Sign in to follow this  
G_Man1985

2020 Travel/ Holiday Plans

Away in the south of France for New Year, then off to Rome for a long weekend mid January when it should still be relatively quiet tourist-wise.

Amsterdam in March, Paris for French Open, then up to Shetland.

Probably head either for Budapest or Gdansk around August, will depend what's on offer at the time. We'll chuck in a couple more Scottish Islands in there somewhere too, I'd imagine.

Probably head either for Budapest or Gdansk around August

Actually, on this, has anyone been over into Kaliningrad from Poland? If we go to Gdansk I'd like to hop over, but not sure how much of a pain in the arse it is.

There's a suggestion you can get a 3-day visa at the border as an EU citizen, but obviously our time may be running out on that one...

21 minutes ago, morrison said:

Actually, on this, has anyone been over into Kaliningrad from Poland? If we go to Gdansk I'd like to hop over, but not sure how much of a pain in the arse it is.

There's a suggestion you can get a 3-day visa at the border as an EU citizen, but obviously our time may be running out on that one...

Seems the Russkies still hate us, and we've been left out of the new free E-Visa scheme. I think they stopped doing the border one. Doubt it's worth the hassle unless you can find a tour group to sort it all out for you. Looked into it when I went to Gdansk and there didn't seem any easy way, and it would need at least an overnight stay I think, unless you find a coach tour and sort out a visa, which I think you can do in Edinburgh.

https://electronic-visa.kdmid.ru/klgd_home_en.html

Just booked 3 nights in Prague with a couple of pals at the end of the school holidays in April. Place I've always fancied and flights were cheap so looking forward to that!

2 hours ago, wellinwigan said:

2 weeks in alvaro in Portugal September.  Hopefully get a week in zante or somewhere in June 

Had to google Alvaro, must be about the most remote place in Portugal. I'd pack baked beans and a bottle of whisky.

Disneyland Paris for 6 nights in April.

7 nights in Sorrento in October, going back to the same hotel we vowed to return to when we stayed there in 2005. Only taken us 15 years to get around to it.

Probably get a week away in July to a Haven park or something, much easier to take one of the daughter's pals with us there than abroad.

I'm looking to f**k off somewhere in April for a few days. Can get to Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki in Poland with great flight times and all in from door to door under £200. 

There seems to be a few thi gs to do, easily accessible to Warsaw if I get bored but my question is - has anybody on here been? 

Off to Berlin next wee for 4 nights - never been before and really looking forward to it.

Away to Jersey for a week in May

In July going to Canada for 3 weeks - staying in Calgary, Banff, Emerald Lake, Kelowna, Vancouver Island and Vancouver.

On 03/01/2020 at 00:42, paul wright scores said:

Off to Berlin next wee for 4 nights - never been before and really looking forward to it.

Away to Jersey for a week in May

In July going to Canada for 3 weeks - staying in Calgary, Banff, Emerald Lake, Kelowna, Vancouver Island and Vancouver.

We did a ‘trip of a lifetime’ thing last year by going on the Rocky Mountaineer train from Vancouver to Calgary, via Quesnel, Jasper, Lake Louise, Banff.... stunning. Simply stunning. We’d been to Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal in Canada before, and knew Calgary was smaller than those cities, but we rated Calgary every bit as highly as the bigger cities. Given the choice, we’d actually go back to Calgary ahead of them all. 

Edited by pozbaird

On 02/01/2020 at 20:40, Dele said:

I'm looking to f**k off somewhere in April for a few days. Can get to Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki in Poland with great flight times and all in from door to door under £200. 

There seems to be a few thi gs to do, easily accessible to Warsaw if I get bored but my question is - has anybody on here been? 

Been to Warsaw a couple of times and really enjoyed it. One of the times I went was in April and it was shorts and tshirts weather. It's not the most stereotypically touristy city but enough to see to keep you interested for a few days. Good range of food and drink options and it is very cheap. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Mallorca the 1st week of April for some cycling. Long weekend to Cork in June with the wife then a week in the sun somewhere in September/October again with the wife (needs to be a shortish flight as she hates flying) On that subject I haven't told her that the flight to/from Cork will be in a turboprop

Booked up on sunday for a last minute trip to Fuerteventura,staying at a holiday village with the grandkids.

16 hours ago, keithgy said:

Booked up on sunday for a last minute trip to Fuerteventura,staying at a holiday village with the grandkids.

I'll try and leave it tidy for you.

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'll try and leave it tidy for you.

Just leave a beer on tap for me.

Went to a tiny cottage in herefordshire last year (mostly to visit wifes family in Wales). My choice this year so want to do similar but up north rather than down south (and far closer).

Thinking Aviemore at the moment but not really sure

On 01/10/2019 at 19:04, The Naitch said:

Miami in January and then a few days in Manchester in April. Nothing else planned as I'm hopefully moving home next year.

Miami was everything I'd hoped it would be. Bloody fantastic time. Highlights have to be Ocean Drive and going to see Miami Heat.

On 01/10/2019 at 19:04, The Naitch said:

Miami in January and then a few days in Manchester in April. Nothing else planned as I'm hopefully moving home next year.

Spain booked for a week in August. I'll need the break after all the house hunting I'm doing. 🤯