Alloa Athletic v Dundee United

On 01/10/2019 at 12:44, Sarto Mutiny said:
On 01/10/2019 at 12:04, LeodhasXD said:
When we shut out Shankland FC will Andy Graham finally get a Scotland call up?

It's fine. The word on the street was that he only scored all those goals last season because of Michael Moffat. He's pish now

The street was bang on the money

That was terrific! Peter Grant tried a different and more open approach when the league started and with very mixed results. I believe we were closer to the system used by Ross and Goodwin last week and tonight looked like the tried and trusted style which suits us so well. Stick with that and we always have a chance.

Thought we were the better team for most of the game tonight, barring a dodgy 10 mins or so midway through second half when we were under real pressure, and really should have won by more. Could go through the whole team really, they were all excellent. Wasn't convinced about the O'Hara signing at the time but he has done well so far and was tremendous tonight. And while Adam Brown made a couple of poor decisions, it was the best I've seen him and a fine effort from a boy who has been on the bench for the past year. 

We will miss Flannigan when he is banned, so important to us, and we're clearly short on numbers. Hopefully we can avoid too many injuries and then get some decent loans in at New Year. Great night though and very encouraging. The team have responded extremely well to the disastrous performance against Ayr. 

Edited by Waspie

Hearing that Peter Grant had re-widened the pitch at the Recs got me thinking that this was a psychological attempt at making his team believe they were technically as good as their full-time opponents, and my reaction was aye right, just get in their faces and close them down early etc etc.

I must admit, however, that on tonight's showing it looks like PG has got it bang on. Alloa were terrific all over the park. Even his one substitution was a positive move. You would have bet your boots that Buchanan would have replaced the tiring lone striker instead of supplementing the forward line...

Edited by Angusfifer

2 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Did anyone notice a big Dundee Utd flag with "ALLOA" on it in the right hand corner? Or was it my buggered eyesight?

no you did see it , they bring it here at every DUFC game its the Alloa branch of DUFC supporters , C***s for not supporting the local boys  IMO

7 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

no you did see it , they bring it here at every DUFC game its the Alloa branch of DUFC supporters , C***s for not supporting the local boys  IMO

I’d imagine there are Alloa supporters who live in Dundee.