Hearts v Killie, Sat 5th October 2019

21 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Levein blaming the players is the sign of someone losing it.  He picked the team, and he signed them all. Was it the players choice to play 3-5-2 with no actual strikers and 4 players out of position at the back? Fud.

Beginning of the end for him now I reckon.
He won't be sacked, so I wouldn't be surprised if a statement comes soon telling us he will stand down at the end of the season.

He was talking last week about how he has had to take Sean Clare out as his confidence his hit rock bottom and he has to protect him.  Of course everyone knows the best way to protect someone is to play them wildly out of position and shell the ball to them.

We are just on the cusp of being a really good side, just need some creativity up front. Read a list of out of contract players and there were some decent players on it, so wonder if we will get someone out of contract, or wait till Jan.

As for Hearts, please keep Levein. The longer Hearts and Hibs are shit the better the chance for killie to get top 6 and maybe get Europe where we can correct the CQN shitshow.

What I don’t get from Hearts fans is you hear them banging on about all the injuries to first team players, which is kind of fair enough as it’s slightly more extreme than say Aberdeen, so the team you had our yesterday was garbage. There’s no way you should be expecting to beat Killie with the pish line up you had out there. You can’t have it both ways. Cry about injuries and still expect to beat minnows like Kilmarnock? 

Hearts fans seem to be deluded about the quality of some of their players. I saw several of them on Twitter saying that the team they had out yesterday was still good enough to beat Killie. I'm not sure I'd take a single one of those players in our team - Meshino for Millar maybe, but there's not a lot in it.

Even with their strongest side out, there would only be a handful who would improve our team - Naismith and Walker are the only two who I'd say would definitely walk in to our team.

All things considered I really hope the Killie fans don’t take too much from this victory.

We really were utter pish and would very likely have been beaten by every other team in the league, but by bigger margins by many.

50 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Hearts fans seem to be deluded about the quality of some of their players. I saw several of them on Twitter saying that the team they had out yesterday was still good enough to beat Killie. I'm not sure I'd take a single one of those players in our team - Meshino for Millar maybe, but there's not a lot in it.

Even with their strongest side out, there would only be a handful who would improve our team - Naismith and Walker are the only two who I'd say would definitely walk in to our team.

A few questions to you firstly:

Is this opinion based upon yesterdays match only?

Were Kilmarnock a good side before Clarke took over? How many players did he sign to help make you into a good side? 

The issue is that we do have a core of good players but they do not perform anywhere near to their ability within this team. In addition to Naismith and Meshino we have the following: 

Souttar has come on leaps and bounds with his positioning and his distribution and control is excellent.

Haring is always looking to control the ball and pass into space as well as being an effective DM at breaking down attacks.

Whelan despite his age is several classes above this level, he was holding off hibs players with ease in the debry, setting the tempo with his passing and leading by example.

Halkett looks to be an excellent footballer for a CB and was good for Livi last year. 

Hickey is being tipped for big things, his positioning and timing of forward runs shows an instinct beyond his years and he has excellent two footed control.

I'm not saying Kilmarnock have bad players at all. What I am saying is that Hearts have a core of good players (and some poor ones too) but they aren't able to perform anywhere near their level in such a poorly organised side which is bereft of confidence.  I don't think that is being deluded. 

No, my opinion isn't just based on yesterday, it's based on watching both teams quite a lot over the last two years. In terms of whether we were a good side before Clarke took over, no we weren't, but several of the individuals in that team were obviously good players based on their past exploits (Dicker, Boyd, Jones and Taylor with us, O'Donnell with Thistle, Broadfoot with various clubs). The main Clarke signings that made a difference were Mulumbu, Stewart (briefly) and Bachmann, who again are miles ahead of anything Hearts have right now.

I like Souttar/Halkett and Haring/Whelan, but I genuinely wouldn't pick them ahead of Findlay/Del Fabro/Bruce or Power/Dicker/El Makrini. I think we have the strongest defensive core outside of Rangers and Celtic, and all those Hearts players would fit into it fine, but wouldn't improve us. Hickey looks like he could go on to be great, but right now I'd rather have Hamalainen.

The delusion comment was mainly aimed at the comments about that team yesterday still being good enough to beat Killie. We've proven over the last two seasons that we're quite a bit better than your first team, so why would a team featuring the likes of Dikamona, Berra, Irving, Clare and Mulraney expect to turn up and beat us?

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

What I don’t get from Hearts fans is you hear them banging on about all the injuries to first team players, which is kind of fair enough as it’s slightly more extreme than say Aberdeen, so the team you had our yesterday was garbage. There’s no way you should be expecting to beat Killie with the pish line up you had out there. You can’t have it both ways. Cry about injuries and still expect to beat minnows like Kilmarnock? 

When did Killie become a minnow? 

3 hours ago, Mr. X said:

All things considered I really hope the Killie fans don’t take too much from this victory.

We really were utter pish and would very likely have been beaten by every other team in the league, but by bigger margins by many.

1153231853_tenor(8).gif.9af13ad97697c3a2a6f17bebd03e323e.gif

4 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Why are you lot always so totally joyless?

Don't worry, we're probably going to wait until at least the end of the season before commissioning a lego replica open top bus.

5 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Fair points. Even before many of the injuries, we struggled against the 'wee' teams in the League Cup. Sure, Naismith wasn't there but we shouldn't need him to beat Dundee Utd, never mind East Fife. Levein signs these players and is in charge of formation and tactics. We've been shit for a year now.

2 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Fair points. Even before many of the injuries, we struggled against the 'wee' teams in the League Cup. Sure, Naismith wasn't there but we shouldn't need him to beat Dundee Utd, never mind East Fife. Levein signs these players and is in charge of formation and tactics. We've been shit for a year now.

Levein 100% should be binned from Hearts. No one will argue that.

46 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Or to put it another way..... one of our stat loving posters on kickback has informed us Killie have won twice at Tynecastle since Hearts last won a home game.

Even in our dark days, under Johnston, Locke & McCulloch, we were never on a run near as bad.

If his stat is true, Levein needs emptied fast if Hearts are to have any chance of avoiding the threat of relegation this season.

6 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Levein 100% should be binned from Hearts. No one will argue that.

Talking from a truly objective, neutral view yes. Talking from the perspective of everyone else in the league who wants to get themselves as high up the league as possible (and also people who like to laugh at Hearts/see them lose) then plenty of people would argue that.