G_Man1985

2020 Travel/ Holiday Plans

Planning a big trip to Largs next month. Have pencilled in the date. Cannae’ wait. Thinking of making it a Wednesday, maybe Thursday, from about 10am to 3pm. Does anyone know in what phase of the route map Nardini’s can sell me a double nougat?

10 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The Germans, Austrians, Swiss and Danes will be the first back in July. The British will be at the back of the queue, especially as the Brexit talks are likely to collapse in June.

It's also likely that only half of the hotels will re-open. Those that do will be at 50 to 60% capacity to enable social distancing.

The RIU group will asking guests to wear masks and gloves in the restaurants at bars. The number of people in the pools will also be restricted. Doesn't seem like fun to me.

Yep, sounds utter pish 😭. Can't believe I'm saying this but I hope it is cancelled and I get my money back. Might then try and do a week someone in August and get an apartment next to a beach for a week. Just to get some sort of sun! Unfortunately we're restricted for when we can take holidays as she's a teacher. 

8 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Yep, sounds utter pish 😭.

Unfortunately we're restricted for when we can take holidays as she's a teacher. 

choofed.gif.36238632e894d58261d9a93423e6436f.gif

Turns out my details were accessed during the easyjet hack. What a year for travelling this has been!

29 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Turns out my details were accessed during the easyjet hack. What a year for travelling this has been!

Same here, got an email from them today.

They say my passport and credit card details weren't accessed but my paranoia is tempting me to cancel the card anyway.

Just had an email and text from British Airways confirming flight Edinburgh to Mallorca on 20th June cancelled. Phoned the number provided and full refund of return tickets agreed after about 5 minutes on the line. Really helpful person to deal with and email confirmation of refund within minutes. Very impressed.

Also got full refund on deposit paid on apartment rental in Mallorca. Again very straightforward. Dealt direct with apartment owner. Pleased.

On 22/05/2020 at 06:23, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Unfortunately we're restricted for when we can take holidays as she's a teacher. 

Words I never imagined I'd ever read

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Words I never imagined I'd ever read

Haha! What I meant was we can only take holidays when she is off so it's not like we can go off in September or November or whatever. To be fair my job also has blanket bans on holidays but with social distancing fucking the events industry its safe to say my employers won't care when I go on holiday seeing as there's no work 🙄

It is now being confirmed that people going on holiday and returning will need to self quarantine for 14 days.  That will mean lots more cancelled holidays and will raise issues of insurance and compensation claims.

It is now being confirmed that people going on holiday and returning will need to self quarantine for 14 days.  That will mean lots more cancelled holidays and will raise issues of insurance and compensation claims.

I dont think that aspect will last long tbh. Regardless the government have absolutely fucked their response and handling of travel through this time.

I dont think that aspect will last long tbh. Regardless the government have absolutely fucked their response and handling of travel through this time.

I can’t see it either, it’s nothing but a PR exercise. They’ve been asking folk to self isolate for 14 weeks on arrival since mid march now all they’re doing is asking you abit more firmly and warning you that the fuckin tv license detector vans could be used to catch folk who sneak out for a walk. It’s a pathetic attempt to be seen to be doing something

On another note, if instant or near instant testing for covid and or temperature checks was introduced at airports would anyone feel comfortable booking a flight knowing there was a reasonable chance you could be denied boarding at the airport when you feel absolutely fine ?
Up until now you would not be refused travel for being unwell unless it was serious and visible and most people would travel on any flight they had booked unless they were physically too ill to do so .
I’ve never been KB’d at an airport nor do i know anyone who has but I imagine it would be a major upheaval and bother, its not like jumping on a bus it’s something that is generally planned long in advance and costs alot . Could be a game changer

33 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

On another note, if instant or near instant testing for covid and or temperature checks was introduced at airports would anyone feel comfortable booking a flight knowing there was a reasonable chance you could be denied boarding at the airport when you feel absolutely fine ?
Up until now you would not be refused travel for being unwell unless it was serious and visible and most people would travel on any flight they had booked unless they were physically too ill to do so .
I’ve never been KB’d at an airport nor do i know anyone who has but I imagine it would be a major upheaval and bother, its not like jumping on a bus it’s something that is generally planned long in advance and costs alot . Could be a game changer

If it turned out I had Covid I'd be delighted to be prevented from travelling. Just a slight temperature would piss me off big style though.

LATAM Airlines just went bankrupt. Glad I got a cash refund for my Bolivia - Perú flight a couple of weeks ago.

I can’t see it either, it’s nothing but a PR exercise. They’ve been asking folk to self isolate for 14 weeks on arrival since mid march now all they’re doing is asking you abit more firmly and warning you that the fuckin tv license detector vans could be used to catch folk who sneak out for a walk. It’s a pathetic attempt to be seen to be doing something

That said ive just seen all the selfish c***s on the beaches in England and think they’ve just absolutely fucked it for everyone now and believe a second wave is now inevitable.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

That said ive just seen all the selfish c***s on the beaches in England and think they’ve just absolutely fucked it for everyone now and believe a second wave is now inevitable.

and a third, and a fourth, and...

Just got vouchers for Euro 2020 related KLM flights in June and July, refundable in full if I don't use them within a year, despite 3 of the 4 flights not being cancelled. Happy with that.

That's it official now - Tui have cancelled our holiday to Costa Rica on 29 June.

They've cancelled all holidays up to 30 June.

Just got our email.

Looks like I'll be taking the refund as the price per person has increased by £400 for the same hotel next year - that's a 32% increase in the price - their 20% extra voucher not enough to cover the increased cost.

And I can't get my refund until the email a voucher code. I'll double check their other longhaul destinations but I suspect it will be the same.

Has anyone thought about booking some trips up, there's a few cheap easyjet flights on offer for the back end of the year and and 2021?