Film music

19QOS19

TV but Ramin Djawadi's sound tracks for Westworld and Game of Thrones have been outstanding. 

Not the whole sound track, but just two notes in Jaws are among the great pieces of cinema score. 

Edited by dorlomin

On 09/06/2020 at 00:11, D.A.F.C said:

Escape from New York is great, as mentioned John carpenter made some amazing soundtracks.

Theres a good shop called waxwork records who do limited represses of classics worth checking out.

https://waxworkrecords.com

Picked up dawn of the dead from them a while back. The remake of the thing is cool as f**k

Goblin's Dawn of the Dead soundtrack is immense. All over the place tonally, but it all works brilliantly. I sometimes put Morricone's The Thing soundtrack on a loop while I'm working; it's a great incentive to get that fucking spreadsheet completed before the next customer comes in and I have to break out the flamethrower. I've never really got the whole thing about framing LPs, but looking through Waxwork Records' catalogue, their sleeves look brilliant and I could be tempted if I had the cash.

John Carpenter had a big hand in creating a whole genre of music; I'd never heard of synthwave until a few years ago, but would recommend it to anyone who appreciates his soundtracks. His own albums are good too, although you'll wish you could watch the films they weren't made to accompany. Pretty damned impressive to have been so influential in two different types of media.

Goblin's Dawn of the Dead soundtrack is immense. All over the place tonally, but it all works brilliantly. I sometimes put Morricone's The Thing soundtrack on a loop while I'm working; it's a great incentive to get that fucking spreadsheet completed before the next customer comes in and I have to break out the flamethrower. I've never really got the whole thing about framing LPs, but looking through Waxwork Records' catalogue, their sleeves look brilliant and I could be tempted if I had the cash.
John Carpenter had a big hand in creating a whole genre of music; I'd never heard of synthwave until a few years ago, but would recommend it to anyone who appreciates his soundtracks. His own albums are good too, although you'll wish you could watch the films they weren't made to accompany. Pretty damned impressive to have been so influential in two different types of media.
It's a nice repress of it20200615_172412.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...