutely shampoo today but we’ve a home banker against Ross County with the **** away to their cousins the day after. They’ll be going into that trailing us so let’s see how they handle the pressure.

Mickeybhoy84

I don't know how we could practice on a pitch like that. Installing one at Lennoxtown/Barrowfield isn't as easy as it sounds. The likes of Livingston and Hamilton appear to have gone out of their way to find the lowest quality pieces of shampoo they possibly could. My local council have managed to install better artificial pitches.

See the source imageYou having fun?:lol:

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

40 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's not about one or two clubs it's about giving teams momentum with favourable fixtures.
If you look at Motherwell's start to the season in the betfred cup it's no surprise the momentum from those games have carried on into their league form.
The imbalance of home and away fixtures for sevco in the league gives them momentum to carry forward.

😂

Sit you down you fucking shitebag mess.

50 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We drew one and lost two in our first three fixtures following the Betfred Cup groups.

6 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

We drew one and lost two in our first three fixtures following the Betfred Cup groups.

Imagine how much worse those results would have been without that momentum...

12 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

The only bad result the mighty well has had in the league has been Ross county.
But to say that Ross county have also had a good start to the season.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

51 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

To be honest the Betfred cup is an excellent warm up for a number of Premierships sides (well those that didn't qualify for Europe). We had a bit of a stuttering start but it gave us an excellent chance to figure out what worked and what didn't; far more than a series of pointless friendlies could ever have done.

The championship and other league sides really take the games as serious competitive games and, as such, you need to be on the top of your game to avoid an upset.

8 minutes ago, OSP said:

Better team won on the day. Simple as that.

Begone you with your reasonable chat.

Watched the highlights - two cracking goals, especially the second. Deserved red, although perhaps the same for the Livingston player at the end - but the state of some of those Celtic fans!

Edited by Jacksgranda
Update

Be interesting to see if Dykes can continue to turn it on against the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren on  a wet Tuesday night in winter. In my experience over the past couple of seasons  - possibly not. Having said that ddese4rved win and he played well. Be nice to see some consistency from refs wrt players kicking the ball away though. I reckon Livvy could have had 4 or 5 bookings for this in the last 5 minutes alone.

9 minutes ago, OSP said:

Better team won on the day. Simple as that.

Aye , it happens . It's the start of October not the middle of April.  The state some people are getting themselves into over yesterday's game.  Cannae wait to see the meltdown when Motherwell actually win the title this year😎