Ayr United vs Caley Thistle

Forrest got absolutely bullied up against their number 2 Rooney, he had Forrest in his back pocket, also anyone know what Rooney's problem was at the end? Seemed to take issue with something said from the North Terracing.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Forrest got absolutely bullied up against their number 2 Rooney, he had Forrest in his back pocket, also anyone know what Rooney's problem was at the end? Seemed to take issue with something said from the North Terracing.

According to his partner there was stuff shouted at him about his deceased mother. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I saw that on Twitter but I struggle to see how any Ayr fans knew that his mother had passed away.

Seems like a bit of faux outrage to me.

A bit like last season when Caldwell claimed he was hit by a missile when we played Thistle at Firhill and it was a pie casing.

If that happened then it’s vile and deserves to be called out. But I’d be very surprised if anyone in the Ayr support had the first idea about the guy’s mum. Seeing someone saying it was more an innocuous “yer maw” comment that (understandly) struck a chord with the guy.

Although I wasn’t on the north terrace so anyone’s guess is as good as mine.

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

According to his partner there was stuff shouted at him about his deceased mother. 

Pretty low if that's the case, however with some of the stuff i've heard from the roasters on the north terracing before it wouldn't surprise me.

52 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Pretty low if that's the case, however with some of the stuff i've heard from the roasters on the north terracing before it wouldn't surprise me.

He didn't help himself by shaking hands and laughing a few minutes previous after robbing a free kick,do that and everything is fair game in football

9 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

He didn't help himself by shaking hands and laughing a few minutes previous after robbing a free kick,do that and everything is fair game in football

Lol wut

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
12 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Nah, not everything.

The last time I heard a roar like that I snapped my ACL and calf, he was fine 30 seconds later, no sympathy and I've a season ticket at the Co-op Funeral Care. 

Muirhead was pretty solid today. Still found of hoofing it but it doesn't annoy as much as last season. Maybe because the forward players are quick to close it down when it inevitably lands to the opposition. Thought he might have got sent off for sticking the nut a bit into the back of an ICT players head, but thankfully only a booking

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

51 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

The last time I heard a roar like that I snapped my ACL and calf, he was fine 30 seconds later, no sympathy and I've a season ticket at the Co-op Funeral Care. 

I can’t believe what I’m reading here. Are you genuinely saying it’s fair game to start shouting to another human being abuse about their recently deceased mother, because they dived in a game of football?

If so, you’re an absolute fucking disgrace and utterly pathetic.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Did any  ICT fans here know about his mum before the game?

Yes. All of us with the ability to read registered it and everyone that did so sympathised.

John Robertson referenced it when Shaun came back into the team unexpectedly early after injury.

The death of one's mother is a deeply personal and profound thing.

There are some that come to the football that are seriously maladroit.

Whilst he remains fragile in the face of any perceived injustice, Shaun Rooney has something about him that is enchanting and engaging.

That first goal is an absolute shambles. Clear foul at the halfway line then some awful defending to let the cross come in. Player on the ground in front of Doohan seems to impede him, lying there after a bit of a dive, to be honest.

On another day (and not having that DKB as ref) Ayr win that comfortably.