Aberdeen vs Hibs

I thoroughly enjoyed that second half. Loads to shout at, mainly the linesman at my end who missed countless offside situations, the referee who sent off Main for a yellow at worst, didn't give a penalty when McGinn was pushed over and not sending Mallan off for the same challenge on Ferguson, which possibly explains Ferguson's last minute red. Aberdeen undoubtedly are lacking confidence but were certainly fighting to the end trying to get the winner, so I'll take a positive from that. Despite what someone said earlier, this was not the end to the McInnes era, nothing like it. 

20 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We bid for him! 

The misses were criminal but the worst was the one he didn't square for Allan.

Thought we were always going to score. Couldn't believe it when Hibs started to sit further back against 10 men.

Doidge is a dud but Heckingbottom is fkg clueless and a liability.  What manager doesn't push up when playing 10 men? Get him out. 

19 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Doidge is a dud but Heckingbottom is fkg clueless and a liability.  What manager doesn't push up when playing 10 men? Get him out. 

We were camped on the edge of your box at one point and he still had you sitting back.

From what Sportsound were saying he will have found his excuse to drop Allan next week.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We were camped on the edge of your box at one point and he still had you sitting back.

From what Sportsound were saying he will have found his excuse to drop Allan next week.

I am listening to Nick Caves new album, having a couple of beers and thought I couldnt get more depressed until I read that !

Was shocked at how much space we were getting after Main went off. Yes Doidge should have wrapped up the game, but with the amount of possesion we had in the final 25 mins we were alwas going to create chances.

6 minutes ago, TheDon99 said:
50 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Was shocked at how much space we were getting after Main went off. Yes Doidge should have wrapped up the game, but with the amount of possesion we had in the final 25 mins we were alwas going to create chances.

He has 1 win in 14 for a reason. 

If Hibs had a forward who could manage to not hit the ball straight at Joe Lewis, that would have been an embarrassing result today.

As it is, we got an undeserved draw and McInnes lives on. I'm not one of the pitchfork wielding lunatics but I am beginning to question our manager. 

Hibs are utter dogshit yet we could and should have lost to them. Questions rightly have to be asked.

5 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

If Hibs had a forward who could manage to not hit the ball straight at Joe Lewis, that would have been an embarrassing result today.

As it is, we got an undeserved draw and McInnes lives on. I'm not one of the pitchfork wielding lunatics but I am beginning to question our manager. 

Hibs are utter dogshit yet we could and should have lost to them. Questions rightly have to be asked.

To me the draw was certainly not undeserved. The chances which Hibs created were on the counter when we were pushing up to try to equalise, and were on the back of extremely doubtful non-offside decisions.Apart from Logan, who had a nightmare second half, thought that the other nine players in the second half showed that they are willing to at least fight for the club when their confidence was obviously low early on. Joe Lewis should get loads of credit for standing up to the one on ones which he saved. First half was a non-event.

The one question which rightly has to be asked is why did Doidge shoot instead of giving a goal to Allan at 1.0. 

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The chances which Hibs created were on the counter when we were pushing up to try to equalise, and were on the back of extremely doubtful non-offside decisions.

That is certainly one way of looking at it. They had about four great chances to kill the game, and I can recall one of them that was maybe offside. 

To be honest we totally got away with that. We should have been 4-0 down by the time we equalised but thankfully Doidge makes James Collins look like Pele.

The first half would have got football stopped truthfully. Second half was as above. Hibs probably deserved their lead due to being less shite than us. Things improved for us when Main got sent off and Niall McGinn was brought on. McGinn offered some much needed spark and forward going play. Excellent corner for the equaliser. He also seemed to link well with Hedges and finally bring Hedges into the game.

However despite showing some fight (with two stupid red cards), we really have to question the tactics today which was thump it long to two strikers. We keep trying to play this way, and it does not work. We only got into the game when we started to take the ball down and move the ball wide. Doing that has been the most successful way of playing under McInnes but more and more we are abandoning it to play a way that neither suits us nor brings out the best in our limited pool of players. The midfielders need to take more risks on the ball instead of turning it back to the centre halves repeatedly. The wingers need brought into the game a lot earlier and be granted the freedom that Hayes and McGinn used to enjoy.

Additionally, we are not starting games at all well. Bar the Ross County game and both Hearts games, we have been so slow at starting domestic games. Why that is, I don't know but we need to address it.

Ultimately I'm feeling more and more scunnered by the week with the style of play and the poor results. For me, DM is struggling a bit and it feels like his time is coming to a close.

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

To be honest we totally got away with that. We should have been 4-0 down by the time we equalised but thankfully Doidge makes James Collins look like Pele.

The first half would have got football stopped truthfully. Second half was as above. Hibs probably deserved their lead due to being less shite than us. Things improved for us when Main got sent off and Niall McGinn was brought on. McGinn offered some much needed spark and forward going play. Excellent corner for the equaliser. He also seemed to link well with Hedges and finally bring Hedges into the game.

However despite showing some fight (with two stupid red cards), we really have to question the tactics today which was thump it long to two strikers. We keep trying to play this way, and it does not work. We only got into the game when we started to take the ball down and move the ball wide. Doing that has been the most successful way of playing under McInnes but more and more we are abandoning it to play a way that neither suits us nor brings out the best in our limited pool of players. The midfielders need to take more risks on the ball instead of turning it back to the centre halves repeatedly. The wingers need brought into the game a lot earlier and be granted the freedom that Hayes and McGinn used to enjoy.

Additionally, we are not starting games at all well. Bar the Ross County game and both Hearts games, we have been so slow at starting domestic games. Why that is, I don't know but we need to address it.

Ultimately I'm feeling more and more scunnered by the week with the style of play and the poor results. For me, DM is struggling a bit and it feels like his time is coming to a close.

The tactics didn't bother me as such as it wasn't hopeless punts. It was direct balls to the strikers who had players within 15 yards of them for a change. What did f**k me off was Cosgrove's reluctance to pass to Ross. Several times he was in a great position and Sam just didn't look in his direction. 

Particularly frustrating as Ross looked lively and dangerous.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The tactics didn't bother me as such as it wasn't hopeless punts. It was direct balls to the strikers who had players within 15 yards of them for a change. What did f**k me off was Cosgrove's reluctance to pass to Ross. Several times he was in a great position and Sam just didn't look in his direction. 

Particularly frustrating as Ross looked lively and dangerous.

Cosgrove is a turkey and him being involved in the play more with better support around him will only serve to highlight this. The Lazio rumours are 1 of the funniest and ludicrous things I have ever heard.