Dumbarton vs Forfar

11 hours ago, microdave said:

I hadn't thought about Carswell having to play in defence tomorrow which is a blow. That isn't a slight on him, it's just that I prefer him in his natural position pulling the strings. I can see Forfar winning tomorrow unfortunately.

You guys short of defenders , Forfar short of attackers looks like it’s Forfar's defence versus Dumbarton’s attack.

A couple of my Killie supporting m9s reckon Frizzell is far more effective in midfield than he is as a winger. In fact one even said he's "never a winger" so based on that I'd be keen to see us lineup something like this.

Conor Brennan

Reghan Tumilty Morgyn Neill Stuart Carswell Rico Quitongo

Conor Scullion Ruaridh Langan Kyle Hutton PJ Crossan

Adam Frizzell
Isaac Layne

Layne has looked seriously isolated, so I'm hopeful that dropping Frizzell into the #10 position might give him a wee hand there. Ideally I'm looking to recreate the Calum Gallagher/Dom Thomas strikeforce, but that's probably fairly unlikely.

Aside from that I guess my only contentious one would be dropping Scullion in for McCluskey (which Duffy will never do...). I thought it was pretty harsh on Scullion to be dropped a few weeks ago, and McCluskey has done little to suggest he's a better option. I toyed with the idea of swapping Crossan over and playing Shiels after his decent cameo against East Fife - but my God was he awful last week, so I'm not sure he's earned that yet. I still think he's a player...but he looks like the sort of guy who needs space - and that makes him better suited to coming on if the game is level with 25 minutes to go.

Hutton and Frizzell in for McGeever and McCluskey. I had kinda assumed McKee wasn't quite fit, but obviously he's fit enough to start.

Can't complain about that side at all. Hoping it will be McKee and Crossan wide with Frizzell in behind Layne and Langan dropping back.

Brennan; Tumilty, Quitongo, Carswell, Neill; Hutton, Langan, McKee, Crossan, Frizzell; Layne. Subs: Pettigrew, Crawford, Shiels, Tierney, McCluskey, Scullion, Zata.

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

A couple of my Killie supporting m9s reckon Frizzell is far more effective in midfield than he is as a winger. In fact one even said he's "never a winger"

Tell your Killie supporting m9s they haven't a clue what they're talking about.

Forfar look like a carbon copy of us last year. Slow, lumbering with a shred of quality that doesn't get much chance to shine.

We were excellent in the first half and killed the game which was pleasing. I thought Morgan Neill, Hutton and McKee were all excellent, Frizzell's contribution can't be discounted either with two tremendous finishes, but I thought Ruaridh Langan bossed it. Won every 50/50 and burst forward when he could. If he continues improving we could have a player there.

4th spot is there for the taking this season from what I've seen so far.