Dumbarton vs Forfar

43 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

7 assists in 9 games is a ridiculous stat. I know it's the current trend amongst experienced pros to denounce the importance of assists, or certainly their fellow pros celebrating them, but I'm delighted to see we have a midfielder who's creating so many chances for his team mates.

I was also under the impression he was a bit of a shitebag based on reports from fans of his previous employers but there were a few occassions yesterday where he got stuck right in.

Aye it's a fantastic return - especially given that he hasn't exactly got Dom Thomas and Calum Gallagher to ping balls into.

By way of comparison, Dom Thomas got 11 last season, and Ross Forbes and Bobby Barr nine. McKee is actually on eight this season (two against Peterhead, two against Montrose, one against East Fife and three yesterday) but for some reason Hutton was credited with the third. If he could add goals to his game (and not even a lot 6/7 this season would do) then he'd be right up there with the best part-time midfielders in the country imo. He's got that wee bit of quality on the ball, and is strong, fit and works hard. I really can't fault him so far at all.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

Great game and some great individual performances. Good build up play, poise in defence (with a few exceptions). Seems we have yet again used the loan system to great effect. That has to have been Hutton’s best game in a Sons shirt. His work rate, positional sense and distribution were at least a league above where we are.

Missed the game as the closest Heliport was at the Balfour Beatty and they wouldn't let me land until 16:36.

Did we get over the half way line in the first half.

dreadful stuff, even from 15,000 ft.

That carthorse from Montrose needs to be sent back. @dipsy could jump higher and would be more of a threat.

Back to the thinking table....

Edited by SlipperyP

4 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Nothing like giving someone a chance all the way from Thailand eh? A goal and an assist and hasn't played two full games yet.

I'd like to see how he does with a fit Dale Hilson playing alongside him before making any judgements.

29 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Nothing like giving someone a chance all the way from Thailand eh? A goal and an assist and hasn't played two full games yet.

Moving to Thailand doesn't make you blind to a shite footballer.

19 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Just a wee interesting Joe McKee fact for you, he's set up 50% of the goals we've scored in the league this season. His dead ball delivery with guys like Neill, McGeever and Layne in the team could be pivotal over the campaign.

More importantly, he's also helped replace the good looks of Mango and Beanie.

Just now, Jupiter Jazz said:

Nah I'd say your eyesight must be pretty good if you're seeing the games from over there.

now we're talking. JJ, is this lump the answer. I say it's a backward step, we should recall Aitken if we can.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

now we're talking. JJ, is this lump the answer. I say it's a backward step, we should recall Aitken if we can.

Wasn't at Dumbarton so can't form an opinion on how he played based on a small highlights package, he did well for our goal though. Took his goal well and caused Raith problems last week.

Aitken hasn't been like it for a long time now.

Wasn't at Dumbarton so can't form an opinion on how he played based on a small highlights package, he did well for our goal though. Took his goal well and caused Raith problems last week.
Aitken hasn't been like it for a long time now.
Apologies for intruding on Forfar matters, but when McLean was hooked, presumably to spare a red card, the Loons attack simply fizzled out.

I was pleased to see him go as he was causing problems, and maybe you should question why Coupe never started the game - he was very lively.

14 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Apologies for intruding on Forfar matters, but when McLean was hooked, presumably to spare a red card, the Loons attack simply fizzled out.

I was pleased to see him go as he was causing problems, and maybe you should question why Coupe never started the game - he was very lively.

Coupe is lively no doubt but there's next to no end product. I would've started him mind.

The only defence McLean was causing problems for was Forfar, any hope of an attack fizzled out when the ball was sent in his direction, he has no heart and is quite clearly not cut out for League One, even when watching him at Montrose that was obvious.

On the other hand, Connor Coupe has no end product? He creates a lot of chances, but with a lack of a goal scoring threat on the pitch, nobody is there to finish so it’s a bit harsh to say he has no end product.

I thought McLean was a big haddie. He caused some problems throwing his weight around, and obviously got the better of Carswell for the goal, but if we had big McGeever available I reckon he'd have dealt with him no problem. As I said on Saturday though, Forfar were too like us last season and even if McLean played the game of his life it wouldn't have mattered as he had virtually no support or pace around him. 

That said, I don't think Forfar need to panic. They've got enough in that team that improvement should be possible, especially when they get the likes of Hilson back.